PDA

View Full Version : Should We Support Widespread Ads Exposing McCain As a Known and Admitted Adulterer?

Mark
02-21-2008, 10:43 AM
McCain has admitted cheating on his first wife, who is crippled, with a rich young heiress.

Should we do an ad campaign making sure voters know this?

hillertexas
02-21-2008, 10:44 AM
yes

MsDoodahs
02-21-2008, 10:47 AM
No.

pinkmandy
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I think conservatives have a right to know the person they are voting for as President isn't conservative.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Pretty split so far.

I favor ads that emphasize Dr. Paul's family values and the lack of skeletons in his closet. Ads that blatantly call him electable and use his integrity as the reason why. In other words ads that slam McCain without even mentioning his name.

Is that a yes or a no?

Mark
02-21-2008, 11:00 AM
I think conservatives have a right to know the person they are voting for as President isn't conservative.

Exactly.

Why would the base that values family values support a man who is known to have cheated on his wife?

McCain has an admitted past of infidelity,

Conservatives will NEVER unite in supporting an adulterer.

We need to hit him and hit him HARD over this.

RollOn2day
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM
No.

we should spend any resources educating people on Ron Pauls message.

McCain doesn't need any help imploding. It is the only thing certain in this election. Why waste our money on it?

Banana
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
I like the idea of just presenting ad of how Ron is a solid family man. Voters will add 1 and 1 for themselves.

jason43
02-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Its irrelevent, he is going to lose the general anyway, and it makes us look bad within the party. Might as well go along and wave goodbye to the Titanic, then we can pick them up in the Ron Paul Revolution lifeboats when the ship sinks.

"Why did this happen?"

"Because you didn't listen to us when we tried to warn you about the iceburg."

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Brings whole new meaning to the claim, "Dr. Paul has earned a solid reputation for just saying no to lobbyists," doesn't it?

Mordan
02-21-2008, 11:14 AM
attack ads no. but i understand the logic. People are sheep and don't do research by themselves
pointing that mccain cheated on his wife in an argument yes.

pickdog
02-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes we should spread the word when we can...attack ads no...

Mark
02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Pretty split so far.

I favor ads that emphasize Dr. Paul's family values and the lack of skeletons in his closet. Ads that blatantly call him electable and use his integrity as the reason why. In other words ads that slam McCain without even mentioning his name.

Is that a yes or a no?

I think that's spot on.

There's NO need to bring Ron anywhere near this, but the voters need to KNOW the sort of man that McCain REALLY is.

He runs on being honest and principled.

He has a history of womanizing, he cheated on a crippled wife who had stood by him while he was away with a rich heiress who was 17 years younger than him.

That's COLD. He's a liar and a cheat. The man has NO heart.

SPmachina033
02-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Most Definitely

Mark
02-21-2008, 11:22 AM
No.

we should spend any resources educating people on Ron Pauls message.

McCain doesn't need any help imploding. It is the only thing certain in this election. Why waste our money on it?

We NEED to because Ron HASN'T lost yet.

If you'll notice, there is no nominee yet, and only 3 people left in the race.

We can educate people in the future about the message, but the iron's hot, and we need to strike while it is.

We can force McCain to drop out, and that will leave only Ron and Huck in the race.

blakjak
02-21-2008, 11:24 AM
No.

LibertyEagle
02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
The Vietnam Vets Against McCain are working on some ads. That is what I have chosen to support.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

Shink
02-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Absolutely. If we don't take every advantage or opportunity to make as many dents in McCain as we possibly can, we just allow ourselves to get steamrolled.

jason43
02-21-2008, 11:33 AM
McCain will never drop out. 2 reasons.

1. Ego. Nuff said.
2. The Media loves him right now... until the general election when they will distroy him to get a liberal in office.

Bern
02-21-2008, 11:33 AM
McCain's indiscretions with his first wife are well known and largely excused as a result of post-traumatic stress from his POW experience.

More important than focusing on the adultery angle is exposing him as a consumate opportunist and highlighting who his advisors are IMO.

Mark
02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
The Vietnam Vets Against McCain are working on some ads. That is what I have chosen to support.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

Right, and an easier URL to use to get to their site is: AgainstMcCain.com (http://AgainstMcCain.com)

But the best counterattacks use more than one front, they do their thing, and we can do ours.

It's not dishonest to promote truth, in fact, it's our duty.

