PDA

View Full Version : Camera FOUND at Iowa HQ - Is it yours?

Dave
02-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Attention Grassroots:

When we closed down the Iowa Ron Paul headquarters we found a camera. If it's yours and you can identify it, please send me a PM.

This might be a camera that was left at the Ames Straw Poll back in August. It seems like this camera sat around the office for a while. Or maybe it was left some other time since then. Maybe one of the students who spent Christmas break here?

LandonCook
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Like I said before, I lost mine but mine was a Pentax Digital SLR as seen here>> http://photos-181.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v193/53/107/1106790181/n1106790181_30089773_8278.jpg

Dave
02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I remember that you had lost a camera. Unfortunately this is a different one - not as nice as yours.

Thanks for all your hard work here in Iowa!

Debbie Hopper
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Do you know Greg Moeller? I think he left a camera at the office on the day of the Grand Opening. I'll check with him.

Dave
02-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi, Debbie! I don't know Greg but hopefully we have good news for him. Just let me know.

Debbie Hopper
02-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I sent Greg an email and will let you know as soon as I hear back from him. Did you happen to find a cooler too?

berrybunches
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Everyone is so honest. I love it here.

Dave
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
There was a medium-sized blue cooler at HQ from the time of Ames all the way to the caucuses. I don't know where it wound up - it may have gone on the truck of campaign property that went out to the western states. I could ask around if someone is missing it.

Roxi
02-22-2008, 08:15 PM
this reminds me of when we were in NH and ofer left his laptop and camera at a sportsbar where we were having a debate watch party and then at about 1 am i got a call from someone who had found it and was trying to find the owner. it was awesome, i can't imagine any other situation where you can lose expensive digital equipment and have it returned to you... i love ron paul supporters :D

perrin_for_paul
02-22-2008, 09:59 PM
i don't know about the iowa camera, but i wanted to share a really funny story about honest ron paul supporters

before the myrtle beach, sc debate, we were leaving the convention center where we had been waving signs, and returned to our cars to head to the debate watching party. when we got to the cars, a woman with us noticed a really nice cell phone on the ground.

obviously, we decided we need to find out who it belonged to. so, she called the last number dialed, and left a message when a voicemail picked up. then she called the second number, listed as "mom."

she got an answer, and it turned out that the phone belonged to the daughter-in-law or son of john gibson (fox anchor). the mom called the son, who was there, and he called the phone, and the woman with us went back to the convention center to meet him.

he thanked her for retuning the phone, and turned to go, and an officer near them said that he should give her a reward. she said "no, the reward is doing something good to help my fellow man...i'm just doing what ron paul would have done"

yaz
02-22-2008, 11:47 PM
post on the students in iowa facebook groups

berrybunches
02-22-2008, 11:50 PM
i don't know about the iowa camera, but i wanted to share a really funny story about honest ron paul supporters
....a woman with us noticed a really nice cell phone on the ground....
she called the second number, listed as "mom."
....the phone belonged to the daughter-in-law or son of john gibson (fox anchor).

wow, small world