PDA

View Full Version : Fresno, California Mayoral Canidate Jim Boswell

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 03:58 AM
I was introduced to Jim Boswell from my step dad actually and recently was able to ask him a few questions related to "local" issues and his views on them. I asked the questions that I feel most "Regular" politicians would of given the ever ready cookie cutter response to or odds are would not respond. Jim Boswell is the real deal for us here in Fresno, Ca.

Here is his website itself that is in the beginning stages which I am looking into helping him and his campaign with very soon. I just really focused on researching him this week and I feel we really have a shot based on the other candidates.

http://www.jimboswellformayor.com

Here are my questions and his answers. I asked the questions that I knew a person would have to take an actual stance on and would either gain or lose a voter based on the response.

Have you openly endorsed Ron Paul for president and if not which president do you endorse?

I have not OPENLY endorsed Mr. Paul except to those who have asked me. The media and the associations running the debates I have attended have not asked this question.
I do however, support Ron Paul for President. I support Ron Paul because of what he says, what he stands for and I also see how he has been all but ignored by the "Big Money" people. I can relate to this type of behavior because since I stand for working for the people, I have also been ignored by most big wigs and associations in Fresno.

What is your stance on video cameras in residential streets?

I have not, and will not fall for the spin our administration is attempting to put on the camera issue by stating that the cameras are for "The safety of the people." I believe the cameras are a waste of taxpayers money, especially when we are in a budget crisis, (which by the way has risen from 12 million to over 20 million locally) and I believe the cameras are a way for the government to keep a watch on us as well as a violation of our civil liberties such as our rights to privacy and freedom from oppression.

What is your stance on the medical marijuana doctor and allowing med patients access to a fresno cannabis club?

This might not go over well with some people, but I will always answer questions honestly. I believe that patients should be allowed to visit cannabis clubs freely and without fear of prosecution. I also believe that the doctors should be able to prescribe medically necessary marijuana without fear of prosecution or harassment from the government. I actually know three doctors who have all told me that they would prescribe medical marijuana instead of the harmful medications they are forced to prescribe, but they don't because of the federal and local government harassment they receive.

If push came to shove would you allow for eminent domain on private property if it helped the greater good of fresno city?

The short answer is no. I believe this is a way for the government to dictate how people use their own property that they have purchased legally. I can not think of one instance that eminent domain will be used for the greater good of Fresno. As a matter of fact, eminent domain has been used more for the developer's profit margin more than the benefit of our city. For instance, this has been discussed by my opponents and they agree with the use of eminent domain in order to basically take the property from the people who own the buildings downtown. I do not agree. I know that if someone from our government came to my home and told me they did not like the color and they will take my home from me if I do not paint my home the color that they want me to, I would tell them more than just go away.
Having said this, what I would like to see happen with the property owners downtown whom have allowed their property to become an eyesore and who are waiting for property values to rise, is to first request that the property owners clean, paint and beautify their property so the buildings are not an eyesore on our downtown area. There are actually funds available to help with this project, but my council member opponents do not tell anyone this. If the property owner does not comply, then I do believe in adding an ordinance that will require these property owners to beautify their properties within reason, especially with the many condemned buildings we have downtown. There are city ordinances in other cities that require this in order to keep their city looking clean and viable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from the few questions I asked he really is on par for someone who can really represent fresno california in the way that needs to be done. We need to build this country up from the bottom up and the top down and should support anyone who is willing to take these stands on issues that many might laugh or look down upon.

I am looking into leading up the fresno meetup group for Jim Boswell and am more then ready to be able to take charge of the grassroots efforts in fresno, california and hope others in my city and across the nation will support Jim Boswell in his mayoral race for fresno mayor which will be happening June 3rd I believe.

I will be setting up a money bomb site for Jim Boswell as well as helping with the GOTV and canvassing and would love anyone who is from the central valley to contact Jim Boswell and let him know you support him as well.

His website will be updated very soon with his local stance on specific issues and I will update those local and worldwide for that matter who are interested in how the race goes once we get to that time.

I hope you will contact him and thank him for running for local office to help change our nation for the greater good and bring it back to the constitution. What better way then to get to the locals in your very own city?

I am excited to have someone who shares my views running for mayor of my city (fresno,ca) and hope to see support for our effort in here.

Sometimes all that is needed is a word of encouragement now and then as we all do. Our fight is a long one and need as many ron paul republicans and ron paul democrats in all levels of office and should support all HONESTLY TRUE to the views of the constitution.