This issue is no different than any other character issue, and the voters should be shown the truth about the candidates.

freelance
02-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Why don't we keep our hands clean and let affinity groups and outside PACs do the dirty work? That's a win/win.

jason43
02-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Why don't we keep our hands clean and let affinity groups and outside PACs do the dirty work? That's a win/win.

bingo.

we are trying to win the party over, not get blamed for its defeat. They need to blame their policies, not us trashing mccain from within the party we are trying to be a part of/turn around.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 11:56 AM
McCain's indiscretions with his first wife are well known and largely excused as a result of post-traumatic stress from his POW experience.

More important than focusing on the adultery angle is exposing him as a consumate opportunist and highlighting who his advisors are IMO.

No doubt he'll blame it all on PTSD. What part of the ADA says we have to elect a moron with post-traumatic stress?

Ladiliberty
02-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't see a problem with anyone personally supporting it... But to do anything of this nature in concert with Ron Paul is WRONG! I personally slam mac every chance I get in news media forums commentary etc...But never in concert with the RP campaign...I slam onbama too... If the media won't spread the facts then the people need to!

Mark
02-21-2008, 12:11 PM

How can we be sure other groups will let people know about it?

We don't have time to "wait and see" if anyone else picks up the ball and runs with it.

There are grassroots PACS ready to go that will address other issues as well to stay in compliance with FEC regs,
it isn't just about this issue, but others as well.

It's just that this issue "iron" is red hot right now, as hot as it will get, and this opportunity will only knock once.

We can stay "clean" by not being hateful and vindictive, and just speaking truth.

In fact, that's the only angle I would support.

Not personal attacks, "just the facts Ma'am" (or Sir)

Mark
02-21-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't see a problem with anyone personally supporting it... But to do anything of this nature in concert with Ron Paul is WRONG! I personally slam mac every chance I get in news media forums commentary etc...But never in concert with the RP campaign...I slam obama too... If the media won't spread the facts then the people need to!

Of course, that's agreed upon by all I would think. It's NOT about connecting Ron in any way, it's about letting voters know the truth about McCain.

The Truth sometimes hurts, and if McCain's behavior hurts his campaign,

then he should have thought about that before he cheated on a crippled wife with a young rich heiress.

It shows a lot about his judgment.

And do we want someone with such poor judgment anywhere near the nuclear button?

Mark
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
No doubt he'll blame it all on PTSD. What part of the ADA says we have to elect a moron with post-traumatic stress?

Which leads directly to his ability to be in control of the nuclear button as president.

There are laws being proposed to take the guns away from vets with PTSD.

It's a slam dunk to roll that into an argument that McCain having PTSD is a valid reason
to keep him FAR away from the ability to use nuclear weapons.

jason43
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Like it has been said above, feel free to do as you wish, just leave Ron Paul's (and the rest of the movements) name out of it.

I just don't want those of us who disagree with those tactics to be associated with them, Ron Paul included. It makes more bad press for us.

Mani
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Not only did he cheat on his crippled wife, then divorce her and re-marry his mistress within 60 days; his mistress's dad was wealthy and had political connections.

Finally the "in" John was looking for to get into politics. Good 'ol dad in law now gave him the political and financial connections to grab a senate seat he was so desperately looking for. What a guy that McCain, way to pick your mistress you conniving bastard.

Akus
02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
yes

Mark
02-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Not only did he cheat on his crippled wife, then divorce her and re-marry his mistress within 60 days; his mistress's dad was wealthy and had political connections.

Finally the "in" John was looking for to get into politics. Good 'ol dad in law now gave him the political and financial connections to grab a senate seat he was so desperately looking for. What a guy that McCain, way to pick your mistress you conniving bastard.

And the Vietnam Vets point out that McCain didn't accept the early release he was offered as a POW
because it would have ruined any chance he had as a politician.

McCain's been calculating from the get-go about the Presidency, he just can't keep his pants on when it comes to women.

DFF
02-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes and Yes.

Aside from coming sixth to last in his Naval class, crashing four jets (well three; one blew up 'accidentally' on an aircraft carrier killing over a 100 men) the schmuck has been an adulterer his entire life.

If you wanna win in politics, you've gotta get your hands dirty.

So again- Yes and Yes. :D

davidkachel
02-21-2008, 12:56 PM
McCain has admitted cheating on his first wife, who is a crippled, with a rich young heiress.

Should we do an ad campaign making sure voters know this?

