PDA

View Full Version : Why won't Dr. Paul run 3rd party?

Laughingcow
02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
We really need him to run. We need him on the ticket so our votes count.

LT for the Truth
02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I think it's too early to rule this out. RP has said otherwise but IMO, the people are not happy with the false choices that are placed before us. So we'll just have to be good troops in the meantime.

ToryNotion
02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Third party runs are futile. They are a waste of time and money. The system is rigged so that only the two existing parties have any chance. If RP runs third party and McCain loses he gets the blame and the Liberty movement suffers.

smartguy911
02-21-2008, 04:31 PM
hmm why another topic on this third party bs????? why why why..God gave you fingers and eyes. Use the damn search feature and you know what I'll help you out so you don't make anymore stupid topics.

Please follow the steps -

1. log into Ron Paul Forum
2. Click on search link at top and when you do, you should see a pop up with advanced search option. Click on advanced search
3. You should now see a search page. Enter "third party" or "3rd party" in search field and make sure to select "search titles only" from drop down box.
5. Click on "search now" and enjoy.

WilliamC
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
hmm why another topic on this third party bs????? why why why..God gave you fingers and eyes. Use the damn search feature and you know what I'll help you out so you don't make anymore stupid topics.

2. Click on search link at top and when you do, you should see a pop up with advanced search option. Click on advanced search
3. You should now see a search page. Enter "third party" or "3rd party" in search field and make sure to select "search titles only" from drop down box.

Sure you shouldn't be calling yourself wiseguy911 ;)

Too true though, most people don't bother to use a simple search function...

UnitedWeStand
02-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Also, he is possibly mentoring several Ron Paul Republican congressional hopefuls,and encouraging us to retake the GOP.

Many, many Ron Paul supporters are not ex-democrat, ex-libertarian, new Republicans. There are a lot of old timers on board. We do not want to lose them, or tarnish our movement's reputation (more).

As far as a 3rd party run is concerned, it is more possible that Ron Paul might endorse a 3rd party candidate that we could support. I think it is nearly impossible for this third party candidate to win, but with the extra months until november, you never know...

WilliamC
02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
We really need him to run. We need him on the ticket so our votes count.

The only way I see Ron Paul running on a third party ticket is if he loses his House seat and therefore is going to be out of office anyway.

UnitedWeStand
02-21-2008, 04:51 PM
The only way I see Ron Paul running on a third party ticket is if he loses his House seat and therefore is going to be out of office anyway.

I used to think that, but now with the growing Ron Paul Republican movement, I think he will stay true and consistent so as not to tarnish the movement in the GOP's eyes.

weslinder
02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Because third party runs for President are quixotic wastes of time and money that would be better served trying to change one of the major parties. The only way this Revolution actually changes anything is if we take over the Republican Party. We're doing it in Jefferson County, Texas. Are you doing it in your county and State?

Vancouverite90210
02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
"If RP runs third party and McCain loses he gets the blame and the Liberty movement suffers."

So? Who cares? Libertarianism isn't democrat or republican so who cares if that war monger McCain suffers? Ron Paul would NEVER endorse him anyway because McCain is more of the same meddling in the affairs of other countries, which serves only to get your embassies burnt down LOLOL

The Tao Of Bill
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
The best way to turn this movement into a joke is to make it into a third party.

Laughingcow
02-21-2008, 05:43 PM

If you don't like it you don't have to read it. So the next time someone makes a stupid post "according to you" don't read it. I think you probably just like having something smartass to say.

Laughingcow
02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Third party runs are futile. They are a waste of time and money. The system is rigged so that only the two existing parties have any chance. If RP runs third party and McCain loses he gets the blame and the Liberty movement suffers.

If the systems are rigged, isn't that what we are fighting against. So that our voices are heard. When I first started on this forum I thought Ron Paul had no hope of winning, but I'm starting to see how much support he really has and I think it may be possible on a third party run.

phixion
02-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Ron expects to win the nomination.

Pete

Laughingcow
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Sure you shouldn't be calling yourself wiseguy911 ;)

Too true though, most people don't bother to use a simple search function...

I did but I didn't seem to find anything valid. Maybe I didn't look far enough back. I haven't been on here long so I didn't see any topics of that nature. I still would like to think we have hope.

Laughingcow
02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Ron expects to win the nomination.

Pete

I certainly hope he does. After listening to you folks for a while I'm starting to believe...