PDA

View Full Version : I see McCain resigning and Romney coming back and picking Huckabee as VP

terlinguatx
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM

kirkblitz
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
if romney comes back in then thats BS, thats almost like cheating, plus that lame ass way he went out wont exactly help his cause.

nate895
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, no one but John McCain can secure enough pledged delegates to the convention to win, so it is all moot at this point.

billjarrett
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Romneys kinda screwed on that idea. I don't think there's enough delegates left to get him 1199, and he released he delegates and endorsed McCain. Dunno if theres a "No take backs" policy.

If McCain drops out, I think it would be a crapshoot first round between Huck and Paul.

familydog
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
If true, talk radio could cream their pants.

kirkblitz
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
no point in mccain dropping out, he'll njust ride it through and let the sheeple select him at the convention and then get destroyed in november. Those delegates wont switch and i think he knows that

Ethek
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Nothing will come of this other than McCain getting plastered on the front page for the next week.

it will take hard evidence of actual adultery with witnesses and supporting evidence to even start McCain's fall. The collaboration with communist captors might just do it. Perhaps some documents from his Vietnamese interrogators suggesting that McCain had been indoctrinated and besides being mentally unstable was starting to show influence and communist sympathies.

nate895
02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
no point in mccain dropping out, he'll njust ride it through and let the sheeple select him at the convention and then get destroyed in november. Those delegates wont switch and i think he knows that

We will have the delegates.

TruthAtLast
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Just my two cents.

so what would that say about Romney. The wuss not only drops out, but then betrays his own supporters by endorsing McCain when the REASON why many people voted for him is because he was the "viable" anti-McCain!

The question is really about how this is spun. He already has a huge lead but if Huck and Paul can keep him from getting 1191 and more McCain trash emerges (there is plenty), then who knows what can happen at a brokered convention.

Let's not put the cart in front of the horse yet but this news can be nothing but good news for Huckabee and Dr. Paul, especially before Texas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

terlinguatx
02-20-2008, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=

homah
02-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Why would McCain resign?

kirkblitz
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
spoke to a few mccain fans and they said " so what that was 8 years ago, hes back with his wife now"

damn you mccain

zadrock
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Remember, he only "suspended" his campaign.

I thought he officially conceded and endorsed McCain, no?

Z

homah
02-20-2008, 09:44 PM
spoke to a few mccain fans and they said " so what that was 8 years ago, hes back with his wife now"

damn you mccain

nothing much is going to come of this. as usual people are overreacting.

RSLudlum
02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Doesn't anybody think the media wants a brokered convention? Of course they do! More controversy = more reporting/spin = more ratings = more advertising dollars.

abe447
02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
McCain isn't resigning. There will be no brokered convention. He's got the Republican nomination wrapped up. He's going to deny the accusations of course. There's not really any real proof they actually had an affair except for advisor's speculation. This wont' affect him one bit as far as putting the finishing touches on the Republican nomination. Whether or not it will affect the general election remains to be seen.

affa
02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
McCain isn't resigning. There will be no brokered convention. He's got the Republican nomination wrapped up. He's going to deny the accusations of course. There's not really any real proof they actually had an affair except for advisor's speculation. This wont' affect him one bit as far as putting the finishing touches on the Republican nomination. Whether or not it will affect the general election remains to be seen.

you could be less obvious, you know.

abe447
02-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Guys, this scandal is just speculation from advisors. I'm just giving you my opinion that it probably won't turn into much. We'll see if I'm right on March 4th. I hope it takes down McCain, but it's unlikely. He'll just deny it and the American people will believe him because he's an "American hero" and a "straight talker" blah blah blah. I'll bump this thread up after March 4th and we'll see if I'm right.

Banana
02-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Remember this magical word: libel.

If this speculation was untrue, then we should be seeing the advisor and McCain in a libel lawsuit, no?

westmich4paul
02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
The woman could come foward and admit it, the commies could come forward and admit to tampering with McCain's head back in Nam, hell he could be indicted for some heinous crime and the Republican Party would still turn their heads and deny and cough. Thats how the Republican Party works. They are the most vile and despicable humans I have ever been associated with since switching party's to support Ron the only Republican I know that I can honestly respect. Are their others within the Party like Ron? maybe but I haven't seen them yet.

Why do you think they shun Paul? Ron is like kryptonite to these evil evil people. He has integrity and principals and that is why he should run from his own Party, they do nothing but hurt his good name.

jsu718
02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, after Clinton getting off scott free (no pun intended... honestly) I wouldn't be surprised if this gets ignored by the voting public... much like the lies for going into Iraq, all of their voting records, and the Constitution.

Eponym_mi
02-20-2008, 10:28 PM
it will take hard evidence of actual adultery

Anybody see a blue dress?

american.swan
02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
nothing much is going to come of this. as usual people are overreacting.

right