No. We are better than this, or at least we should be. What goes on in someone's bedroom, as long as it does not involve a child or an unwilling participant (or cruelty to animals) is no one's business.

If we get down in the muck with the rest of the pigs, then we are no better than they, and have no reason to be here.

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
McCain's Divorce

Before John McCain's tour of duty in Vietnam, he married Carol Shepp, a model from Philadelphia.

On his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam in 1967, McCain was shot down and captured.While he was imprisoned,

Carol was in an auto wreck (1969), thrown through her car's windshield and left seriously injured.

Despite her injures, she refused to allow her POW husband to be notified about her condition,

fearing that such news would not be good for him while he was being held prisoner.

When McCain returned to the United States in 1973 after more than five years as a prisoner of war,

he found his wife was a different person.

The accident "left her 4 inches shorter and on crutches, and she had gained a good deal of weight."

Yearning to make the grade of admiral, McCain enrolled in the National War College at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C.
and underwent physical therapy in order to fly again.

The Navy excused his permanent disabilities and reinstated him to flight status, effectively positioning him for promotion.

In his book, The Nightingale's Song, Robert Timberg chronicled McCain's post-Vietnam military assignments

and some of his "adulterous" behavior leading to his divorce from Carol and marriage to Cindy Hensley.

Timberg wrote, "in the fall of 1974, McCain was transferred to Jacksonville as the
executive officer of Replacement Air Group 174, the long-sought flying billet at last a reality.

A few months later, he assumed command of the RAG, which trained pilots and crews for carrier deployments.

The assignment was controversial, some calling it favoritism,

a sop to the famous son of a famous father and grandfather [both were Navy admirals],

since he had not first commanded a squadron, the usual career path."

While Executive Officer and later as Squadron Commander McCain used his authority to arrange
frequent flights that allowed him to carouse with subordinates and "engage in extra-marital affairs."

Such behavior was a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice rules against adultery and fraternization with subordinates..

Timberg wrote, "Off duty, usually on routine cross-country flights to Yuma and El Centro,

John started carousing and running around with women.

To make matters worse, some of the women with whom he was linked by rumor were subordinates

At the time the rumors were so widespread that, true or not, they became part of McCain's persona, impossible not to take note of."

In early 1977, Admiral Jim Holloway, Chief of Naval Operations promoted McCain to captain
and transferred him from his command position "to Washington as the number-two man in the Navy's Senate liaison office.

It wasn't long before the "fun loving and irreverent" McCain had turned the liaison office into
a "late-afternoon gathering spot where senators and staffers, usually from the Armed Services
and Foreign Relations committees, would drop in for a drink and the chance to unwind."

In 1979 at a military reception in Honolulu, McCain met Cindy Hensley,

an attractive 25-year-old woman from a very wealthy politically-connected Arizona family.

Cindy's father, Jim, founded the Hensley and Company, the nation's third-largest Anheuser-Busch distributor.

McCain described their first meeting,

"She was lovely, intelligent and charming, 17 years my junior but poised and confident.

I monopolized her attention the entire time, taking care to prevent anyone else from intruding on our conversation.

When it came time to leave the party, I persuaded her to join me for drinks at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.

By the evening's end, I was in love."

While still married to Carol, McCain began an adulterous relationship with Cindy.

He married Cindy in May 1980 -- just a month after dumping Carol and securing a divorce.

The newlyweds honeymooned in Hawaii.

McCain followed his young, millionairess wife back to Arizona where her father helped catapult McCain into politics,

Today, Cindy Hensley McCain is chairwoman of Hensley's board of directors.

Hensley and Company financial reports show assets worth a minimum of $28 million for the McCains.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcaindiv.htm

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:04 PM
No. We are better than this, or at least we should be. What goes on in someone's bedroom, as long as it does not involve a child or an unwilling participant (or cruelty to animals) is no one's business.

If we get down in the muck with the rest of the pigs, then we are no better than they, and have no reason to be here.

Apparently we disagree that the Truth is the most important thing.

It's not "muck" to educate voters on the candidates.

McCain is what he is, and if the Truth is damaging to him, the people voting deserve to know it.

No one's saying to personally attack him, but just to let the voters know the TRUTH about him.

Mani
02-21-2008, 01:14 PM

McCain is what he is, and if the Truth is damaging to him, the people voting deserve to know it.

No one's saying to personally attack him, but just to let the voters know the TRUTH about him.

