PDA

View Full Version : Fireman arrested for making accident scene safer.

Dieseler
02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=vp0gfkl00o

SS Trooper insisted his way or the Gestapo.

MarcS
02-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't have sound on these college computers, so could someone give me a run-down?

Did the cop get on his shit for blocking traffic then arrest him when he refused to move the truck?

As an EMS worker, i would consider that absolutely inappropriate actions by the officer and wouldn't simply seek civil damages, but in my state, would have had the officer criminally charged with violation of PA 18 § 5112. "Obstructing emergency services"

It's only a misdemeanor 3, but hopefully enough to keep him from working in LE.

Laughingcow
02-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I don't have sound on these college computers, so could someone give me a run-down?

Did the cop get on his shit for blocking traffic then arrest him when he refused to move the truck?

As an EMS worker, i would consider that absolutely inappropriate actions by the officer and wouldn't simply seek civil damages, but in my state, would have had the officer criminally charged with violation of PA 18 § 5112. "Obstructing emergency services"

It's only a misdemeanor 3, but hopefully enough to keep him from working in LE.

The fire capt. blocked the traffic on purpose to protect everyone on the scene when he told his man to disregard the officer and not to move the truck, the cop arrested him. That cop should be prosecuted and fired!!!!!!

tommyzDad
02-21-2008, 03:43 PM
The firefighters parked their pumper in that middle lane to create a barrier against any on-coming traffic. Well, Officer Donut--apparently a "veteran" cop--told the pumper driver to move. The fire service captain, the one in the white t-shirt who jumped out of the truck to rush to the aid of the accident vic, told the driver to stay put.....then you see him cuffed and taken away by Officer Donut.

The lawyer said: "...we wanted to represent this man in Federal court and prevail."

hairball
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Last I heard on this case, the cop has been fined $18,000 in a court judgement. Cop is going to have to pay for that bit of thuggery.

Who says the system doesn't always work?

New York For Paul
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Makes me think about how the official Ron Paul campaign treats the grassroots campaign.

satchelmcqueen
02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
My wife is an EMT and i think I remember right, but she says as an EMT/Paramedic, they can shut down traffic as they see fit reguardless of what any cop says.

satchelmcqueen
02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
My wife is an EMT and i think I remember right, but she says as an EMT/Paramedic, they can shut down traffic as they see fit reguardless of what any cop says.

yep, just showed the wife this. She says the cop is screwed. on 2 counts possible one being the fire dept jurisdiction and 2 the patient care...