PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Texas! 19% in General

JohnCrabtree
02-21-2008, 08:15 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/21/texas.poll/

However, a conservative third-party candidate could skew the results -- and spell trouble for McCain, according to polling results. In that scenario, 19 percent of Texas poll respondents said they would vote for the third-party candidate, 37 percent for McCain and 41 percent for Obama.

I know Ron isn't going to run 3rd party, but I believe that those same people will vote for Ron in the primary.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
And this poll was taken before the latest news came out about McCain's zipper.

jmdrake
02-21-2008, 09:28 AM
We have to make sure those people know Ron Paul is a viable option in the primary. Time to launch operation Texas blitz! And it's time to go negative on McCain. Not on the lobbyist romance story (although that's helpful) but on the Keating five, his "100 year war" plan and his newfound support for torture.

Bern
02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
... his "100 year war" plan and his newfound support for torture.

Those are not necessarily negatives to a Texan.

Give me liberty
02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Dont the people in Texas know that McCain is for NAFTA?

-lotus-
02-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Dont the people in Texas know that McCain is for NAFTA?

THAT should be the big selling point. Texans HATE the corridor plans

freelance
02-21-2008, 11:53 AM
They are landgrabbing for the fence and the highway. Maybe a tie-in with land grabs, since that's such an emotional issue.

lonestarguy
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/21/texas.poll/

However, a conservative third-party candidate could skew the results -- and spell trouble for McCain, according to polling results. In that scenario, 19 percent of Texas poll respondents said they would vote for the third-party candidate, 37 percent for McCain and 41 percent for Obama.

I know Ron isn't going to run 3rd party, but I believe that those same people will vote for Ron in the primary.

John, sir, Ron Paul is not going to run 3rd Party unless enough people DEMAND he run 3rd Party. Dr. Ron Paul will run 3rd Party if enough us DEMAND he run. I mean wtf, Ron Paul had to be cajoled into running in the neocon Gop primaries.

Would the activists of the day have allowed Washington, Adams, Jefferson, to retire to the farm or to the legislature before victory was won? Wake up peeps!

Where would you be right now, John, if Ron Paul had not entered the race back in February, March of 2007? What would you be doing politically? Thinking about McCain, Huckleberry, Tancredo, Obama? Or perhaps not even thinking about the trainwreck of a political system.

Ron Paul was pressured to run in 2007. HE CAN BE PRESSURED TO RUN 3rd PARTY AND LOVE IT. I can not believe you people. With enough loving pressure, he'll damn sure run. And we win when he runs. Because we win converts, perhaps millions of converts to the freedom movement. A Ron Paul candidacy does a couple of things actually. As mentioned above, we expose, introduce, recruit new converts, while keeping the movement highly juiced and excited and moving forward. Capice, sir!

C'mon people, Ron Paul can run and win his congressional seat and he can compete for President. We truly have no other choice.

Bern
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
lonestarguy, if he runs 3rd party and steals from McCain's base, he will be blamed for allowing the Democratic candidate to win the general election (like Ross Perot was blamed). He will lose any chance of converting mainstream GOP voters to his cause in the future. It is not a smart move for the long term IMO.

Carole
02-21-2008, 01:39 PM
The article also stated this:

"Texas may be President Bush's home state, but a majority of poll respondents -- 55 percent -- said they disapprove of the job he is doing, giving Bush only a 41 percent approval rating.

And 61 percent of Texans said they oppose the war in Iraq. Meanwhile, 62 percent said they believe the U.S. economy is in a recession.

The poll interviewed 1,506 adults in Texas, including 1,247 registered voters, by telephone February 14-17. The sampling error on election questions is plus or minus 3 percentage points, and plus or minus 2.5 percentage points on questions dealing with Bush, Iraq and the economy"

Yet they would choose McCain over Dr. Paul????????????????????????????????????

Go figure.

Carole
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
This issue may be localized to just the area of the highway. Otherwise why would they be genrally supporting McInSane...unless the polls are yet again lying to build the case for yet another stolen election.

jmdrake
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Those are not necessarily negatives to a Texan.

100 years of war? I can't imagine any thinking person going along with that even if they did like the war. How can you call the surge "working" if it hast to last a century?

Anyway, push McCain's pro gun position.

http://mikehuckabee.meetup.com/139/messages/2063828/

Whatever works.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Carole
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Exactly.

filmmaker58
02-21-2008, 02:08 PM
http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

Republicans are going to have to live withtheir choice.

JohnCrabtree
02-21-2008, 02:31 PM
John, sir, Ron Paul is not going to run 3rd Party unless enough people DEMAND he run 3rd Party. Dr. Ron Paul will run 3rd Party if enough us DEMAND he run. I mean wtf, Ron Paul had to be cajoled into running in the neocon Gop primaries.

Would the activists of the day have allowed Washington, Adams, Jefferson, to retire to the farm or to the legislature before victory was won? Wake up peeps!

Where would you be right now, John, if Ron Paul had not entered the race back in February, March of 2007? What would you be doing politically? Thinking about McCain, Huckleberry, Tancredo, Obama? Or perhaps not even thinking about the trainwreck of a political system.

Ron Paul was pressured to run in 2007. HE CAN BE PRESSURED TO RUN 3rd PARTY AND LOVE IT. I can not believe you people. With enough loving pressure, he'll damn sure run. And we win when he runs. Because we win converts, perhaps millions of converts to the freedom movement. A Ron Paul candidacy does a couple of things actually. As mentioned above, we expose, introduce, recruit new converts, while keeping the movement highly juiced and excited and moving forward. Capice, sir!

C'mon people, Ron Paul can run and win his congressional seat and he can compete for President. We truly have no other choice.

1. The demand has been there since Day 1. He has refused.

2. He has already ran in the primary of too many states with sore loser laws. It would be impossible for him to receive enough electoral votes because of this.
3. I would be in the same place, minus having spent hundreds of hours and dollars on a failed campaign in Michigan. I would still be working on the two ballot initiatives I am doing now for a part time legislature and the Tax Repeal petition. True I would not be engaged in national politics without Ron, but I am only going bywhat he has said.

Ron has said that he will not run 3rd party. We demanded it, he refused. We can't force him to do it. I would like for him to, but I am not his boss, and neither are any of us.