It's not about the affair, as much as it is to see his motives. The guy is a dirty sneaky bastard, and when you see his personal life it comes through.

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
It's not about the affair, as much as it is to see his motives.

The guy is a dirty sneaky bastard, and when you see his personal life it comes through.

You know how someone moves their head up and down to indicate "yes"?

A reporter asked him if he had an affair with the lobbyist, and his words said no, but his head moved "yes".

amy31416
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Absolutely we should support getting the truth out about a candidate, conservatives went nuts on Bill Clinton for getting a blow job and impeached him. . .now, there's a "conservative" candidate who cheated on his first wife many, many times with prostitutes and had a mistress.

Then he marries the mistress and has likely cheated on her. If it was that important to Republicans when it was Clinton, it should be even more important when it's their own candidate.

They wouldn't want to be hypocrites, would they?

davidkachel
02-21-2008, 01:23 PM

And how exactly is it that we acquired this monopoly on "the TRUTH"?
You are rationalizing reprehensible behavior. That is exactly how our country got into its current mess... public officials rationalizing their betrayal of the public trust.

Mani
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/specials/mccain/articles/0301mccainbio-chapter5.html

The early years. Funny, they call him a flip-flopper in the 80's. At least some things don't change.

davidkachel
02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Absolutely we should support getting the truth out about a candidate, conservatives went nuts on Bill Clinton for getting a blow job and impeached him. . .now, there's a "conservative" candidate who cheated on his first wife many, many times with prostitutes and had a mistress.

Then he marries the mistress and has likely cheated on her. If it was that important to Republicans when it was Clinton, it should be even more important when it's their own candidate.

It was wrong when they did it to Clinton and it is STILL wrong now that they are trying to do it to McCain.

WE must be better than the sleazy dirtbags who have seized control of our country. Don't you folks get it? The same kind of thinking that says it is OK to peer into someone's bedroom also says it is OK to listen in on our phone calls, pry into our financial affairs and torture anyone "suspected" of behavior we don't like.

If we can't take the high ground, we don't deserve any ground.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM

Amy, you made me choke on my coffee. No, they wouldn't want to be hypocrites, but they wouldn't let it stop them, either.

Whether you are trying to show the true colors of a candidate you know to be a blatant opportunist and a borderline psychopath or are just trying to teach that adulterer and liar a lesson for calling your man a kook, I say we let Dr. Paul stay above the fray and we dig our fingers down in our nice grass roots and we pick up lots of mud and we fling away.

And I have, too. After all, I don't spend my whole workday on this site.

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:40 PM
And how exactly is it that we acquired this monopoly on "the TRUTH"? You are rationalizing reprehensible behavior.
That is exactly how our country got into its current mess...
public officials rationalizing their betrayal of the public trust.

Quit twisting my words into something they never resembled in the first place.

A part of Truth is NOT a monopoly on it. Duh.

You're rationalizing keeping the voter's heads in the sand on a critical issue about a candidate's moral character.

Which IS exactly how we got into this mess.

Once people actually see the REAL John McCain, they'll make up their own minds, and we ALL can begin to get out of this mess.

To create a TRUE "public trust" we have to know WHO to trust. And McCain ain't it.

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
It was wrong when they did it to Clinton and it is STILL wrong now that they are trying to do it to McCain.

WE must be better than the sleazy dirtbags who have seized control of our country. Don't you folks get it? The same kind of thinking that says it is OK to peer into someone's bedroom also says it is OK to listen in on our phone calls, pry into our financial affairs and torture anyone "suspected" of behavior we don't like.

If we can't take the high ground, we don't deserve any ground.

And you believe the "high ground" is to ignore the truth?

And to assist in keeping truth hidden?

Again, it's NOT about WHAT he did, it's ABOUT his CHARACTER.

We're NOT "peering into his bedroom", we're showing him as the scum that he REALLY is.

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM

And it would be a good way to "cleanse" the Republican Party of the hypocrites that are in control now

by showing their hypocrisy in this matter if they continue to back McCain.

Banana
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd like to repeat the suggestion:

Just print ads about Paul being a solid family man. No need to mention McCain. Let the voters do the math.

filmmaker58
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Adulterer and gun grabber.

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

Mark
02-21-2008, 02:14 PM

Just print ads about Paul being a solid family man. No need to mention McCain. Let the voters do the math.

They have to know what data to include and their values in order to perform accurate calculations.

