PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has hung around for a reason...

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 04:10 AM
http://www.politicallore.com/presidential-candidates/john-mccain/will-mccains-nightmare-continue/166
I wonder if Ron Paul knew that McCain's FEC move was going to become a huge problem, and then you throw the lobbyist scandal and McCain's recent comment on torture...McCain is in huge trouble.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-22-2008, 04:19 AM
OMG - if the creator of the McCain Feingold bill is caught in FEC redtape I will literally LMAO.

And try this link:

http://www.politicallore.com/presidential-candidates/john-mccain/will-mccains-nightmare-continue

or d1gg it at this link:

htt p://di gg.com/2008_us_elections/Will_McCain_s_Nightmare_Continue_now_from_the_FEC

2 breaks in there. And please bump or comment.

AdamT
02-22-2008, 07:20 AM
No need to break Digg.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Will_McCain_s_Nightmare_Continue_now_from_the_FEC

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-22-2008, 07:51 AM
No need to break Digg.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Will_McCain_s_Nightmare_Continue_now_from_the_FEC

Umm I think there is. I do it so digg doesn't see all our links or for people to just search our forum.

Highstreet
02-22-2008, 08:35 AM
There are quite a few diggers who have their stuff routinely buried simply because they are watched by the bury brigades.

LEK
02-22-2008, 08:49 AM
The million dollar question:

How long will a Republican base that is already apprehensive of McCain stick up for him and wait out his laundry list of problems.

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
They better try and push someone else up real quick. Is this the time the mittens romney comes back in? Wonder how that would make things....

Bruno
02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
this is good stuff!!
I thought Mittens ended his campaign after suspending it before. Can he get back in?

roho76
02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
They better try and push someone else up real quick. Is this the time the mittens romney comes back in? Wonder how that would make things....
I don't believe Romney can come back. I think that once he endorsed McCain he can not return at least to the Republican Party. Not sure on this I'm in the process of looking into it. Also he gave his Delegates away so there is really no point.

Eric

acptulsa
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't believe Romney can come back. I think that once he endorsed McCain he can not return at least to the Republican Party. Not sure on this I'm in the process of looking into it. Also he gave his Delegates away so there is really no point.

Eric

I don't think they were his to give. They'll have to follow party rules, which vary by state, and many will have to vote for him in the first rounds. As for Romney "un-suspending" his campaign, there's no precedent for it in the party system. The only precedent for that was Ross Perot's independent run, and the on-again off-again nature of that was not beneficial.

Mordan
02-22-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.politicallore.com/presidential-candidates/john-mccain/will-mccains-nightmare-continue/166
I wonder if Ron Paul knew that McCain's FEC move was going to become a huge problem, and then you throw the lobbyist scandal and McCain's recent comment on torture...McCain is in huge trouble.

what kind of trouble? I don't see much ripples around

tommyzDad
02-22-2008, 10:54 AM
The only precedent for that was Ross Perot's independent run, and the on-again off-again nature of that was not beneficial.

But it sure made for some hilarious TV. I recall a skit, on SNL I think, with "Larry King" interviewing someone, and every few minutes "Ross Perot"/Dana Carvey would pop up on Larry's monitor announcing his candidacy, then his renouncing his candidacy, his being back in the race....

tangent4ronpaul
02-22-2008, 11:27 AM

This could get very interesting... at the least it should level the playing field.

McCain could drop out or experience a sudden drop in support.

Romney might be able to get back in - but he would be working with a severe handicap.

It could become a race between Paul and Huck.

or

Some new candidate could enter stage left... (is it too late for that to happen?)

-n

WilliamC
02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
This could get very interesting... at the least it should level the playing field.

McCain could drop out or experience a sudden drop in support.

Romney might be able to get back in - but he would be working with a severe handicap.

It could become a race between Paul and Huck.

or

Some new candidate could enter stage left... (is it too late for that to happen?)

-n

There's been talk of Mayor Michael Bloomberg entering the race for a couple of months now, not as a Republican but as an independent.

For the Republicans? Who knows, some are pushing to get Newt Gingrich to enter the race.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Releasing his delegate, Romney is out.

Sarge
02-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I am hoping that he doesn't take the Federal money.

It could make the states where he didn't get the signatures a question.

Not sure what states besides Ohio, where he didn't have to get signatures to get on the ballot as he qualified to take Federal funds.

If he backs out now, I hope HQ goes after those states to question his being on the ballot.

kpitcher
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Newt, who would want newt? That's really reaching the bottom of the barrel for the GOP.

Newt has so much baggage from failed marriages, adultery, and coming off as a hypocrit I just fail to see his appeal.

Just a quick search shows his dirty laundry
http://www.salon.com/news/1998/08/28news.html (http://www.salon.com/news/1998/08/28news.html)

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 02:12 PM
all of this talk I'm hearing in the MSM of this possibly bringing the right together is pure SPIN, McCain is giving the conservatives who didn't like him to begin with a laundry list of reasons to go else where.

Knightskye
02-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Hah. Mr. Campaign Finance Reform caught in his own trap.

If McCain is trapped in the federal program it would mean that he would only be able to spend another $5 million between now and the Republican Convention in September, this would essentially doom his general election campaign before it has even left behind Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul.

