PDA

View Full Version : McCain: This was timed for the Dems

limequat
02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
This election has been planned to go to the dems. The CFR owns ALL the candidates, to be sure, but this is supposed to go to the dems.

Let's take a step back here: 70% of america is against the war, everybody hates bush, and the economy is in the crapper.

Who does the media push for Republican nominee?
McCain. Pro-war. 100 years if necessary. Doesn't know crap about the economy. Liberal as they come. Old, in bad shape. Ugly.
They KNOW and EXPECT that McCain will get creamed in the general election.

Now is the time to start smearing him. He has the nomination locked up, it's time to start pushing the dems, right?

But wait...
They bought their own bullshit about the nomination. It's not locked up.
I think they just screwed up.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually, The New Republic threw the spanner in the works. If the Times hadn't moved when they did, they'd have been scooped. Nonetheless, the media and more are still pushing the idea that McCain is inevitable even though he clearly doesn't have the delegates sewn up.

They think Republican primary voters are ignorant and stupid. I think we need to educate them to make sure they aren't ignorant.

Beat McCain like a marching drum!

abe447
02-21-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8617.html

Some conservatives like Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingrahm are siding with John McCain on this and agree that it was timed. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Every conservative hates the New York Times even if Bill Kristol writes for it now. This could help McCain more than it hurts.

wfd40
02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8617.html

Some conservatives like Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingrahm are siding with John McCain on this and agree that it was timed. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Every conservative hates the New York Times even if Bill Kristol writes for it now. This could help McCain more than it hurts.

Timed for what though?? This really couldn't have been released at a more totally inconsequential moment.

He's got the nom wrapped up, big states with a ton of sheep are coming up who will still vote for him regardless (re: Texas) and by the time the general starts, this will all be old news...

So what the fuck are they complaining about with the timing...? If this had been released when it was ready to go (just before NH) McCain would be a fucking sitting with Tancredo right now having cocktails..

abe447
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Timed for what though?? This really couldn't have been released at a more totally inconsequential moment.

He's got the nom wrapped up, big states with a ton of sheep are coming up who will still vote for him regardless (re: Texas) and by the time the general starts, this will all be old news...

So what the fuck are they complaining about with the timing...? If this had been released when it was ready to go (just before NH) McCain would be a fucking sitting with Tancredo right now having cocktails..

They should have waited closer to the general, but I think The New Republic or someone else was going to break it first and the NY Times didn't want that. I know he has the nomination wrapped up, but many other naive people here don't believe that. He'll still win Texas and Ohio easily on March 4th which will probably force Huckabee out. Religious conservatives turned off by this were voting for Huckabee anyway.

Most of the rest of the conservatives are rallying behind him vs. The New York Times. They may be complaining about timing because they wanted him gone earlier, or because he was just starting to attack Obama for the left wing liberal that he is and now this comes up.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
While I'll generally be the first to admit that many G.O.P. primary voters leave a lot to be desired, I really think that a lot of people here are underestimating them. I think it's not only possible for them to see that this guy's not electable, it's happening.