Banana
02-21-2008, 02:23 PM
The media is running away with the story. Can't imagine how an average Joe Sixpack not missing this watching his daily dose of MSM. Even if he happened to be mowing the lawn when it aired, he'll get a rehash of it later and wise up.

freelance
02-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Well, if people with PTSD can't own guns, then he SURE AS HELL shouldn't be allowed to play with nuclear toys.

freelance
02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
How can we be sure other groups will let people know about it?

We don't have time to "wait and see" if anyone else picks up the ball and runs with it.

There are grassroots PACS ready to go that will address other issues as well to stay in compliance with FEC regs,
it isn't just about this issue, but others as well.

It's just that this issue "iron" is red hot right now, as hot as it will get, and this opportunity will only knock once.

We can stay "clean" by not being hateful and vindictive, and just speaking truth.

In fact, that's the only angle I would support.

Not personal attacks, "just the facts Ma'am" (or Sir)

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. (BTW, no hard feelings about last summer!)

Anyway, I can't be certain, but I CAN be certain that the vets are furious about the MIA/POW situation, and while I understand that the base is more concerned with adultery than abandoning our soldiers, I think that the vets will do a sterling job of educating the most amount of people--best bang for the buck.

OTOH, I think that the whole situation with this consultant--IF it proves to be true-- is HUGE, as well. It won't take more than a few days to organize a PAC, fund it, and let 'er rip.

I hesitate to jump the gun until we are DEAD certain. No one, not even John McCain deserves to have this attributed to him or her, unless it's true. I suspect that we'll know in short order. If the NYT has the goods, we'll know in the next 24 hours, don't ya think?

Mark
02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. (BTW, no hard feelings about last summer!)

Anyway, I can't be certain, but I CAN be certain that the vets are furious about the MIA/POW situation, and while I understand that the base is more concerned with adultery than abandoning our soldiers, I think that the vets will do a sterling job of educating the most amount of people--best bang for the buck.

OTOH, I think that the whole situation with this consultant--IF it proves to be true-- is HUGE, as well. It won't take more than a few days to organize a PAC, fund it, and let 'er rip.

I hesitate to jump the gun until we are DEAD certain. No one, not even John McCain deserves to have this attributed to him or her, unless it's true. I suspect that we'll know in short order. If the NYT has the goods, we'll know in the next 24 hours, don't ya think?

Last summer? Forgotten.

I'm so furious about the POW's that I voted for Perot twice because I knew he'd get to the bottom of it.

In fact, I've bought the domains:

TrueJohn.com, TrueMcCain.com, McCainTruth.com, McCainTruthSquad.com, McCainsTruthSquad.com

just for that very reason.

The affair with his current wife is just more Truth to use.

And, a PAC is EASY to start.

You don't even have to report it to the FEC until you've received/spent $1000, and you have 10 days to report after that.

I've bought and hosted TruePAC.com (http://TruePAC.com) as well to use in general for various Truth revealing ads and efforts.

(links there now are from a grassroots conference call)

And a PayPal email to use: TheTruePAC@gmail.com

I'm loaded for bear and ready to fire Truth, today AND into the future, on EVERY true fact we can find that will help our Freedom Revolution.

Agreed, TODAY'S news story still needs details filled in,

but the fact that McCain's admitted about cheating on his crippled wife is already documented.

That detail's NOT being covered today, and we need to inform voters about McCain's admitted adulterous history.

Live Free or Die
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
While Executive Officer and later as Squadron Commander McCain used his authority to arrange frequent flights that allowed him to carouse with subordinates and "engage in extra-marital affairs."
[...]
Timberg wrote, "Off duty, usually on routine cross-country flights to Yuma and El Centro, John started carousing and running around with women.
[...]
While still married to Carol, McCain began an adulterous relationship with Cindy.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcaindiv.htm

Well! If this doesn't beg the nickname McChlamydia or McClap... Hell, add in McSyphilis- he exhibits plenty of the symptoms. :D

To answer the OP: Sure, I would support any existing group that has been working to bring to light any & all facts about John McClap, however distasteful and salacious they may be to the sensibilities of some people. (Perhaps those same people who decried Rep. Paul as a racist for not micro-managing his old newsletter when at least one writer was publishing derogatory comments under Rep. Paul's name?)

