PDA

View Full Version : My, What Precise Shooters We 'Mercans Are!

angelatc
02-21-2008, 09:06 AM
US 'confident' over satellite hit

<clip> blah blah blah

.......officials would continue to track debris falling over the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans over the next two days.

(Managed to miss the land masses in between though!! We rock!)

"Thus far we've seen nothing larger than a football," he said.

(Which would wreak havoc if it hit something, but it won't, because it is only falling over the oceans! We rock!)

The satellite, USA 193, was struck 153 nautical miles (283 km) above earth by an SM-3 missile fired from a warship in waters west of Hawaii.

(clipped blah blah blah)

hairball
02-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Good Shooting Navy!!!!

B964
02-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Funny how they KNOW the parts will fall in the oceans only.

WilliamC
02-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Anything the size of a football will most likely burn up in the atmosphere.

This was just an excuse for a space weapons test, but now the Russians and Chinese know that we can knock out their low-orbit satellites.

I can't say that's all bad....

hairball
02-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Pretty freaking GREAT. Not only did we hit it from a ship, but we were able to target that muther to fall where we wanted.

Let 'em whine. That loud noise from China and Russia is just sour grapes.

angelatc
02-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Anything the size of a football will most likely burn up in the atmosphere.

This was just an excuse for a space weapons test, but now the Russians and Chinese know that we can knock out their low-orbit satellites.

I can't say that's all bad....

Me either. I don't understand the need to deny it. It would be so much more effective to say "...and this isn't even the secret stuff!"

WilliamC
02-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Me either. I don't understand the need to deny it. It would be so much more effective to say "...and this isn't even the secret stuff!"

Well that's part of the problem with keeping so many secrets.

After a while it's just second nature and even obvious things are distorted by the veil of secrecy.

In a truly free society there is little need for secrets because the ultimate goals of those in power are openly known.