PDA

View Full Version : OK....I'm sick and tired.

BLS
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
While I'll fully admit I am NOT Ron Paul or his campaign...

I am sick and tired:

Of you who think his HQ should do more.
Of you who think his message sucks.
Of you who think his speech's are no good.
Of you who think he shouldn't say this
Of you who think he shouldn't say that.
Of you who think he should do this...
Of you who think he should do that...

Whatever.

If you wanna be a f'ing crybaby, go cry.
In my opinion you people don't have a f'in clue what is at stake.
Stop f'ing whining.
Stop being a crybaby.
Get the f out of the way.
You're more trouble than you're worth.

And if you think by chance that this post is directed at you..
It probably is.

We'll do it with, or without you.

I'm so Freaking tired of you goddamn crybaby, whiney ass bitches.

SHUT THE F UP ALREADY.

We don't need you. Go on to your 9/11 conspiracy theories, go on to your uber supreme theories of how RP should run his campaign. Whatever.

I don't have the time or patience to deal with you.
Get the hell out of my way. I have an agenda.....one that's strictly garnered at getting RP elected.

If you're not part of the solution....well...you know the rest.

I'm tired......tired of the BS.

Shut up or move on. I personally don't need you're faux support.

I know this...I will do EVERYTHING in my power to get RP elected and save our Country. Ask yourself this...regardless of how mad you might be at me....

Are your intentions true?

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I'll have to go pour myself a drink and toast you.

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Good post BLS.

Spirit of '76
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Now tell us how you really feel.

slantedview
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I think this is a bit harsh.

While I'm tired of people complaining about the campaign or speeches or ads or whatever, you have to at least recognize where such comments (usually) come from. People who make these comments (usually) want to see Dr. Paul elected just the same as you, they simply are not satisfied that the way things currently are going will get him there. Fair enough.

While it sucks listening to a lot of this sort of talk, a decent amount of self-examination is always healthy.

Edit: That said, I wouldn't mind seeing less of these sorts of comments.

michaelwise
08-14-2007, 09:24 PM
I like the way you vent, BLS.

disinter
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Umm, wasn't this post a bit hypocritical? Just saying...

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Heeeyyyy. I think we're all getting a bit testy in here. We need more sleep and to take better care of ourselves. I'm the first to admit I'm getting to bed way late, not eating right, have been skipping exercise because it takes time away from Ron Paul, etc. But look at us. We're fighting over trivial things, and this will end up hurting Ron Paul.

Go to bed. Now. All of you. I am. Good night.

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Good night Scrib.

McDermit
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Good post. People are getting distracted by way too much nonsense.

ButchHowdy
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Now you know what has happened since the 1st century church and why new religious prison camps are formed daily!

Ron Paul Fan
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Good post. I and a few others have been fighting the trolls all day to stop the straw poll rigged consipiracy theory. I hate to say it, but the forum has lost its way. We need to get back to practicing what Ron Paul preaches and that's a forum policy of non-intervention. We need to think to ourselves, What Would Ron Paul Do? WWRPD? That is the answer to all of our problems. Let the trolls do what they do and report them to the mods using the report post feature. The mods will do what they see fit and it'll take care of itself. No need to add fuel to their fire.

BLS
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I think this is a bit harsh.

While I'm tired of people complaining about the campaign or speeches or ads or whatever, you have to at least recognize where such comments (usually) come from. People who make these comments (usually) want to see Dr. Paul elected just the same as you, they simply are not satisfied that the way things currently are going will get him there. Fair enough.

While it sucks listening to a lot of this sort of talk, a decent amount of self-examination is always healthy.

Edit: That said, I wouldn't mind seeing less of these sorts of comments.

I'm not going to write what I REALLY want to write....so remember that.

I realize you're more levelheaded than I...and that is always admirable.

That being said....I don't care...I'm tired of post after post after post of FUCKING WHINING.

I'm SICK of it.

Am I non PC??...you're GOD DAMN RIGHT. I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks.
I'm tired of the complainers.

I was IN IOWA....how many here bitch and fucking complain that RP's speech was wrong, or that HQ isn't spending enough $$...blah, blah fucking blah.

I'm a TERRIBLE spokesman for RP. I'm surely NOT PC.
I will never win a debate because I'm fed up. And when I get mad, people ignore me. I know that and I still don't care.

