PDA

View Full Version : New MESSAGE from RP!

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 12:05 AM
February 21, 2008

I am writing today to ask for your help -- not for me, but for a fellow
North Carolina friend of liberty, my friend Congressman Walter Jones.

You, more than most, know that our nation is at an important
crossroads.

Will we return to limited, constitutional government? Or will our
country continue to expand the size and scope of government, restrict
personal liberties, and persist in spending billions of dollars overseas in
foreign aid and foreign adventures?

The stakes are high. The window of time to successfully correct our
country's path is short, and -- truthfully -- the number of members of
Congress who understand what is held in the balance is few.

That is why it is vital that Congressman Walter Jones be reelected.

While other members talk about limited government and respecting the
Constitution, my fellow Liberty Caucus member Walter Jones actually does
something about it.

That's why, on the McLaughlin Group, Pat Buchanan awarded Rep. Walter
Jones "Most Original Thinker of 2007" for his resolution to prohibit war
on Iran without Congressional approval -- a bill I proudly cosponsor.

That's why Walter joined me in introducing the We the People Act (HR
300) in 2007 to limit the jurisdiction of federal courts that are handing
down decisions that many times over turn specific state laws that
should be protected by the 10th Amendment.

That's why Walter Jones has joined me in saying "no" to the North
American Union; "no" to big government spending; and "no" to the Federal
Reserve's efforts to obscure the true scope of their creation of money and
credit.

In short, there are few congressmen like Walter Jones who are actually
fighting for the principles of the Constitution that every member of
Congress takes an oath to uphold.

But, as you can imagine, not every Republican is happy that Walter
Jones takes his oath of office seriously. He faces a primary challenge,
backed by those who do not want oversight of the administration. They do
not appreciate the hard questions that he has asked about the war in
Iraq, his stance on preserving individual liberties, and his commitment
to upholding the sovereignty of the United States by rejecting bogus
"free trade agreements."

You have been a tremendous help to me in our efforts to restrain the
role of government and to follow the Constitution.

Today, I ask you to help my friend Congressman Walter Jones by sending
a contribution to his campaign.

It is essential that we return Walter Jones to Congress so he can
continue the battle for individual liberty and less government.

Please send your most generous donation today
https://www.online-donation.com/jones/

Sincerely,

Ron

Paid for by Walter Jones for Congress

Paid for by the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee.

Ex Post Facto
02-21-2008, 12:12 AM
He was one of the 3 Republicans that voted recently to hold Bush administration members in contempt. That takes balls, the other Republican beside Ron Paul, and Walter Jones has lost his seat. I would encourage anyone that can donate a bit still to help this man out.

Banana
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Was that third man Wayne Gilchrest?

It's situation like this that makes me want to outlaw party system. :mad: Not that it'd fix the problem anyway.

Ex Post Facto
02-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Was that third man Wayne?

Yes I believe so. Here is a paragraph from the article concerning the third guy: On Thursday, three Republicans joined 220 Democrats to support the contempt resolution, including Rep. Walter B. Jones of North Carolina, presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and Rep. Wayne T. Gilchrest of Maryland, who was defeated this week in a primary. One Republican, Rep. Jon Porter of Nevada, voted "present."

LandonCook
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Is Paul selling money bombs? I want to know how much he got for the letter? Ah, at least it is a good guys he sells out to... I can't bitch.

Luft97
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Walter Jones needs a fancy graphic showing his totals like Ron has ;)

miketwalker
02-21-2008, 12:24 AM

I agree, I think the Ron Paul supporters have a fascination with knowing they can see their money being accounted for in a donation. I'm so broke from this campaign, but I still threw my $10 in because especially after Gilchrest, we need to make sure we secure our home bases before our next steps.

slacker921
02-21-2008, 12:29 AM
.. will Jones endorse Paul....

linusPAULing
02-21-2008, 12:29 AM
This is how the Ron Paul Revolution will win... by backing everyone within it. Please donate a few dollars.

One big concern for me, however, remains election fraud. If these RP revolutionaries get their votes hacked then contributions won't help obviously. We need to keep on top of this issue!

Luft97
02-21-2008, 12:32 AM
.. will Jones endorse Paul....

I was looking for this myself, it appears that he did but he is not on the RonPaul2008 endorsement list. Jones' Wikipedia says that he did endorse Ron for president. Do a search for "Walter Jones Ron Paul" it looks like he did tho.

Mark
02-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Is Paul selling money bombs? I want to know how much he got for the letter? Ah, at least it is a good guys he sells out to... I can't bitch.

They're not called moneyBOMBS anymore, they're called LoveRaisers.

lastnymleft
02-21-2008, 12:39 AM

There was a thread here in the last day or two where several were looking at doing such graphics. Perhaps someone can step up and help him put one on his site?

hyoomen
02-21-2008, 01:08 AM
The fact that such a letter from Congressman Paul is followed by the disclaimer that it was paid for by Walter Jones leaves a disingenuous taste in my mouth. I'll probably still toss some drinking money his way, but that doesn't seem particularly patriotic.

