PDA

View Full Version : keeping the movement together...

cbc58
02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
There appears to be a process going on of people creating new "freedom-based" "paul-like"entities in an effort to carry on after this election. I've counted at least 10 so far and they all pretty much have the same intent - taking government back and fixing the system.

While I understand why people are doing it... it promotes the possibility of division and dilution of this movement. Instead of one large central voice that is a force to be reckoned with.... it splits us apart into not nearly as effective organizations.

I don't know what the answer is but I'd like to propose or figure out some way of keeping this all together. The official campaign is (IMHO) not providing any direction and they are focused on themselves and keeping their jobs.

I'd like to see if others feel the same way about this and if they can propose a solution. This is too important for our country.

FreeTraveler
02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
The solution is integral to Dr. Paul's message... the free market.

Let all who care to start projects. The most effective will grow, others will fall by the wayside. If we end up with several good organizations spreading the message, that's wonderful news!

JS4Pat
02-21-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't know what the answer is but I'd like to propose or figure out some way of keeping this all together. The official campaign is (IMHO) not providing any direction and they are focused on themselves and keeping their jobs.

I'd like to see if others feel the same way about this and if they can propose a solution. This is too important for our country.

There appears to be a general consensus among Ron Paul supporters around the country that the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) (http://www.rlc.org/) represents the best vehicle to effectively push our agenda of Freedom, Peace and Prosperity and keep our grassroots movement alive and growing.

Northeast Florida has decided to go in this direction and we are having our first "organizational" meeting next week.

I share your concern over the real possibility of the movement splintering in so many different directions that our effectiveness is diminished.

I really wish Ron Paul himself would announce that the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC) is going to be THE VEHICLE for carrying the R[EVOL]UTION forward.

Below is a link to a discussion thread on the RLC:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402

FrankRep
02-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Get involved in your local John Birch Society chapters

http://www.JBS.org/

http://jbs.meetup.com/

cbc58
02-21-2008, 03:37 PM

Let all who care to start projects. The most effective will grow, others will fall by the wayside. If we end up with several good organizations spreading the message, that's wonderful news!

good point.

Myke
02-22-2008, 06:05 AM
are there any groups that are endorsed by ron paul? i dont trust these random websites, but I would trust what ron paul had to say. For example, I got an email today talking about how RP endorsed jim forsythe and to donate to his run.

I think things like that are a great idea. I want to see more "Ron Paul Republicans" come out of the woodworks. If RP endorses someone, I have 100% trust that that person is good for our country.

I wish there were one site which kept the REVOLUTION alive and let us all know the good politicians out there who ron paul supports, people who we should donate to, rallies, etc..

WilliamC
02-22-2008, 06:47 AM
I know Ron Paul has been involved with the Republican Liberty Caucus in the past but I'm not sure if he still is actively involved.

If so this does seem the most logical vehicle for working within the Republican Party to bring about change.

I notice there is no chapter in Mississippi, so maybe I've got some work to do....

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 06:49 AM
that is what you call sound advice and it is refreshing.

I too agree that those that are meant to stay afloat will do so.

JS4Pat
02-23-2008, 12:16 PM

I agree with you, but my fear is that if there is not a central rallying point for this enormous nationwide movement - we might lose momentum and a lot of active supporters.

I support the RLC option (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402&highlight=Republican+Liberty+Caucus) because I believe it represents this simplest structure for us to convert Meetup Groups into. From there projects and ideas via the "free market" can flourish.

IDefendThePlatform
02-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I agree with you, but my fear is that if there is not a central rallying point for this enormous nationwide movement - we might lose momentum and a lot of active supporters.

I support the RLC option (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402&highlight=Republican+Liberty+Caucus) because I believe it represents this simplest structure for us to convert Meetup Groups into. From there projects and ideas via the "free market" can flourish.

Turning the Ron Paul meetup groups into Republican Liberty Caucus meetup groups sounds like a great idea to me. The meetup groups are a fantastic asset (along with this forum, supporter lists, etc..) and I had been trying to think of a way to keep them going. I'm going to look into in RLC meetup in my area right now.

libertyVI
02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
My vision (for the presidential level) is something like a party convention, done the year before each presidential election. Everyone in our organization of choice (RLC?) could be invited, and we'd have a vote to nominate a candidate to run in the GOP primaries. That type of setup could really boost our organization leading up to the primaries.