I'm just tired.....I've put so much work into this campaign and we haven't even really begun yet, and we get people with 4 posts to their name saying we're doing it wrong, and he's doing it wrong, and he should've done this, or shouldn't have done that...

I have an Idea....Go fuck yourself if you don't like....be a Mitt supporter then you fucking dickheads. WE don't need you.

(and yes, I'm REALLY saying what I feel.) :D

GOD DAMN AM I PISSED OFF.

mavtek
08-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Calm down! We need everyone on the same page, and Dr. Paul needs everyone's vote.

Even the crybabies!

disinter
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Good post. I and a few others have been fighting the trolls all day to stop the straw poll rigged consipiracy theory.

I hate to say it, but if more than one of you deniers thinks it is a conspiracy theory, then you are in fact conspiracy theorists yourself.

Razmear
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
We'll do it with, or without you.

I'm so FUCKING tired of you goddamn crybaby, whiney ass bitches.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

BLS,
With all due respect, Go Fuck Yourself!

Take your childish rants elsewhere, we've all been busting our ass to get RP elected, and I don't recall you being elected top turd.

How do you possibly think that this rant you just made helps the campaign?
Do you think we shouldn't make suggestions on how to do things better? Do you think there is not room for improvement? Do you want to stay at 2% forever?

I want to win this damn election, and if you don't like reading suggestions on how to improve the campaign, then go for a walk and stop your bitching.

A Completely Pissed,
eb

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
All I know BLS is I would rather have you with me than against me.

BLS
08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Calm down! We need everyone on the same page, and Dr. Paul needs everyone's vote.

Even the crybabies!

Yes, I AGREE...

But I am so freaking tired of the complaining from posters who have done exactly SHIT.

They bitch, they whine, they moan but when confronted about what they have done, it almost always ends up being 'nothing'.

I know we need every vote. But since Saturday it's been post after post after post about how the polls were rigged, or how RP's speech wasn't good enough, or how we arent' doing enough, or how RP HQ didn't spend enough in Iowa....

FUCKING A people...it's OVER....nothing you do or say is going to change ANYTHING. Grow up, move on and move forward. Stop freaking WHINING....GRRRRRRRR....

Every freaking time I come on here since Saturday it's bitch about this and bitch about that...please SHUT THE F UP.....

Kuldebar
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
BLS, STOP MAKING SENSE!

Discussion is good, but I really don't need to hear about how "Paul is a liar" or how "he is misleading us" or why he needs to "do what all the other candidates do" in order to win.

Let's see if we can win without selling our souls in the process, anything less is defeat.

aravoth
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
:eek:

michaelwise
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
You will never see me posting on those whinny crybaby threads. My intellectual skills to identify their true value, which is zilch, is too powerful, to compel me to go there.

disinter
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
You will never see me posting on those whinny crybaby threads.

You mean like this one?

BLS
08-14-2007, 09:47 PM
BLS,

Take your childish rants elsewhere, we've all been busting our ass to get RP elected, and I don't recall you being elected top turd.

Do you think we shouldn't make suggestions on how to do things better? Do you think there is not room for improvement? Do you want to stay at 2% forever?

I want to win this damn election, and if you don't like reading suggestions on how to improve the campaign, then go for a walk and stop your bitching.

A Completely Pissed,
eb

OK.....well I didn't expect this.

Raz, you and I have worked together on a couple of projects, so this is WAY out of line.

Never did I point any of this at you. I would think you understand that I know you have true intentions. You have proven that. I have proven my merit by donating money on my credit card.....not to mention to someone I have never met.
But in my heart of hearts, I trusted you...because I can tell you are legitmate and your heart is in the right place. That being said...I STILL trust you.

But don't tell me to fuck off, and then say it's with all due respect. That's a bit of a contradiction.

For you to fire back is not expected, but I'm doing my best to keep a level head, because even though we've never met each other, I feel a bond to ALL of those who have given deep down to our goal.

I'm trying to diffuse any rift between you and I because, like I said I know you're heart is real. And hey, I've had my share of complaints about how things have gone with the campaign...and maybe I am getting too hot right now.

But my point is...and I will NOT back down from it....is there are alot of people here that have shown no involvement who feel they have the right to say we are doing things wrong, and I'm fed up...and I will NOT back down from that statement.

