PDA

View Full Version : Not everything is a conspiracy

Sematary
08-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I keep seeing these posts where people blame the 5th place in Ames on Diebold, or MSM blackouts and any number of other things in all kinds of posts. The fact is, Dr. Paul STILL doesn't have the name recognition he needs to make it into the big time and THAT is up to us. The fact is, he is still relatively unknown but people have seen him. People saw him on television, they tell me, while I'm handing them a slimjim, but they didn't really piece it together until that moment. The fact is, Republicans don't like him because he is against the war and the majority of Americans have never heard of him. It is OUR job to fix that. Get out and talk to people. Setting up blogs is nice but how many people besides us are actually going to read them? Slamming polls is great but the numbers don't reflect the lack of name recognition in America - they only represent the fact that we are more active than other supporters. So what is our job? GET MORE SUPPORTERS!!!
Stop thinking that everything is a conspiracy and whining about the MSM and the various GOP state parties and think about getting off your ass and getting his name known in the world where most people DON'T spend the majority of their time online. The future is unwritten and it is up to us to write it. It is time to reach the majority of Americans who have no clue who Ron Paul is and tell them who he is and get them on board.

End of transmission.... Please proceed into the real world with our message....

Hook
08-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I think you are part of a conspiracy to steer us into not finding out about the true conspiracy. A conspiracy inside of a conspiracy if you will.
JK :)

Sematary
08-14-2007, 11:36 PM
I think you are part of a conspiracy to steer us into not finding out about the true conspiracy. A conspiracy inside of a conspiracy if you will.
JK :)

lol :cool:

escapinggreatly
08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Pain and simple fact - I brought Ron Paul up in a conversation with several of my college-aged friends, and only half knew who he was.

Ay, there's the rub.

Sematary
08-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Pain and simple fact - I brought Ron Paul up in a conversation with several of my college-aged friends, and only half knew who he was.

Ay, there's the rub.

I'm actually shocked the number was that high. Keep working on them.

Kuldebar
08-14-2007, 11:51 PM
My friends (they live out of state, so they aren't exposed to my views very often) had never heard of him, and my Uncle and Aunt had never heard of him either and they are Republicans.

The cold shoulder treatment from the media does have this effect.

Is it a conspiracy? Well, I do believe it's intentional. The media types think they are giving us the "real news" by filtering out the "no shot" Ron Paul from their dialog and discussion.

There's many exceptions to this treatment, of course, so I don't entertain notions of some evil mogul calling all the media outlets telling them to kill a story about Paul.

I just think it's a natural process of the status quo maintaining itself.

Look what happened with the doctor that had a crazy theory that most stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria, not certain diets. He was laughed at and ignored by the whole medical community and pharmacology field.

So, taking it upon himself, he isolated the bacteria and exposed himself to the bug...and got a stomach ulcer.

He was scoffed at for such a unprofessional method (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4304290.stm)...but today we know the truth and people are much better off for it.

DeadheadForPaul
08-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I get asked probably 3 times a week about my bumper sticker. Most people have no idea who he is

ksuguy
08-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Also, I think we need to work on older voters. Many of them don't use the internet and we need to find other methods to reach them.

When I was watching the straw poll speech on C-SPAN I noticed that most of the Ron Paul supporters on camera appeared to be in their 20's and early 30's. That's great, but one of largest voting blocks with the highest turnout is people over 50.

FreedomLover
08-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Yep, and older voters are usually turned off by things that scare them away or sound foreign. That's why you usually see them voting for the simple, cookie-cutter candidates (Bush, Dole, etc)

If they don't run away by the time you say "...rid of IRS" then consider yourself lucky, but don't push it too much. These are where you will find the big bloc of old-school anti-welfare (even to this day anti-new deal) conservative types, and Ron Paul will have them sold on that alone.

Remember, you have to get the votes first before you can call them into question.

Let's rely on getting the name and the message out there, and save the "we'll never win because the media and gop hate us and dont tell anyone about us and lie about us blah blah blah" because it is not true.

They have to know who you are first to make fun of you! And while many political pundits and liveless bloggers and media news execs may know who Ron Paul is and have a passing understanding of his ideals (that is their job), most lower level GOP county chairs and local reporters and media workers still have no idea.

When Ron Paul proves to be a viable candidate to these people, the big media will change their tune about not covering him. At the end of the day, media is looking for ratings, and the GOP is looking for a hillary-slayer. The Censorship charge is overblown.

escapinggreatly
08-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Also, I think we need to work on older voters. Many of them don't use the internet and we need to find other methods to reach them.

When I was watching the straw poll speech on C-SPAN I noticed that most of the Ron Paul supporters on camera appeared to be in their 20's and early 30's. That's great, but one of largest voting blocks with the highest turnout is people over 50.

Better start advertising on Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

mport1
08-15-2007, 12:22 AM
I keep seeing these posts where people blame the 5th place in Ames on Diebold, or MSM blackouts and any number of other things in all kinds of posts. The fact is, Dr. Paul STILL doesn't have the name recognition he needs to make it into the big time and THAT is up to us. The fact is, he is still relatively unknown but people have seen him. People saw him on television, they tell me, while I'm handing them a slimjim, but they didn't really piece it together until that moment. The fact is, Republicans don't like him because he is against the war and the majority of Americans have never heard of him. It is OUR job to fix that. Get out and talk to people. Setting up blogs is nice but how many people besides us are actually going to read them? Slamming polls is great but the numbers don't reflect the lack of name recognition in America - they only represent the fact that we are more active than other supporters. So what is our job? GET MORE SUPPORTERS!!!
Stop thinking that everything is a conspiracy and whining about the MSM and the various GOP state parties and think about getting off your ass and getting his name known in the world where most people DON'T spend the majority of their time online. The future is unwritten and it is up to us to write it. It is time to reach the majority of Americans who have no clue who Ron Paul is and tell them who he is and get them on board.

End of transmission.... Please proceed into the real world with our message....

Ditto.

Syren123
08-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Yes it is.
Everything is a conspiracy.

ksuguy
08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Better start advertising on Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

Lou Dobbs and the various channels that show old movies would be the ticket for reaching my grandparents.