Banana
02-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Erm, I don't think it meant that Ron himself was getting paid for this, but rather that the effort of drafting and distributing was paid by the committee as required by FEC?

Didn't you notice that the email itself was distributed by newsletter "Paid for by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee"?

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 02:55 AM
bump

HollyforRP
02-21-2008, 03:05 AM
I keep getting emails from people telling me to send them money and that they are running and like Ron Paul.

How the hell are they getting my email? I am signed up on the precinct captain list is that it??

berrybunches
02-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Erm, I don't think it meant that Ron himself was getting paid for this, but rather that the effort of drafting and distributing was paid by the committee as required by FEC?

Didn't you notice that the email itself was distributed by newsletter "Paid for by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee"?

It probably has to do with McCain-Feingold :rolleyes:

newyearsrevolution08
02-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Just a disclaimer that is needed after everything just like adverts. Everything has a cost and needs to be accounted for in the campaign and with that comes "disclaimers" and usually one anywhere it can go just to cover your bases.

The fact that such a letter from Congressman Paul is followed by the disclaimer that it was paid for by Walter Jones leaves a disingenuous taste in my mouth. I'll probably still toss some drinking money his way, but that doesn't seem particularly patriotic.

DFF
02-21-2008, 06:11 AM
*stick-y*

thuja
02-21-2008, 06:21 AM
I keep getting emails from people telling me to send them money and that they are running and like Ron Paul.

How the hell are they getting my email? I am signed up on the precinct captain list is that it??

i don't get any email, except from ron paul campaign, and the meetup, so you must have signed up for additional contacts somewhere.

anyway, i gave money to jones campaign just now. we need people like him in congress.

LibertyEagle
02-21-2008, 07:54 AM

Landon, you setup your strawman and you knock it down. Even in jest, it's not funny to say that Dr. Paul sold out. You know darn well he did not.

If we're serious about wanting our country back, we should also be serious about wanting to keep good people in office. Dr. Paul is letting us know that this guy has his seal of approval.

BIG_J
02-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I want a thermometer or something!

BIG_J
02-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I will give 25 later today though!

Cowlesy
02-21-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm always for principled people in Congress, even if I don't agree with a lot of his stances. No one's perfect.

If Ron wants to keep him in Congress, we should try and help.

Thank you for your contribution.

Transaction Number: VQFE1FDF257F
Transaction Result: Approved
Authorization Code: 07691Z
Amount: $25.00

cayton
02-21-2008, 09:11 AM
I live in Jone's district:

The deal here is that the republicans are running a primary opponent against him, just like they are doing to paul, so jones wont even make it until the general election. They've dredged up some well funded county commish to run against him and have put up signs everywhere. Jones is now a republican who is running without republican support.

greeksta59
02-21-2008, 09:18 AM
nvm

pacelli
02-21-2008, 09:22 AM
this Letter Is Fake!!! It Is Not From The Official Campaign. Lew Moore On Rprradio.com Just Now Said That Walter Jones Is Against The Ron Paul Platform. Do Not Send Money

That is not what he said, were you actually listening to the interview? Lew Moore said that Walter B. Jones is a member of Ron's liberty caucus, and Ron DOES endorse him & Murray Sabrin. He said that Woody Jenkins & Richard Viguerie are not endorsed by Ron Paul.

lastnymleft
02-21-2008, 09:22 AM
I live in Jone's district:

The deal here is that the republicans are running a primary opponent against him, just like they are doing to paul, so jones wont even make it until the general election. They've dredged up some well funded county commish to run against him and have put up signs everywhere. Jones is now a republican who is running without republican support.

What are his chances if he misses the primary, and runs as an independent? Is he well liked in the area?

homah
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM

bullshit

MsDoodahs
02-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Thread reopened and bumped as this info has been verified as legit by Daniel McCarthy at HQ. :)

LibertyEagle
02-21-2008, 11:21 AM
bump

constituent
02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Ah, at least it is a good guys he sells out to... I can't bitch.

:rolleyes:

Banana
02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
bump

Has that information been verified? There was another thread by MsDoobah noting that the information may not be verified?

Daniel McCarthy
02-21-2008, 11:40 AM
The Walter Jones message is legit. The moderator called me to verify it, which I was happy to do.

Daniel McCarthy
Internet Communications Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

BuddyRey
02-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Donated!

I disagree with Jones on many things (the "freedom fries" debacle, and his ban on blue movies in airplanes especially), but he's usually right with RP on fighting the police state, and I'm proud to have him representing North Carolina, which has an embarassingly bad history of electing rampant statists to Congress.

