PDA

View Full Version : Linda Goldthorpe RON PAUL REPUBLICAN running! ANY members here from Michigan

Dave Wood
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
http://www.lindagoldthorpe.com/Home.html

This is her new website. It pretty nice :)

Looks like she could really use some canvassing help for signatures.......and of course money.

dawnbt
02-21-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm from Michigan and have seen her site. She is a representative of northern Michigan however. I'm in South Eastern.

Rhys
02-21-2008, 10:46 AM
her MI 1 is gigantic. She'll have a lot of work to do.

dawnbt, I'm running in MI 15 if you'd be interested in helping. I just got my first donation last night, enough to get the ball rolling. I also just scheduled an event in early April. I'll need lots of help getting on ballot, if you wouldn't mind.

dawnbt
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
her MI 1 is gigantic. She'll have a lot of work to do.

dawnbt, I'm running in MI 15 if you'd be interested in helping. I just got my first donation last night, enough to get the ball rolling. I also just scheduled an event in early April. I'll need lots of help getting on ballot, if you wouldn't mind.

Where is the 15th? I'll do whatever I can.

limequat
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Rhys do you have a website or anything. I'm in SE MI also and may be able to help.
Also, what's your name? I'm keeping track of all RP republicans running in MI.

Rhys
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
SE MI. Ann Arbor, Ypsi, down to Ohio and over to inktster and lake Erie

i'm making a website now.

Peregrin
02-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Rhys, that's where I am too (Belleville). As limequat asked, do you have a website?

Rhys
02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Rhys, that's where I am too (Belleville). As limequat asked, do you have a website?

not yet. i'll be rolling out the website very soon. i'm still making it. There's a lot of work involved.

I lived in belleville for a couple years. :)

jpwilhelm
02-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone running in the Detroit area (Canton, Royal Oak, Pontiac, Mt Clemens, Dearborn) that is like Ron Paul.

limequat
02-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Anyone running in the Detroit area (Canton, Royal Oak, Pontiac, Mt Clemens, Dearborn) that is like Ron Paul.

So far the only person we have is Jack Hoogendyk running for Senator against Levin.

This november we have 110 state rep spots open, 15 congresscritter spots open, and one senate spot open.

WE NEED RP PEOPLE!!!

joshuastjohn
02-21-2008, 12:02 PM

This guy is running in the 11th district as an independent. He has a huge uphill battle if he wants to beat the popular incumbent McCotter.

http://www.myspace.com/mcavoyforcongress

joshuastjohn
02-21-2008, 12:04 PM
So far the only person we have is Jack Hoogendyk running for Senator against Levin.

I don't think Hoogendyk supports Ron Paul's foreign policy but he's done a great job in Michigan fighting taxes and reducing spending.

joshuastjohn
02-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Sorry. I'm not trying to hijack this thread. Go Linda!

limequat
02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry. I'm not trying to hijack this thread. Go Linda!

No, that's a good point.

I met the man and he explained that he agreed with RP on 95% of the issues. I asked what the 5% was:p

I'm not sure I will vote for him, but I'm putting him on my list nonetheless.

manny
02-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Really makes my day whenever I read about people running for office at every level!

Rhys are you listed on paulcongress.com:

http://www.paulcongress.com/Candidates.html

manny
02-21-2008, 12:36 PM
p.s. anyone in contact with Jack Hoogendyk?

If he is indeed in agreement with 95% of RP's platform (I've never heard of him tbh), only differing on foreign policy he could probably get on paulcongress too - there's a guy listed there who differs from Ron regarding some protectionism and "finishing in Iraq".

joshuastjohn
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Jack Hoogendyk is an active blogger. You can read it here: http://coreprinciples.blogspot.com/ . I also believe he's on Facebook. He may be able to be contacted through there.