If you don't agree, that's your prerogative, and I will respect it.
But I won't agree.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-14-2007, 09:49 PM

PatriotOne
08-14-2007, 09:49 PM
BLS,

A Completely Pissed,
eb

What Razmear said.

Your post is obnoxious BLS.

PatriotOne
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Now that BLS has had his little hissy fit, I suggest this thread be deleted or sent to the Hot Topic's forum.

disinter
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
OK.....well I didn't expect this.

Raz, you and I have worked together on a couple of projects, so this is WAY out of line.

Yes, how DARE you go off on a childish rant on someone that has just gone off on a childish rant!

nullvalu
08-14-2007, 09:53 PM
BLS !!!! I think YOU should be writing Common Sense 2.0! Take that frustration and VENT on something useful... That type of writing and emotion is exactly what a CS2 needs..

Razmear
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
BLS,
I too have pointed out things that could have been done better by RP in his speech, your rant came off as being against anyone who suggests things could be done better. We all know things can be done better, and discouraging suggestions that can improve the campaign isn't a good idea.
Sure we may have to wade thru a bunch of crap to get that one good idea, but I think it's worth the walk.
And btw, if I didn't respect you, I wouldn't have put "with all due respect", I haven't been reading the forum much today, so I'm not sure what set you off, but if your getting upset enough to write the tirade you just posted, then it might be time to step back from the computer, drink a beer, smoke a bowl or take a valium, whichever you prefer, and not let the bastards grind you down.
I know your rant was not targeted towards me personally, but I still took offense at it, and I'm sure many others who have nothing but the best intentions did as well.

eb

McDermit
08-14-2007, 09:58 PM
:rolleyes:

BLS
08-14-2007, 10:00 PM
BLS !!!! I think YOU should be writing Common Sense 2.0! Take that frustration and VENT on something useful... That type of writing and emotion is exactly what a CS2 needs..

OK....here is what I have a issue with.

Suggestive, provacative, positive posts have SEEMINGLY gone ignored lately.
56 views, and 4 replies, but yet those who post "Dr. Paul's speech should have said this, etc, etc" get 4 pages of threads.

How is this positive? How is it productive?

I apologize....but it's getting on my nerves. I just don't get why more people are not mad about it.

It APPEARS...that we are more interested in argument than in positive movement.

American
08-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Right on Brother, never truer words spoken. I have elected not to post in allot of thread because they have nothing to do with putting RP in the white house and winning the primaries.

I think its important to have a common ground, I joined this revolution to get RP elected. Some shit I see on here is being PC and personal conjecture. I dont get it, we can be the rightest mofo's on the planet but that wont help RP get to the white house.

note: you should be on CC (Clubchopper) and spread the RP word. I've been there for some time now. The lounge....

michaelwise
08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I have an idea. If you have a problem with a campaign speech, ie. not being polished enough for you, or a fopa by HQ, why don't you just send HQ an e-mail expressing your concerns, and leave it at that.

bygone
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
There is no point in beating a dead horse.

BLS
08-14-2007, 10:10 PM

I have.....but apparently the hot topics are what we are doing wrong or what the HQ is doing wrong.

Not what I have offered as a positive suggestion on how to progress. But those trheads last about 10 minutes, while the negative ones last for days.

So forgive me for standing up for what I believe in...that concept apparently is way out of line

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12245

131 views...and 6 freaking replies. It's not that it's MY post....it's that it IS a positive suggestion, it does have merit. If it's a stupid idea, I'd love to hear it...and I blatantly asked for that...

But no, we'd all rather bitch about something for hours on end than try to find a positive solution..

So yes...it does piss me off.

Original_Intent
08-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I didn't take it as being against anyone who says things could be done better.

I took it as being against people that are nothing BUT pissers and moaners. People that criticise various things about Ron Paul that are actually things that MANY of us love about him!

Such as:

People who say that he does things in his speeches that "he really needs to get some handlers to help him get rid of that habit" or similar.

To me those are the things that tell me that he is unique, that he is not just repackaged bullshit but the real deal.

Example 2: That he speaks too much about things that bore people, or that he won't resort to attacks, or 100 other things.