Kotin
02-21-2008, 11:51 AM
i gave him 25.

MsDoodahs
02-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Has that information been verified? There was another thread by MsDoobah noting that the information may not be verified?

Thread reopened and bumped as this info has been verified as legit by Daniel McCarthy at HQ. :)

:)

integrity
02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
I gave 25...

IRO-bot
02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
How do I get these e-mails?

kipload
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM

One question... Did you sign up for the UltimateRonPaul.com site? If so I imagine that is where they are coming from. It was outed as a fake, and a way to swindle supporters to support other causes.

Ronin
02-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Donated bump

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Somebody closed this thread because they thought I made up the email?
"this Letter Is Fake!!! It Is Not From The Official Campaign. Lew Moore On Rprradio.com Just Now Said That Walter Jones Is Against The Ron Paul Platform. Do Not Send Money"

Ronin
02-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Somebody closed this thread because they thought I made up the email?
"this Letter Is Fake!!! It Is Not From The Official Campaign. Lew Moore On Rprradio.com Just Now Said That Walter Jones Is Against The Ron Paul Platform. Do Not Send Money"

Try reading the whole thread.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I did and it looked like somebody said Mrs Doodah had closed it and started another thread saying this thread was not true....is that true? If so, why didn't she just send me a PM and ask me where I got the email?

ValidusCustodiae
02-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I was looking for this myself, it appears that he did but he is not on the RonPaul2008 endorsement list. Jones' Wikipedia says that he did endorse Ron for president. Do a search for "Walter Jones Ron Paul" it looks like he did tho.

I have recent local newspaper in my hands talking about how Walter Jones is endorsing Ron Paul despite him being way behind in delegates.

He's my congressman. I plan on voting for him. He's not perfect, (i.e. Ron Paul) but he is the closest thing I've seen. I have been in contact with his office and have voiced my support and concerns.

He got an autograph for me from Dr. Paul, which I thought was really awesome. =) It's on nice official 8x10 congress photo.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
bump

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 02:48 PM
"There is a possibility that the thread by coffeewithchess titled "New MESSAGE from RP!! which touted candidate Jones was/is not from Dr. Paul.

The information has been passed to admin for verification; once they verify, the thread will either be reopened or left closed.

In the interim, the website for donations to Walter Jones is:

www.walterjonesforcongress.com

Thanks,

MsD"

Why didn't she just ask me where I got it or check her own email for it? I'm not like Ghemminger and others that post VERY VAGUE threads that get left up and open FOREVER! If MsDoodahs isn't subscribed to RP's mailing list, then she should be and I would think a moderator on RPFs would be! She didn't send me a PM asking me where I got it or anything, she just took the ASSUMPTION that it might have been fake. Why is she still allowed to moderate? Seriously, she should go to HucksArmy and help out over there.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 04:10 PM
bump

ItsTime
02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
bump

itshappening
02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
please help Congressman Jones, they're trying to get silence him like Ron Paul!! : (((

MsDoodahs
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
"There is a possibility that the thread by coffeewithchess titled "New MESSAGE from RP!! which touted candidate Jones was/is not from Dr. Paul.

The information has been passed to admin for verification; once they verify, the thread will either be reopened or left closed.

Thanks,

MsD"

Why didn't she just ask me where I got it or check her own email for it? I'm not like Ghemminger and others that post VERY VAGUE threads that get left up and open FOREVER! If MsDoodahs isn't subscribed to RP's mailing list, then she should be and I would think a moderator on RPFs would be! She didn't send me a PM asking me where I got it or anything, she just took the ASSUMPTION that it might have been fake. Why is she still allowed to moderate? Seriously, she should go to HucksArmy and help out over there.

James, you were not online, the thread was flagged, and additionally, I rec'd several PMd complaints about your post. I closed the thread, left a message to notify everyone that we were working to confirm the validity, included the contribution website in my message thread, called HQ and got it confirmed, and reopened the thread with the confirming gent's name included.

Stop having hissy fits.

LibertyEagle
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM

James, you need to work on your attitude in a bad way. MsD's was acting responsibly in confirming the letter. In fact the Ron Paul headquarters told us that they did not send it out; Walter Jones' organization did.

You are out of line, James. If you think what you have said above is ok, perhaps it is YOU who belong over at Huck's Army. After all, it was you wasn't it, who not too long ago, was trying to convince people here to vote for Huck. :rolleyes:

rajibo
02-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Thanks,

MsD"

I'm on RP's mailing list and I didn't get any message.

margomaps
02-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Was that third man Wayne Gilchrest?

It's situation like this that makes me want to outlaw party system. :mad: Not that it'd fix the problem anyway.

Not trying to call you out in particular here -- I'm just using your post as an example of something that's been driving me nuts over the past few days. Namely, all the moaning and wringing of hands over Gilchrest's defeat in the primary.

