PDA

View Full Version : **Operation Ron Paul**

TwiLeXia
02-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Let's start a national movement to write in Ron Paul!!!

www.operationronpaul.com

Ron Paul may or may not win the primaries, and we should not stop canvassing simply because he has not done well.

In fact, we should do more. I believe we should plan to, as a final statement, write Ron Paul in. Dividing ourselves between different other candidates will not show the nation how much we believe in this message as it will if we all collectively write him in.

If we start a national movement about this, we may even be able to win Dr. Paul the presidency. There are barriers to write-in candidates, but we cannot let them detain us from making a strong statement.

--

I posted the idea that we should start a national movement a while ago, and it seemed to receive positive attention. So I decided to go ahead and create a website...

www.operationronpaul.com

So feel free to visit the site and suggest any changes you want. I do want to add that I am paying for the URL out of my own money, and that if this is received unfavorably by the rest of the Ron Paul community, I will cancel the account.

Jeremy
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
We do need to start a grassroots campaign to write in RP if the GOP doesn't come to their senses, which they probably won't.

The official campaign said they won't endorse a write-in, and that's obvious because then you'll have people calling RP a traitor to the party <.<

Acidlump
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Or we could force him onto the ballot (independent) through petitions and then instead of writing him in and getting your ballot disqualified (in some states), You could actually put a check by his name and get him in the office.

Jeremy
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Or we could force him onto the ballot (independent) through petitions and then instead of writing him in and getting your ballot disqualified (in some states), You could actually put a check by his name and get him in the office.

If running independent means he'd have to leave the party... that's a no because he can't leave congress for that.

Acidlump
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
If running independent means he'd have to leave the party... that's a no because he can't leave congress for that.

So he would get kicked out of congress for running with no party affiliation?

TwiLeXia
02-22-2008, 01:51 AM
We do need to start a grassroots campaign to write in RP if the GOP doesn't come to their senses, which they probably won't.

The official campaign said they won't endorse a write-in, and that's obvious because then you'll have people calling RP a traitor to the party <.<

Exactly... this has to be a grassroots effort to show America that Dr. Paul's message is here and is here to stay.

TwiLeXia
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
shameless self-bump

acptulsa
02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
So he would get kicked out of congress for running with no party affiliation?

Depends. If we circulate petitions and get him on each state's ballot despite the fact that he didn't ask us to, the G.O.P. would have no grounds to punish him.

TwiLeXia
02-22-2008, 03:45 PM
self-bump

TwiLeXia
02-23-2008, 03:21 PM
bump again

TwiLeXia
02-23-2008, 07:10 PM
final self-bump

TwiLeXia
02-26-2008, 11:18 AM
i don't care if you have criticism or negative things to say, but just don't ignore my post. i'm going to keep bumping this thing until i get to hear some more voices on this.

acptulsa
02-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Petitions this summer. We don't need Ron Paul's permission. He'll find them stronger bargaining chips at the convention if we do it without his approval.