Frankly, I would like to see RP "press the advantage" especially when he is given great openings to do so at the debates, but the bottom line is:

THOSE ARE RON PAUL'S call to a make! And more often than not when he has said somethig that has made me roll my eyes and say "Well, THERE GOES THE CAMPAIGN, RIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER!" Guess what? In almost EVERY case where I ahd a moment of doubt - it ends up playing in Ron Paul's favor!

Anyway, enough. I totally support what BLS said, if not 100% the way he said it. But that's just a personality thing, let's not let personality things tear us apart. And BLS is pointing toward a serious trolling problem that I have noticed since the Iowa straw poll, I think his concern is legit, and as he stated, his comments are not directed at people whose heart is in the right place! But there ar a few that I do NOT feel that their heart is in the right place they are just egotistical Monday morning quarterbacks that want to show everyone how smart they are, how much better theyw ould do things if they were in charge, etc etc. In regards to those people, I agree completely with BLS.

lloydian
08-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I have posted very little on this forum. I have however read many many posts on this forum for months. Bls post and this thread is worth responding to.

I am a self employed, self taught stock trader/investor who has been studying economics, history, and the stock mkts hard core for ~ 10 years. I have been an admirer of and follower of Dr. Paul 7 or 8 years.

When I found out he was going to run for president earlier this year i was stunned. I (and likely many others) had dreamed of such but not expected it.

Just today as I was reading matters on the Ron Paul forums for the first time it hit me that the forum was starting to "lose its way". No doubt some of this is due to the increase in both the forum's and Dr Pauls rising popularity.

It seems that there is a definite increase in trolls and readers/participaters are getting sucked into lengthy discussions on topics that have no direct effect on accomplishing the goals of securing the presidency.

I would ask all serious participaters here to check themnselves when they start getting drawn into lengthy thread discussions that in my opinion are at times initiated for no other purpose than to divide and conquer or distract focus and mental energy from getting the man elected.

As far as the progress of getting Dr Paul elected. I would call it excellent. However,
there is no time or room for resting on ones laurels.

The facts are that within a short period of time (weeks if not months) Paul has gone from less than 1% in national polling to what will likely be 3 to 6% in the coming weeks. That is massive progress!! This augmented by the pricing on Intrade which shows an explosive chart pattern with an ascending triangle breakout near 3% which is already over 5%. This breakout started just last week.

A far as the IOWA straw poll is concerned I am quite surprised at the negative reactions from Paul fans. Amazed actually. What an impressive showing!! Expectations /claims by mainstream and GOP pundits ranged from 0% to 3%. Well guess what we got 9%. Wow! The folks talking of winning this or placing in the top two were being completely unrealistic.

My estimations going in were that our real support nationwide was somwehere between the online (skewed) results of say 25% and the MSM reports of 2%. I had guessed (although not shared on the forum) that we would likely secure 1000to 1500 votes with a resulting 7 or 8% final tally. We exceeded my expectations there as well as the show of support for the Dr as well.

This campaign is exploding in growth PERIOD! There is no time however for wasted time and mental energy explorign in detail topics that are not relevant nr contributory to moving the campaign forward towards the goal of winning.

A this point in time we must persevere onwards. Everyone contribute in areas that they are well suited for. For some such as myself, $ is likely one of the best contributions I can make as I have more $ than time. $ is the one saving grace for this campaign. Dr Paul is not going anywhere as long as he "feels"our support behind him. Why? Because he isn't likley to run out of $ like many of his competitors. I believe many of his supporters will contribute everyting they can even if they have to trim some of ther basic necessities. "We" will not allow him to run out of $. Think about that for a moment. That can't be said for any other candidates grassroots supporters. That coupled with the prudence of Dr Paul will ensure his survival well into the latter part of the year at a minimum.

This is an extremely important point. Why? Because his main problem is lack of notoriety. What happens to his notoriety as other platforms fall by the wayside. Correct, greatly increased notoriety which is NUMBER 1 right now in terms of objectives.

His campaign played Iowa brilliantly. Yes brilliantly. Huge bang for the buck was what was accomplished. His competitors have completely hung themselves out. If they (ex Giuliani and somewhat Romney) do not get a significant pickup in donations quickly there are screwed. Not Dr Paul, they managed to keep most of their warchest and accomplish the gargantuan task of "proving" that he is a viable candidate. Of course the MSM is reluctant to acknowledge this. However, it does not lessen the reality of the matter.

