PDA

View Full Version : Would you give your future son the name Ron Paul?

qh4dotcom
02-22-2008, 02:26 AM
I am recently married and do not have any kids yet and if I have a boy in the future I was thinking giving him the first name Ron and middle name Paul.

My grandfather named my father Franklin after Franklin Roosevelt.

Anybody else here would do that?

Peterjar
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
My wife is 8 months pregnant and its a boy! I would not name him Ron Paul X. This is the same stupidity that leads to a bunch of northern Irais (Kurds) being named after George Bush Sr. This movement is about ideas not about Ron Paul. The day we stop aggrandizing individuals and start putting our faith in ideas is when we will have our freedom.

Peter

derdy
02-22-2008, 02:32 AM
My wife is 8 months pregnant and its a boy! I would not name him Ron Paul X. This is the same stupidity that leads to a bunch of northern Irais (Kurds) being named after George Bush Sr. This movement is about ideas not about Ron Paul. The day we stop aggrandizing individuals and start putting our faith in ideas is when we will have our freedom.

Peter

Touche and Fugazi rocks!!

The One
02-22-2008, 02:37 AM
I'm going to name my son Farty McCrablice.

Fields
02-22-2008, 03:24 AM
No thanks but I see where you are coming from with this one.

AdamT
02-22-2008, 07:23 AM
I jokingly mentioned this to my wife last week. No dice. She doesn't like Voltron either.

yongrel
02-22-2008, 07:25 AM

Peter

Are you forgetting that RP named his own son after Ayn Rand?

jaumen
02-22-2008, 07:30 AM
There's certainly nothing wrong with naming your child after someone you admire. That said, I wouldn't name my future son after him, just because I'm not a huge fan of the name Ron. Just like other names better :)

molly_pitcher
02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Liberty would be a nice name for a girl. You could call her "Libby".

pinkmandy
02-22-2008, 01:49 PM
What about Ronetta Pauline? LOL.

Dustancostine
02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Rhonda Paulette

jsteilKS
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Im newly married also, my wife asked me about names a few times.

She approved. (she supports Paul also btw)

Thomas Paul Steil (Thomas Jefferson, Ron Paul, my last name)
Madison Marley Steil (James Madison, Robert "bob" marley, My last name)

She wasn't likeing the last name i mentioned.

Jean-Dominique "Lucky' Dube Steil
(Jean Leapold Dominique - assasinated for his opposition to UN involvement in Haiti and the opposition of Haiti's government, Lucky Dube a reagea singer from South Africa was killed in a car jacking right infront of his young children he sang about peace and unity, my last name.

Joseph Hart
02-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Ill call my kid Liberty. Its not about Ron Paul its about the message of freedom and liberty.

purplechoe
02-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Liberty would be a nice name for a girl. You could call her "Libby".

people would probably think you named her after "Scooter". :)

RTsquared
02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I would think about it, but probably not. Too many other names out there I prefer, though Ronald or Paul as a middle name is certainly a possibility.

Then again, I probably should think about it. My maternal grandfather was named Eugene Debs <surname>.

humanic
02-22-2008, 03:22 PM
From the website of Dave Ryon, who is running for Congress (http://www.daveryon.com): "I would like to share our good news that Julie and I are expecting our first baby sometime in August. We have picked out names, Ronald Paul Ryon and Kaylee Rose Ryon."