PDA

View Full Version : Can I be drafted?

rvkpa
02-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Say Juan gets elected by some dark nightmare miracle. I'm 25. Am I too old to get drafted? I don't want to fight for something I don't believe in.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-21-2008, 10:57 PM
nt

Mr. White
02-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Historically I think the draftable age max in Vietnam was 26. Deferments existed for various reasons as well. If you're not registered with Selective Services, that may buy you some time too. There's also consciencous objector filing, but I havn't looked through that in awhile and can't remember if it applies differently to draftees.

kigol
02-21-2008, 11:01 PM
yup.

Tom228
02-21-2008, 11:01 PM
It's not likely since it's extremely unpopular.

I say don't lose sleep over it; it's highly unlikely,but as long there are no more wars or sending of troops I don't think you need to worry.

rvkpa
02-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, It's kind of a catch 22. You don't want to stand by while your countrymen are marched off to the battlefields, but you also don't want to further the causes you disagree with. I DO think that only cowards let children fight their battles. I mean the current government has a bunch of kids barely out of high school fighting their battles. This is just a horrible situation any way you slice it.

kyleAF
02-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Declare that you are a communist. :eek: I'm pretty sure that disqualifies you... I remember seeing it in one of our UCMJ or DoD rules, but I can't find the source...

kyleAF
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't foresee a draft though... Too contentious at this fragile point. There'd be full-scale rioting and actual armed resistance, IMO.

Unless someone nukes us, then the American machine will roll into unified action... but that's TEOTWAWKI anyway, so it won't matter.

Doktor_Jeep
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Let's see:

Most Ron Paul supporters are of the younger crowd.
The Ron Paul supporters are the worst thorn in the side of the NWO since Goldwater.

How to get rid of young Ron Paul supporters without making the soft tyranny look like a real tyranny and all those older Ron Paul supporters will notice and start shooting?

Yes that's it!

Draft all those young Ron Paul supporters and send them into a meat grinder with crap gear and used rifles and no body armor!

BlueCalico
02-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Yes, you can be drafted. The President decides the age limits.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
You could be.

During WWII I think it went up to around 35 years old with some older people serving depending on when they got in and their specialty.

But the times are different and we dont have two huge campaigns like Europe and the Pacific. 2 or 3 smaller ones now.

Libertywolf78
02-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Unfortunately they already have the registration mechanism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System) in place. Just a matter of the right time for them to bring it back.

As a side note, I didn't know Ford ended the program in 1975 (but Carter brought in back in 1980). Props to Ford for that.

MarcS
02-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Say Juan gets elected by some dark nightmare miracle. I'm 25. Am I too old to get drafted? I don't want to fight for something I don't believe in.

Then i suggest fighting for something you do believe in: pick up your rifle and shoot at the press gangs when they come for you.

Oh, if you want to have some fun, call the selective service office and ask them to unregister you. You won't get anywhere, but it is amusing. Just be persistant.

youngbuck
02-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Then i suggest fighting for something you do believe in: pick up your rifle and shoot at the press gangs when they come for you.

Oh, if you want to have some fun, call the selective service office and ask them to unregister you. You won't get anywhere, but it is amusing. Just be persistant.

Haha, that would be amusing. I think I'll do that one day and record the convo.

angelatc
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM

They change the age and the exclusions as they see fit. In WWII, they were taking guys in their 40's.

sophocles07
02-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah, It's kind of a catch 22. You don't want to stand by while your countrymen are marched off to the battlefields, but you also don't want to further the causes you disagree with. I DO think that only cowards let children fight their battles. I mean the current government has a bunch of kids barely out of high school fighting their battles. This is just a horrible situation any way you slice it.

I agree. I don’t think we should call this anything other than what it is: genocide—against the American soldiers and the Iraqi population.

Lisa S
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I heard it was up to 42 now male and female to serve in some capacity. Can only sons be drafted?

jkm1864
02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
18 to 42 the last I looked and the bill said the people that refuse will goto forced work camps. I know it sounds harsh but You might think about getting a profession that might be in interest to national security. I work in the oil field and I might be passed u at 35 because of my profession. I won't go anyway because I'll just disappear into the woods.

MarcS
02-24-2008, 02:25 PM
18 to 42 the last I looked and the bill said the people that refuse will goto forced work camps. I know it sounds harsh but You might think about getting a profession that might be in interest to national security. I work in the oil field and I might be passed u at 35 because of my profession. I won't go anyway because I'll just disappear into the woods.

That's the problem with the way things are set up now. I'm not a conscientious objector since i don't have moral objections to the use of arms or using violence in all cases, although i do have a moral objection to state violence. I do have moral objections to slavery. Being forced to work in a "non-combat" job is just as bad as being forced to work in the infantry. Non-combat jobs support immoral wars all the same, but more importantly, being forced into service is slavery.

So what is the remaining option for someone who is not opposed to taking up arms for a just cause but is opposed to being enslaved by the state? I think it's obvious: Take up arms to oppose being enslaved by the state.

Why not? They're sending you to your death anyway. Under the laws of my state, lethal force is justified to prevent kidnapping. When you get your notice, report and refuse induction. If that doesn't work, slave rebellion. Kill anyone who opposes you.

GoDrNo
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/draftindex.shtml

FunkBuddha
02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Look at your state laws and find out what constitutes a Class E Felony. Then go have a little fun. Worst you'll do is 90 days in jail and you'll never have to worry about being drafted again!!!

Just make sure they don't try and give you the old pre-trial diversion or you'll be felony-less when you complete the sentence. If you keep a clean record after that, an expungement should be attainable when the need arises.