PDA

View Full Version : How Huck's army can help the Ron Paul rEVOLution

jmdrake
02-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I've been kicking this around for about a week now but the new scandal involving John McCain has made this coalesce in my mind. No I'd never vote for the Huckster under any circumstances. And I think those talking about "strategically voting" for Huckabee in an effort to "block McCain" have lost their minds. But that doesn't mean we can't work together. Here are the facts:

* Both Paul and Huckabee are still in the race.
* Both have been the victims of clear vote rigging
* Both have a common enemy in John McCain
* Both are going after the same voter demographic (real conservatives)
* Both have similar positions on pro life
* Both would only have a chance in this election via a brokered convention
* Both have been shafted by the mainstream media in debate time
* Both have an urgent need to debunk the "invariability" of a McCain nomination

So how can we play off of this? Well the only way right now to stop John McCain is to drive up his negatives. Stopping Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or Mike Huckabee doesn't get us any closer to the nomination. Now we all know Ron Paul is really to nice to attack John McCain like he should. So that's on us. But we need help. My suggestion is to join forums such as "Huck's army". The idea is NOT to convert Huckabee supporters to our side. That simply is not going to happen. Instead it should be to feed anti McCain stories to their forum to be emailed - dugg - blogged whatever while picking up on anti McCain stories from their forums to be emailed - dugg - blogged etc. Maybe some creative types can make some good anti McCain youtubes. There's a LOT of material out there to work with from the Keating 5 to his recent "flip flop" on torture to his deceitful position on campaign finance to his actions on the POW/MIA issue to how close he is to lobbiests. NOTHING should be off the table if we are going to have a chance at this.

The worst thing in the world will be for the Republican party to FINALLY wake up after the convention and realize they've nominated the 2008 version of John Kerry as the nominee. Only it will be MUCH worse. John McCain will get stomped by either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or ANY democrat that even PRETENDS to be against the war in Iraq.

Regards,

John M. Drake

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I think the main thing right now is to say nice things to anyone anywhere who even smells like they might be a Huckabee supporter. This very morning the Huckster was saying nice things about McCain and making up all kinds of excuses about his misbehavior, and I'm just not sure that Huck's Army is going to come through such a spectacle with their morale intact.