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 06:48 AM
I am also looking for potential candidates for the various congressional districts here in fresno california to support and campaign for as well. If you or anyone you know is planning on running for next term let me know here. I believe the cutoff date was today so I dont see anyone new getting in for this year UNLESS you are already in and if so please make yourself known to the local ron paul meetup group here.

life_boy
02-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Wow, this is great! Thanks for informing us.

Is Jim associated with a particular political party?

Yom
02-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't like the "ask people to clean up how their property looks downtown" and ordinance solution (that's prime property and will be bought and cleaned up when the market allows for it - no need for government to intervene), but he does seem like a decent candidate.

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 03:18 PM
If you are in fresno,california you would understand Yom. I do understand WHY that would be your one objection but our downtown area NEEDS something done to it so it rebuilds (so to speak). Eminent Domain is so common over here in fresno with ALL candidates and Jim's stance on just asking that those who have the property/buildings to simply clean it up is VERY refreshing.

Our downtown area has been sitting with vacant buildings for what is going on tens of years while these people do infact simply wait for their property to go up in value OR while waiting for outside investors to come in and clean up the area and buy their property out from them.

Our downtown area does actually need some form of beautification BUT I do agree that nothing should be forced on a person through city means BUT you need to see what we are up against really.

Personally I think ALL businesses downtown should at least LOOK clean and if you have been in fresno,californias downtown area you might start to realize that some of these business owners are simply leaving the buildings to go to the wasteside and not help the rest of the ongoing effort on cleaning up the downtown area and FINALLY have it looking and acting like the downtown it should.

I think Jim's stance is more like that of someone who owns a condemned or uninhabited house that looks vacant and or run down. If you have seen some of what is "sitting " around building wise downtown JUST because a person can leave it like that.

As a city I think there should be an ordinance of some sort to make sure that some can't simply allow their property to devalue and undermind the expansion of the downtown area which we have actually been trying to work on for the last 30+ years it seems.

I think all business owners should keep their property up to a specific "quality level" and not have the "tagged on all walls with busted windows" just because they are waiting another 10 years for something to appreciate or hoping donald trump does infact build that gof course in fresno.

Our city is more then ready to use eminent domain to MAKE business owners and residential land owners give up their property just so that people like donald trump can develop golf course no matter who it hurts.

Jim simply asking those business owners to just keep their property looking NOT condemned is a breath of fresh air here honestly.

Here is california we are ran by famous people on all levels it seems. We have the terminator as our governor and the fresno mayor was "bubba" on In the het of the night (alan autry).

We have people who simply want MORE MONEY, more expansion at ANY cost to the tax payer, land owner and resident of fresno and it needs to change.

I guess I can see where telling someone what they can or cannot do with their property and or building could be under the "none of your business" area BUT you need to see some of the buildings and what they really are doing to the downtown area simply so they can wait for "something" big to happen so they can make a killing on the property when THEY get bought out.

We need to should the property owners that NO we will NOT come and take your land which has been happening in fresno to build everything from our highways and was about to be used to build a damn golf course.

If the property owners knew their property would remain theirs maybe they would be more then happy to invest in the look of the building and get the tagging, boarded and busted windows down and start reinvesting in it again and we can then see our downtown area grow in a way that actually makes sense.

That is my take on it at least here in fresno. We need to get rid of those in office who LOVE eminent domain as a way to accomplish anything and if that means getting someone in office who would like business owners to just make sure their buildings had general upkeep and looks habitable I can handle that no problem.

Thank you Yom for the response and still understand your concerns on it.

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I will be talking with him today and actually want to talk with him about the RLC ( http://www.rlc.org/ ) and see what his thoughts on that are.

Wow, this is great! Thanks for informing us.

Is Jim associated with a particular political party?

IN fresno it is not a party affiliation thing when voting for mayor. I am hoping that around here however we have ron paul republicans and democrats so we can get both sides of the fence so to speak.

Even our news chose NOT to include any of the 8 candidates running's party affiliation EXCEPT one in a news article by accident THEN actually did a retraction story on it to remove that information.

I do enjoy the fact that people will not solely be voting for fresno mayor just because they are a republican or democrat but because of what he or she can do for the city of fresno that keeps the people of the city in charge and free from local big business and government building at the costs of the citizens.

boggie08
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
If anyone still has a myspace, you could talk about Californian candidates here.

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=104826837&Mytoken=4F92A69F-42A5-4786-AB9D3765629963C14294310