It appears that most of the gnashing of teeth (hey, I already used moaning and ringing of hands -- I like variety :D ) is being done by people who probably never heard of Gilchrest until they saw his name in Ron's e-mail. "If he's a friend of Ron's, he must be a stand-up guy!"

Well, I'm here to tell you...balderdash! Gilchrest is known in Maryland for siding with the (very, very liberal) Democrats on a few key, critical issues. Unfortunately one of those issues is gun control. He's rated F by the GOA, and D- by the NRA. When those two organizations agree that someone is anti-gun, it usually means they're anti-gun. I'm sorry, but someone who has a record of restricting citizen's right to keep and bear arms does not deserve to keep and bear his position of power in the congress.

Oh, and did I mention he voted to make parts of the Patriot Act permanent?

It may be true that his "neocon phony" replacement isn't very good either. But maybe Gilchrest (and others pretending to be Republicans) will once again learn to respect the 2nd amendment.

Banana
02-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Not trying to call you out in particular here -- I'm just using your post as an example of something that's been driving me nuts over the past few days. Namely, all the moaning and wringing of hands over Gilchrest's defeat in the primary.

No problem. To be fair, I didn't know anything about him, and had no idea that he was just a neocon who happened to oppose the war.

That said, I do have to say that the party system tends to punish those who don't tow the party lines. Back in Newt's dominion (!), I understand that Newt came down very hard on anyone who wouldn't play along, even if they weren't really in agreement. He did gave Ron Paul an exception because Ron's records was so consistent and the failure to oust Paul was probably fresh on his mind. I also understand that nobody else ever has qualified for the "Ron Paul exception".

But the bottom line is that party system basically squelch independent thinking on any of elected officials, and that's what got my goat back there. Your point about Gilchrest not exactly a RPR is still valid, however.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 10:03 PM
James, you need to work on your attitude in a bad way. MsD's was acting responsibly in confirming the letter. In fact the Ron Paul headquarters told us that they did not send it out; Walter Jones' organization did.

You are out of line, James. If you think what you have said above is ok, perhaps it is YOU who belong over at Huck's Army. After all, it was you wasn't it, who not too long ago, was trying to convince people here to vote for Huck. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle, I know MsDoodahs and yourself is getting on other peoples nerves with her/your HucksArmy style of treating posts. Yes, I started threads talking about a strategy for helping us get a brokered convention...that thread was moved to another section in the forum...probably by MsDoodahs or yourself...I'm not the only one that is still trying to win this campaign and it is moderators that leave stupid threads about Chris Peden open all day, but move threads actually talking MATH and if a brokered convention is possible that don't make any sense!

How am I out of line? Because I'm still trying to figure out the best way for RP to win the nomination...even if that means a vote for Huckabee to ensure a brokered convention?

dvictr
02-21-2008, 10:05 PM

he'll be rich!

Jamsie 567
02-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Bombs away!!!

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 10:12 PM
James, you were not online, the thread was flagged, and additionally, I rec'd several PMd complaints about your post. I closed the thread, left a message to notify everyone that we were working to confirm the validity, included the contribution website in my message thread, called HQ and got it confirmed, and reopened the thread with the confirming gent's name included.

Stop having hissy fits.

Just because someone isn't logged in, doesn't mean you can't send a PM asking for clarification.

Banana
02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
coffeewithchess,

Please take it to PM. I don't need to read about pissing contest between you and mods.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
coffeewithchess,

Please take it to PM. I don't need to read about pissing contest between you and mods.

All you have to do is read the first page. The mods were the ones that responded to me in the forum and not in a PM.

LibertyEagle
02-21-2008, 10:35 PM
LibertyEagle, I know MsDoodahs is getting on other peoples nerves with her HucksArmy style of treating posts. Yes, I started threads talking about a strategy for helping us get a brokered convention...that thread was moved to another section in the forum...probably by MsDoodahs or yourself...I'm not the only one that is still trying to win this campaign and it is moderators that leave stupid threads about Chris Peden open all day, but move threads actually talking MATH and if a brokered convention is possible that don't make any sense!

How am I out of line? Because I'm still trying to figure out the best way for RP to win the nomination...even if that means a vote for Huckabee to ensure a brokered convention?

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with a brokered convention. It had to do with fundraising for another candidate. It is my opinion that you were out of line in your response to MsD.

Instead, it sounds like you're still holding a grudge about your thread(s) about brokered conventions being moved to the National Convention subforum. This has already been discussed ad nauseum.

kevman657
04-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Apparently, we helped him a lot on fund raising....

http://opensecrets.org/races/summary.asp?ID=NC03&Cycle=2008

idiom
04-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I has a question, if he is already a congressman how come he voted to Censor china over Tibet?

Ron Paul was left standing prettymuch alone on that one.