PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice and help on Caucus Flyer!!!

Roxi
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I am going canvassing soon with the lists i have made up from the phone calls i have made to get the people who didn't vote for mccain to show up at the caucuses :D

anyway i made this flyer, I could use some input on what you guys think

ALSO.... i was wondering about whether i should make it ron paul specific or just try to get as many people there as possible (i have data on how the people on my lists voted) and i will not be giving the flyer to any mccain voters :D

ALSO I could use some help on the printing costs as well, if you want to help please chip-in here:

http://tulsa2nh.chipin.com/printing-signs-and-materials

anyway so heres the rough draft

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5408/caucusflyerdraft1jz3.jpg

Roxi
02-21-2008, 07:10 PM
and im self bumping this because it was on the 3rd page 4 minutes after i posted it :D

miketwalker
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
My biggest concern would only be that non-Ron Paul people show up (though it is great you are planning to only hand them to people that voiced they want him). I think it would be nice if you could somehow put a comparison between the 3 that came off unbiased but really is and leans towards Paul (how you do that, I'm not sure)... but having something that shows Paul can win in some form. Perhaps listing an endorsement for each candidate and picking ones for the others that don't mean much and a good one for Paul?

Either way, I think this is a great idea especially if you focus it only on Ron Paul voters that aren't just going to flow the other way because he's "unelectable."

Roxi
02-21-2008, 08:14 PM
ok so the data i have is separated into 4 sections... mccain voters, romney voters, huck voters, and paul voters....

i was thinking of handing one to every household that DIDN'T vote for McCain

obviously we don't know that romney voters won't vote mccain at the caucus but a lot of them will be huck and paul voters too

SO

i could put a small quote from Huckabee and Ron Paul on there ???

Hmmm need more input!!!

Debbie Hopper
02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
The flyer looks very nice, but I wouldn't use it to turn out voters for any other candidate. We win by turning out our supporters in greater number than the oppositions supporters. I would recommend you let the other candidates worry about turning out their own voters......or perhaps pray that they don't!!! ;)

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Show 'em how it's done Show Me State!

Roxi
02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
well... this is for the missouri caucus, soooo the state coordinators and local meetup coordinators are pushing the idea to go for brokered convention and as long as mccain doesn't take it we can accomplish that... the vote was so close between mccain and huck that it would be possible for us to take missouri but it will be complicated... in our county caucus we have to vote for mccain, but if we can get enough huck and paul supporters to show up and make it to the state level and then vote for whoever we want....and then we can up the chances of a brokered convention... so basically it wont matter who i vote for we need to just get as many ron paul supporters identified and elected as delegates, and really the same for huck

SO SHOULD I MAKE IT A PRO RON PAUL FLYER OR KEEP IT NEUTRAL????

here are the election results for missouri

Paul, Ron REP 26,439 4.5%

Thompson, Fred REP 3,080 .5%

Romney, Mitt REP 172,231 29.3%

Giuliani, Rudy REP 3,557 .6%

McCain, John REP 193,932 33.0%

Huckabee, Mike REP 185,577 31.5%

Wiles, Virgil L.R. REP 123 .0%

Tancredo, Thomas REP 105 .0%

Hunter, Duncan REP 275 .0%

Cort, Hugh REP 46 .0%

Keyes, Alan REP 890 .2%

Gilbert, Daniel REP 88 .0%

UNCOMMITTED REP 2,084 .4%

Debbie Hopper
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I know the process is confusing and I think you may have misunderstood it a bit.

You do NOT have to vote for McCain's delegates at the County Caucus.

The Missouri Primary, held on Feb 5, bound all delegates to the NATIONAL CONVENTION to the winner of the primary for one round....it DID NOT, however, bind anyone's vote at the county caucus.

Missouri Ron Paul supporters will go to their county caucus on March 15 and cast their vote for Ron Paul delegates.

Hence...don't active the opposition or work to turn out their voters to the caucus.

Roxi
02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I see... so i should make it ron paul specific then

Debbie Hopper
02-23-2008, 02:19 AM
We still have a few weeks until the local caucus. From what you said earlier, it sounds as if you finished your voter ID calls (congrats!) and you've got lists of three types of voters -- those who support Dr. Paul, those who support another candidate, and those who are still undecided.

As a general rule, forget about the voters you identified who are committed to another candidate. Don't waste your time on them and DON"T try to get them out to caucus. With the three weeks remaining, focus your time on the identified Ron Paul supporters and the undecided.

Call and/or visit every identified Ron Paul supporter and do everything you can to persuade them to show up and vote at the county caucus on March 15. If they're willing to show up and vote, ask them if they're willing to be a delegate too. And don't forget to ask them to bring RP supporters they might know with them.

Try to get a firm commitment, then a day or two before the caucus, follow up and remind them of the date, time and place to caucus. See if any of them need a ride, or meet for an early breakfast and go to the caucus together. With just a small modification (adding Dr. Paul's name), your flyer would be a great reminder piece to mail or hand deliver to the RP supporters on your precinct list.

If you've got time, you can certainly call/visit/mail the undecided voters in your precinct to try to swing their support to Dr. Paul and to get them to attend the caucus and have their voice heard as well. But don't try to talk them into going to the caucus unless you know they're going to vote for RP delegates.

There's one more list you should create -- a list of every good friend, close neighbor, and family members who are registered to vote in your county. Call them and tell them that you're running to be a delegate from your county and ask them (call in favors, beg, plead) if they'll come to the caucus and vote for you and the other delegates that are running with you.

I just checked the delegate allocation chart from the GOP of MO. When Webster County voters caucus on March 15, they will elect 15 delegates and alternates to the Congressional District Convention, and 15 delegates and alternates to the State Convention.

Do you know how many other Ron Paul delegates and alternates are committed to running in Webster County?

Is there any way you can find out how many voters attended the GOP Webster County caucus in 2000 and 2004? It would be good if we could get some kind of idea so we know with some certainty how many RP supporters we need to turn out to win a majority of the delegate slots from your county.

In many of the rural counties, there will probably be less than 100 people who show up. If that's the case in Webster County, each of delegates would only have to bring a a handful of people to vote for them and the rest of our delegates, and we'd walk away with a majority of the slots.

Deb Wells, Ruth Carlson, and our CD and County coordinators are doing a fantastic job of recruting and training our delegates and supporters in preparation for the caucus. We may have come in 4th in the Missouri primary, but we've got a shot at first in the delegate race -- and that's the one that counts.

Keep up the great work!

Roxi
02-23-2008, 03:29 AM
i know there are for certain 4 running for delegates in webster county, i am not sure how to go about finding out the stats for previous elections though...

I will change the flyer to be pro ron paul though and only hand it out to our people only 168 people voted for Ron Paul in webster county, i have the lists of each one of them so my flyer will go to those people... BUT i can make one for each county and i have contacts in a lot of the other counties as well so i can just have about 200-300 printed for each of the smaller ones and about 1,000 printed for the bigger ones...

sooo i would say my goal is to have 10,000 printed so ill get working on the final draft

thanks for the help!!!!

Debbie Hopper
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
You have a list of all 168 that voted for Ron in your county?

If you have a GOP activist in your groups, ask them how many usually caucus. If they don't know, your GOP county chairman should know.