Please do not be down form Ames, it was a major victory.

Best
Lloydian

BLS
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM

I took it as being against people that are nothing BUT pissers and moaners. People that criticise various things about Ron Paul that are actually things that MANY of us love about him!

Such as:

People who say that he does things in his speeches that "he really needs to get some handlers to help him get rid of that habit" or similar.

To me those are the things that tell me that he is unique, that he is not just repackaged bullshit but the real deal.

Example 2: That he speaks too much about things that bore people, or that he won't resort to attacks, or 100 other things.

Frankly, I would like to see RP "press the advantage" especially when he is given great openings to do so at the debates, but the bottom line is:

THOSE ARE RON PAUL'S call to a make! And more often than not when he has said somethig that has made me roll my eyes and say "Well, THERE GOES THE CAMPAIGN, RIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER!" Guess what? In almost EVERY case where I ahd a moment of doubt - it ends up playing in Ron Paul's favor!

Anyway, enough. I totally support what BLS said, if not 100% the way he said it. But that's just a personality thing, let's not let personality things tear us apart. And BLS is pointing toward a serious trolling problem that I have noticed since the Iowa straw poll, I think his concern is legit, and as he stated, his comments are not directed at people whose heart is in the right place! But there ar a few that I do NOT feel that their heart is in the right place they are just egotistical Monday morning quarterbacks that want to show everyone how smart they are, how much better theyw ould do things if they were in charge, etc etc. In regards to those people, I agree completely with BLS.

Thank you. And I'll fully admit that you are MUCH better at speaking what I was trying to say than I ever could. That's all I can say.

BLS
08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I have posted very little on this forum. I have however read many many posts on this forum for months. Bls post and this thread is worth responding to.

I am a self employed, self taught stock trader/investor who has been studying economics, history, and the stock mkts hard core for ~ 10 years. I have been an admirer of and follower of Dr. Paul 7 or 8 years.

When I found out he was going to run for president earlier this year i was stunned. I (and likely many others) had dreamed of such but not expected it.

Just today as I was reading matters on the Ron Paul forums for the first time it hit me that the forum was starting to "lose its way". No doubt some of this is due to the increase in both the forum's and Dr Pauls rising popularity.

It seems that there is a definite increase in trolls and readers/participaters are getting sucked into lengthy discussions on topics that have no direct effect on accomplishing the goals of securing the presidency.

I would ask all serious participaters here to check themnselves when they start getting drawn into lengthy thread discussions that in my opinion are at times initiated for no other purpose than to divide and conquer or distract focus and mental energy from getting the man elected.

As far as the progress of getting Dr Paul elected. I would call it excellent. However,

The facts are that within a short period of time (weeks if not months) Paul has gone from less than 1% in national polling to what will likely be 3 to 6% in the coming weeks. That is massive progress!! This augmented by the pricing on Intrade which shows an explosive chart pattern with an ascending triangle breakout near 3% which is already over 5%. This breakout started just last week.

A far as the IOWA straw poll is concerned I am quite surprised at the negative reactions from Paul fans. Amazed actually. What an impressive showing!! Expectations /claims by mainstream and GOP pundits ranged from 0% to 3%. Well guess what we got 9%. Wow! The folks talking of winning this or placing in the top two were being completely unrealistic.

My estimations going in were that our real support nationwide was somwehere between the online (skewed) results of say 25% and the MSM reports of 2%. I had guessed (although not shared on the forum) that we would likely secure 1000to 1500 votes with a resulting 7 or 8% final tally. We exceeded my expectations there as well as the show of support for the Dr as well.

This campaign is exploding in growth PERIOD! There is no time however for wasted time and mental energy explorign in detail topics that are not relevant nr contributory to moving the campaign forward towards the goal of winning.

A this point in time we must persevere onwards. Everyone contribute in areas that they are well suited for. For some such as myself, $ is likely one of the best contributions I can make as I have more $ than time. $ is the one saving grace for this campaign. Dr Paul is not going anywhere as long as he "feels"our support behind him. Why? Because he isn't likley to run out of $ like many of his competitors. I believe many of his supporters will contribute everyting they can even if they have to trim some of ther basic necessities. "We" will not allow him to run out of $. Think about that for a moment. That can't be said for any other candidates grassroots supporters. That coupled with the prudence of Dr Paul will ensure his survival well into the latter part of the year at a minimum.

