PDA

View Full Version : What can ron paul republicans do at the local level of office?

newyearsrevolution08
02-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I am looking into to local city office as well as seen that I have 4 congressional districts that are in my city and could be a possibility as well.

What all could a ron paul republican OR democrat do on the local level of office that would stick to the constitution LOCALLY? Reason I ask is that Ron Paul talks about letting the cities and states run things and getting the government OUT of it.

Wouldn't the local office holders have a different slant because they are NOT federal level government?

Any info on this style of thought would be appreciated. Reason I ask is we have city council and mayor election coming up and I just dont know what platform would be talked about on a local level that would still be with the constitutional stance?

What I wish ron paul would do is write a book on how to change the nation in the various parts of office including what needs to be done, what rules need to be followed as well as what laws are unconstitutional even at a local/state level.

A guide on how to become a true ron paul republican but also to teach a person exactly what to do so those in a specific city can enjoy the fruits of less government, less taxes as well as personal privacy.

Personally when I think of what is against our constitution just at a local level here in fresno I think of these points and please by all means let me know if I am looking into this in the wrong way as well as sources of information on how to help this movement even at a city level.

1. In fresno we are now getting cameras placed on city streets as in RESIDENTIAL city streets and they are using it in the usual scare tactic way for "our protection" where they show how this camera caught a man shooting another one and because of this camera they were able to catch him.

Now in my mind I personally would want to end any sort of privacy intruding devices in any and all city streets. I see this as a huge invasion of privacy to say the least and there are other means of protecting people without invading and taking away the privacy and rights of others.

2. IN fresno we have a cannabis club doctor who needs protection from fresno to make sure he can continue his ability to allow people to choose whether they want to medicate with herbs or prescription drugs.

I think at a local level medical options should be very important and fresno should protect its citizens right to medicate especially since the state itself has the program and has been decriminalized since 1992.

I do not see a ton of fresno citizens excited about the above stance if it was a main position BUT still something that needs change LOCALLY that is against someones freedom to choose what they can or can't do with their body.

3. Our DUI rates are TERRIBLE and with that they have decided to hide police officers in bars at night and waiting til people get drunk and start driving and then arresting them. This is something that made ALOT of people angry because it was a form of entrapment BUT since it was done through the guise of "safety" people let it slide.

I do not agree with drinking and driving but I also believe that a person should not be targeted in this manner either and feel that locally this issue should be addressed at a local level. If anything just to get people to realize that their freedoms do NOT have to come at the cost of street cameras and undercover cops in bars.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone running for local city offices around the nation and if so is there a website or two with their local stances just so I can see what ron paul republicans can really do at a local office position that will inform their city/district that the constitution needs to be upheld both federally as well as locally?