:D Good stuff. $5 Million? He'll blow through that in a week. Too bad he'll get interviews on every major TV network every day to make up for it.

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
David Brooks weighed in today on McCain saying:
"If it turns out that there is evidence of an affair and a meeting, then his presidential hopes will be over."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/opinion/22brooks.html?em&ex=1203829200&en=8949951e21a55a3f&ei=5087
let hope the sources step up and blow this thing WIDE OPEN...

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 05:26 PM
these developments makes RP's March 4th primary election for his congressional seat all the more important. If he can put that behind him, I think the campaign could catch a second wind.

Thomas Paine
02-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I am neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I wouldn't be surprised if McCain dies of a stroke or a coronary before the general election. He looks awfully feeble lately.

NEPA_Revolution
02-22-2008, 07:49 PM
If McCain died I wouldnt shed a tear.

WilliamC
02-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I dunno, look at how long Dick Cheney has held on and he's had 4 heart attacks that we know of.

But one things for sure, if McCain is elected he's not going to outlive the wars he gets us into while he's in office :(

When he says we'll be in Iraq another 100 years and that there will be more wars, he's not talking about being here to suffer the consenquences himself.

That's for our children, and theirs, and theirs, and theirs...

Thomas Paine
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I dunno, look at how long Dick Cheney has held on and he's had 4 heart attacks that we know of.

But one things for sure, if McCain is elected he's not going to outlive the wars he gets us into while he's in office :(

When he says we'll be in Iraq another 100 years and that there will be more wars, he's not talking about being here to suffer the consenquences himself.

That's for our children, and theirs, and theirs, and theirs...

Why we fight...

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I am neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I wouldn't be surprised if McCain dies of a stroke or a coronary before the general election. He looks awfully feeble lately.
you are assuming that McCain is human and not a war mongering beast or machine of some kind:p

suzypotaka
02-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Mccluck on front page, you have to love the MSM for this one! I've been saying all along *anything* is possible!!! Heck, there is 6 more months for stuff to happen. The mccluck is finally going to get his karma!!!!

GO CONGRESSMAN PAUL!! All the way!!!

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Mccluck on front page, you have to love the MSM for this one! I've been saying all along *anything* is possible!!! Heck, there is 6 more months for stuff to happen. The mccluck is finally going to get his karma!!!!

you are right that anything is possible, its important to get Ron Paul back into the discussion, even before McCain completely folds

Chomsky
02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

TruthAtLast
02-22-2008, 10:49 PM
these developments makes RP's March 4th primary election for his congressional seat all the more important. If he can put that behind him, I think the campaign could catch a second wind.

i agree. there is still a lot of time left and if he can nail down that Congressional win, he can refocus and come back re-energized and ready to take on the GOP.

TruthAtLast
02-22-2008, 10:51 PM

yes, but the key is to keep compounding. McCain is already doing a decent job deflecting the criticism but if a couple MORE things come out, suddenly there is a compounding effect and his image is tainted with his own supporters, EVEN if someone of the stuff was denied.

We need to keep releasing new information. I mean the guy doesn't just have skeletons in his closet.... he had to rent a whole storage unit to have a place big enough to keep them.

Chomsky
02-23-2008, 01:09 AM
yes, but the key is to keep compounding. McCain is already doing a decent job deflecting the criticism but if a couple MORE things come out, suddenly there is a compounding effect and his image is tainted with his own supporters, EVEN if someone of the stuff was denied.

We need to keep releasing new information. I mean the guy doesn't just have skeletons in his closet.... he had to rent a whole storage unit to have a place big enough to keep them.
good point, without money to fight bad news coming in from every angle McCain is going to have a very tough time recovering.

Chomsky
02-23-2008, 03:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

kigol
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
wow

Chomsky
02-23-2008, 07:10 PM
wow

Exactly, and its only the beginning.

Gurran
02-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Couldn't Romney just sweep in if McCain was knocked out?

Chomsky
02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Couldn't Romney just sweep in if McCain was knocked out?

that's a good question, does anybody know

Feelgood
02-25-2008, 09:58 PM
The million dollar question:

How long will a Republican base that is already apprehensive of McCain stick up for him and wait out his laundry list of problems.

Bingo! You beat me to it! :)

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
that's a good question, does anybody know

That would cause a brokered convention for sure then, even if McCain drops out. There is no way Romney can reenter and not lead to a brokered convention.

JAM824A
02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Dude, what the fuck? I tried digging the original story (while logged in) but it kept saying "You are not logged in." So, I tried re-logging in and digging it a couple times, to no avail. I re-logged in and tried digging one last time, and then tried burying it, just due to my curiosity, and lo and behold, it worked.... Anyone?

Feelgood
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
I wonder if this is what Dr Paul refers to as blow back?

qh4dotcom
02-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Judging how brainwashed all millions who voted for McCain are, it looks like McCain is going to survive his problems....unless the Dems somehow land him in jail for breaking the campaign laws.

I sure hope I am wrong.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-26-2008, 03:45 AM
Dude, what the fuck? I tried digging the original story (while logged in) but it kept saying "You are not logged in." So, I tried re-logging in and digging it a couple times, to no avail. I re-logged in and tried digging one last time, and then tried burying it, just due to my curiosity, and lo and behold, it worked.... Anyone?

Maybe you already dugg it. Did it say "dugg" underneath number?