This is an extremely important point. Why? Because his main problem is lack of notoriety. What happens to his notoriety as other platforms fall by the wayside. Correct, greatly increased notoriety which is NUMBER 1 right now in terms of objectives.

His campaign played Iowa brilliantly. Yes brilliantly. Huge bang for the buck was what was accomplished. His competitors have completely hung themselves out. If they (ex Giuliani and somewhat Romney) do not get a significant pickup in donations quickly there are screwed. Not Dr Paul, they managed to keep most of their warchest and accomplish the gargantuan task of "proving" that he is a viable candidate. Of course the MSM is reluctant to acknowledge this. However, it does not lessen the reality of the matter.

Best
Lloydian

Just when I thought no one could say it better...you did.
I am a failure when it comes to this stuff. Yes, I vented, and I truly apologize to any true RP supporter I offended. That was NOT my intention, but I can see how it can be taken as such.

American
08-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Best
Lloydian

Thank you, I'm going to delegate all of my speech writing to you. Thats what I meant to say, but with less words....:)

BLS
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
BLS,
I too have pointed out things that could have been done better by RP in his speech, your rant came off as being against anyone who suggests things could be done better. We all know things can be done better, and discouraging suggestions that can improve the campaign isn't a good idea.
Sure we may have to wade thru a bunch of crap to get that one good idea, but I think it's worth the walk.
And btw, if I didn't respect you, I wouldn't have put "with all due respect", I haven't been reading the forum much today, so I'm not sure what set you off, but if your getting upset enough to write the tirade you just posted, then it might be time to step back from the computer, drink a beer, smoke a bowl or take a valium, whichever you prefer, and not let the bastards grind you down.
I know your rant was not targeted towards me personally, but I still took offense at it, and I'm sure many others who have nothing but the best intentions did as well.

eb

I have too...In the past I have ignorantly voiced my opinion about how the campaign is doing things wrong. I think it's fair to give everyone a 2nd chance though, as I'd be a hypocrite to think otherwise.

I'm sorry everyone....I'm just fed up with the negativity.

At times, I'm convinced (and I'm not a conspiracy theorist) that we are being played by 'outsiders' and their goal is to do exactly what I'm guilty of......

Partaking in infighting. I wear my emotions on my sleeve, and I get riled up very easily.

But nobody here can question my true motivations. I am RP all the way.
But they CAN question my methods....I'll fully admit I'm not very good at this stuff.

Kuldebar
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Seriously, why can't we all just love each other like the Hilary and Giuliani supporters do?

Kumbaya

michaelwise
08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I have.....but apparently the hot topics are what we are doing wrong or what the HQ is doing wrong.

Not what I have offered as a positive suggestion on how to progress. But those trheads last about 10 minutes, while the negative ones last for days.

So forgive me for standing up for what I believe in...that concept apparently is way out of line

131 views...and 6 freaking replies. It's not that it's MY post....it's that it IS a positive suggestion, it does have merit. If it's a stupid idea, I'd love to hear it...and I blatantly asked for that...

But no, we'd all rather bitch about something for hours on end than try to find a positive solution..

So yes...it does piss me off. I agree, we spend too much time here talking about bull shit that has very little value in promoting our agenda. I think a little humor in our threads would go a long way at boosting our spirits as well. A lot more gloating about our online dominance would be a nice read from time to time.

And then there is this. I don't know if you noticed, but I like to stir the pot of our enemies some times. I posted a thread a couple days ago where it could have gotten a decent refreshing debate going, but it soon got relegated to a lesser occupied part of this forum. I think the subject is relevant to who we are becoming as a powerful group, but the subject just got buried. Why is that, and could a subject like this be voted to stay here, where the action is.

Here's the thread I'm referring to.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12159

American
Seriously, why can't we all just love each other like the Hilary and Giuliani supporters do?

Kumbaya

Oh no you Di'nt just say that......lol

jorger
"can't we all just get along..."

=)

seriously, we all have/or will get frustrated along the way, but we are in it for the long haul... Like Dr Paul said earlier this week. We got to be like the tortoise and continue to march along...

Spirit of '76
08-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Lloydian,

Great post. I too have felt the frustration that BLS expresses here, and I also share your amazement at the negativity that people have shown over the Iowa straw poll.