However, I would not support a group of Ron Paul supporters doing this. "Ron Paul supporters" are already being blamed for "creating" the Larry Sinclair/Obama oral sex & crack cocaine story. Actually, I've read it as coming from the "Ron Paul CAMPAIGN," and that is really unfortunate, as we all know Rep. Paul does not, has not, and will not, stoop to such levels. I believe we should leave these endeavors to the veterans' and anti-lobbyists' groups who have been tracking McClap for years; Support these groups as a United States Citizen.

So I would suggest we stay on the road less traveled- the high road- as Dr. Paul would, and keep in mind his message to us about "having fun!" ;)

TXcarlosTX
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
we need to start playing dirty.... i saw bombs away!!!!

Mark
02-21-2008, 03:50 PM
They're re-showing the morning McCain news conference on CSpan now

freelance
02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh my, OH MY! Payback--even before we lift a finger:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Whoops_McCain_fails_to_collect_enough_0221.html

:D:D:D

jrich4rpaul
02-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Do it

Mani
02-21-2008, 05:12 PM
In the coverage this morning of the McCain possible scandal, I heard a reporter asking John a question and they used "Blowback" in their question.

I chuckled to myself, thanks RP for adding that term to this 2008 campaign.

nate895
02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Brings whole new meaning to the claim, "Dr. Paul has earned a solid reputation for just saying no to lobbyists," doesn't it?

Yes it does.

Vancouverite90210
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM
"Should We Support Widespread Ads Exposing McCain As a Known and Admitted Adulterer?"

Yes as long as he stays away from OUR wives and girlfriends. What self respecting woman would want that ugly monster with big jowls and funny teeth on top of her?

Mark
02-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I would not support a group of Ron Paul supporters doing this.

Once again, it's about TRUTH - NOT Ron.

I'm a supporter of Truth more than Ron.

I want this world to be safe from those that LIE to get what they want.

Like those who LIE to promote candidates.

Like those that LIE to start wars.

And if we sit idly by with truthful knowledge that voters should know before they vote, we become complicit in the deception.

Do we need to wear Ron Paul on our sleeve everytime we promote the message of Freedom and Liberty? No.

Do we need to everytime we educate voters? No.

ehynick
02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Let the Liberal media do the dirty work. Ron Paul should not participate, just focus on his own record as a family man, longevity of his marriage, and doesn't give in to special interest from lobbists... maybe thoses two points just shouldn't be in the same breath though. LOL

amy31416
02-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Amy, you made me choke on my coffee. No, they wouldn't want to be hypocrites, but they wouldn't let it stop them, either.

Whether you are trying to show the true colors of a candidate you know to be a blatant opportunist and a borderline psychopath or are just trying to teach that adulterer and liar a lesson for calling your man a kook, I say we let Dr. Paul stay above the fray and we dig our fingers down in our nice grass roots and we pick up lots of mud and we fling away.

And I have, too. After all, I don't spend my whole workday on this site.

I agree that RP should stay above all this. We need to be realists though and realize that playing nice won't get the results that this country needs.

There is hypocrisy involved, there is mud-slinging, but someone who cheats on his spouse is showing their true colors. I'm not even focusing on McCain's treatment of Paul, I'm just promoting getting the truth about this guy out there. I defended Obama against the gay sex allegations even though I think he would be worse for this country than Hillary, but McCain has a history of this, and I truly believe it speaks to his character.

Thomas Paine
02-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I could give a rat's ass if McCain is fornicating with a dead horse. What we should expose is how McCain collaberated with this North Vietnamese captors while "imprisoned" in an apartment tended to by a couple of VC whores.

amy31416
02-22-2008, 07:47 PM

Unfortunately, voters don't do much math or research of their own. No need to connect Paul to this, but it also needs to be in their face.

Recall New Hampshire--McCain got the majority of anti-war Independent voters. People do not do their homework.

rmholla
02-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm really surprised one of the tabloids hasn't done a story on McCain cheating on his first wife. Maybe we should send in a "tip" for the story. LOL

-

hummtide
02-22-2008, 08:57 PM
why the hell not! THis POS CANNOT become president!

kaleidoscope eyes
02-22-2008, 09:05 PM
nah, I couldn't give a crap less. I know it matters to some, but, one's adulterous nature really has no bearing on how great a leader one can be. If this was the test to become a leader, just think how many great ones throughout history would have never been? (whoa! not that I think McCain is a great leader, don't get me wrong!) Maybe just play up the terrific life and family Ron has, his bright light makes the shadows of the others so much more stark.

now, this business about maybe lying about his "Heroism" in Nam? THAT would be so many shades of wrong to me.