PDA

View Full Version : Secession Petition For Ron Paul

AnalyticPursuit
02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I thought a petition to ask Ron Paul some questions about secession would be a good idea rather than having some kind of question bomb asking him what he thinks. Instead of making the petition hastily, I thought I would share the petition I wrote and encourage criticisms on whether 1. you think a petition is a good idea 2. whether you would change any part of what I wrote. I read the entirety of one of the threads recently posted, and thought being that Ron Paul has been the catalyst to bring most of us together, that we should consider his opinion on this issue.

Petition:

There is a movement starting to build of people who desire secession from the United States of America. We, the undersigned, humbly request that you answer three basic questions concerning this issue:

1. What things do you consider necessary for this to be successful?
2. What state do you think would best suit our needs?
3. Do you support this kind of move?

Sincerely,

We The People

Anyeong
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes!

pinkmandy
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Op, you have an interesting first 4 posts. Why would anyone want to ask RP this? I don't understand that motive? So he can finally get some media coverage? So he can be considered more fringe than he is now? Makes no sense imo.

Grassroots can figure this out for themselves imo.

FreeTraveler
02-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Op, you have an interesting first 4 posts. Why would anyone want to ask RP this? I don't understand that motive? So he can finally get some media coverage? So he can be considered more fringe than he is now? Makes no sense imo.

QFT. How about if we ask him for a statement about little green men, instead, or ask him when he last wore his tinfoil hat?

ThomasJ
02-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I endorse this initiative.

AnalyticPursuit
02-21-2008, 06:17 PM

My thinking is Ron Paul is going to get incrementally loaded with similiar questions like this. Instead of having the same question asked 500 times I thought it would be better to have people sign a single petition with questions to ask him once.

Personally, I don't think secession is that fringe of a topic. I wouldn't be surprised if he already got a number of questions relating to this subject already. I wanted to really put it out there to save him the hassle and see how people respond. If it is unfavorable, then we can just avoid the petition and people can incrementally write to him and see whether he responds.

As for your last comment, I thought in terms of wanting Ron Paul to be apart of our movement if he so chooses. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that support Ron, but I think perhaps a message from Ron Paul about this issue would potentially bring some unity. Not that he is our authority, but he has brought most of us together and his opinion is admireable to a lot of us.

Akus
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM

thank you, we have infinitely more important questions then cesession. Please! Cesession is nothing but tough talk. We need to address the issues on the Capitol hill so secession won't even be a problem.

LibertiORDeth
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
How about this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=122743

idiom
02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
It is a funny set of questions.

Try them in reverse order e.g.:

Do you think seccesion could be justified if the abuses of the Constitution continue?

Do you think Montana is more likely to secede before Texas?

Etc.