You mention contributing to Ron Paul's campaign as we are able. In your case, you tell us, that involves primarily financial contributions. I'm not exactly rolling in the money, myself, but I think I have a minor talent for writing, and so my main means of contributing to the campaign is through the medium of the written word.

BLS also mentioned his frustration at the lack of response to threads suggesting positive efforts that could be made. To relate this to my primary means of contributing -- writing -- as soon as the board came up yesterday, I started a thread encouraging people to digg an article I wrote which frames Ron Paul's performance in Iowa as a success (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/High_Fructose_Hijinx_n_Sugardaddy_Romney_and_the_I owa_Straw_Poll). Digging the article would have pushed it up in the google news index, and if it had received the same digg response as my other Ron Paul articles it likely would have been near the top of google news articles about the Iowa straw poll.

I was amazed at the lack of response to this particular article, though. It seemed that no one was interested in helping to promote the idea that our performance in Iowa was a success. Out of 445 thread views, there were less than 15 replies that were not my own, and only 42 diggs. It seemed everyone was more interested in whining about vote fraud and criticizing Dr. Paul's speech than in framing our performance as a victory and moving on. I eventually removed the link to the article entirely when I was harshly criticized by a respected member of this board for bumping the thread multiple times.

Anyway, my point is that there is much frustration all around at this point, no matter whether one views Iowa as a success, a failure, or a stolen opportunity. Iowa has been a turning point in a number of ways, but we need to learn what we can from it and move on. It is now part of history, and we have many battles ahead. All of us who feel frustration about the course of this campaign, no matter the cause, must rise above it and always remember the goal:

Restore the Republic.

bygone
08-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Kumbaya

LOL.

http://ninjamonkeys.co.za/media/in_love_016.jpg

BLS
08-14-2007, 10:45 PM
I fully realize I should probably shutup now and go to bed.

Good night my fellow RP supporters.

Revolution9
08-14-2007, 10:49 PM

So yes...it does piss me off.

I read it and awaited someone with nowledge and a reference to see f what you proposed was legal as far as the rules went. I would suggest bumping it up the board as they travel down rapidly. It sounds like a good idea. If a rock concert can throw a benefit then why not a computer repair symposium thingee..

Thanks for your continuing efforts. Every last one of you that has taken time out of their regularly scheduled existence/life/phantasmagoria to assist.

Best Regards
Randy

Spirit of '76
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I fully realize I should probably shutup now and go to bed.

Me too. :)

Good night my fellow RP supporters.

G'night, friend.

robatsu
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Lloydian,

BLS also mentioned his frustration at the lack of response to threads suggesting positive efforts that could be made. To relate this to my primary means of contributing -- writing -- as soon as the board came up yesterday, I started a thread encouraging people to digg an article I wrote which frames Ron Paul's performance in Iowa as a success (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/High_Fructose_Hijinx_n_Sugardaddy_Romney_and_the_I owa_Straw_Poll). Digging the article would have pushed it up in the google news index, and if it had received the same digg response as my other Ron Paul articles it likely would have been near the top of google news articles about the Iowa straw poll.

I was amazed at the lack of response to this particular article, though. It seemed that no one was interested in helping to promote the idea that our performance in Iowa was a success. Out of 445 thread views, there were less than 15 replies that were not my own, and only 42 diggs. It seemed everyone was more interested in whining about vote fraud and criticizing Dr. Paul's speech than in framing our performance as a victory and moving on. I eventually removed the link to the article entirely when I was harshly criticized by a respected member of this board for bumping the thread multiple times.

Dugg

DjLoTi
08-14-2007, 11:01 PM
It seems as though your post had a positive effect, though I'd simply request that the language be touched down a little bit. That's all.

Roxi
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Such as:

i agree. look at all the people who complained about the debates. and then the words "just come home" is what got spread all over the country

and as for the straw poll.. mitt romney bought A LOT of tickets, and only got 4,000 votes, RP bought very few tickets and got twice as many votes as he bought tickets for... this is a victory

lloydian
08-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I appreciate the responses. Everyone keep their heads high, their demeanor stable, and talk softly while carrying a big stick.

Always remember, "what would Ron Paul do."

That is a wonderful guideline when fighting the battles we face now and the more difficult battles to come as this Revolution gains momentum and force.

lloydian

BenIsForRon
08-15-2007, 01:00 AM
I agree that we should stay positive and not fret too much over how good Ron Paul is at speaking. But we should also let people speak their minds. Ron Paul said himself that he should speak more forcefully for the cause of liberty. So constructive criticism isn't bad, but we shouldn't focus on it so much that it makes us lose interest in the campaign, though I'm not really worried about that happening.

Harry96
08-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Everyone's trying to help, but it is pretty stupid how many people (most of whom are probably amateurs without one second's paid experience on any campaign) lecture professionals about how they "should" do this or "shouldn't" do that. I have every confidence that Dr. Paul knows what he's doing -- including in who he's hired to work for him.

Spirit of '76
08-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Dugg

:eek: Thanks. :D

Nefertiti
08-15-2007, 06:44 AM
I think everyone should go do some offline campaigning and then come back with a new perspective. I think it will do us all some good.

angelatc
08-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Yes, how DARE you go off on a childish rant on someone that has just gone off on a childish rant!

Where I come from, your friends have not only the right but the duty to tell you if you're being a goof.

constituent
08-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Harry96

but it is pretty stupid how many people (most of whom are probably amateurs without one second's paid experience on any campaign) lecture professionals about how they "should" do this or "shouldn't" do that.

while i agree almost completely with what you say... that's really an asinine, elitist way of saying it.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Well, I actually kinda liked BLS' rant. It may have been intense, but I found it rather refreshing. :D But, then again, I'm from Texas.

His heart was in the right place. We all know that and I think we all know what he was talking about.

I hope everyone got a good night's sleep last night.

disinter
08-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Are you people still in here bitching about other people's bitching?

constituent
08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
hell yea! me and libertyeagle are king and queen bitch round these parts...

don't like it, knock us off the hill... good luck, we're from texas!

PatriotOne
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm sick and tired of the sick and tired thread. :cool:

aravoth
08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Libertarions.....

slantedview
08-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Ok, I hope everyone got that out of their systems.

In general I'd like to think of us as being a unifying force more that one that argues with each other. Let's try and stay unified :)

disinter
08-15-2007, 09:02 AM
don't like it, knock us off the hill... good luck, we're from texas!

So am I, and I prefer to keep the hill people on the hills.

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
alright! another texan....

is that storm coming for us or what? i hadn't heard about it until just now..

i'm sick and tired of the rain! but i love the floods.

disinter
08-15-2007, 09:04 AM
alright! another texan....

is that storm coming for us or what? i hadn't heard about it until just now..

i'm sick and tired of the rain! but i love the floods.

Storm? DFW here, no storm that I am aware of.

BLS
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I apologize for my 8th grade language use in last nights post.
I have cleaned it up a bit.

I went about it entirely the wrong way, and I apologize to anyone I offended with my venting. I still feel the same way, but I should have been more astute about it.

tmg19103
08-15-2007, 09:07 AM
It seems the "Ron Paul News & Discussion" has become a free-for-all.

What I question is, why is there not more activity in the "Strategies for Success" and "Campaign Material" sections? THE section that should have by far the most activity and posts, and NO discussion on Ron Paul himself is "Strategies for Success". "Strategies for Success" is where there should be over 6,000 threads as we see in "Ron Paul News & Discussion" as opposed to the 586 it currently has.

My suggestion - start posting strategy in "Strategies for Success" and put an additional post in the highly read "Ron Paul News & Discussion" to check out the new strategy posted in "Ron Paul News & Discussion" AND if anybody in "Strategies for Success" gets off topic, have an admin delete the post or move the thread to "Ron Paul News & Discussion".

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
ahh.. i'm in victoria... just got calls from northern dwelling branches of the family telling us to turn on the weather and head for "the hills... hehe" if it gets worse.

(not going to of course... the people and air quality in san antonio pose a greater threat than any weather)

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:09 AM
get busy tmg

tmg19103
08-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Another suggestion - the way the forum is laid out, "Take Action" should be at the top with "News and Discussion" below it.

If somebody wants to make me an admin, I will manage it.

lucius
08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I am the quiet type, grew up on hog farm up near the continental divide; lived all over, I am presently a Texican. Too much drama for me, I would rather that you suffered in silence…but your heart is most certainly in the right place. I got your 6.