PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbit on the NYT McCain-Female Lobbyist story

Victrix
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Interesting Tidbit on this NYT McCain-Female Lobbyist story that I think needs to get out:

Drudge had headlined that they had obtained exclusive info from a source that said the New York Times had this story about McCain and a female lobbyist and it was going to be big and was probably gonna run in the next couple days. This was in January just a couple days before the New Hampshire Primary.

I specifically remembered this because it was so close to the NH primary and I was thinking how this could really benefit Ron Paul if some big negative story on McCain was to break. Well I waited lookin for it but the story never ran and I thought the NYT had killed it or Drudge's source was bogus and there was no story.....Until now

THIS MEANS THAT THE NEW YORK TIMES HAS BEEN PURPOSELY SITTING ON THIS STORY AND IS ONLY NOW RELEASING IT BECAUSE MCCAIN HAS EMERGED AS THE PROBABLE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE.

Can you imagine how different all of the primary elections might have turned out if this story had run when Drudge first got wind of it???

This is just another blatant example of the MSM, in this case the liberal NYT, manipulating the whole political process to favor their chosen candidates. People need to start waking up to this!

jsu718
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
And the NYT endorsed McCain.

bobmurph
02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
And the NYT endorsed McCain.

un-fucking-believable if they actually did sit on the story...oh the world we live in. God, help us.

nate895
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
un-fucking-believable if they actually did sit on the story...oh the world we live in. God, help us.

They probably did it because of that.

Avalon
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Didn't you guys bother reading the article? They said they had it back in December.

Victrix
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Didn't you guys bother reading the article? They said they had it back in December.

And some how that makes it all better? Especially since they freakin endorsed him after having this story!?!

qh4dotcom
02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
This is nothing compared to the next possible McCain scandal...see

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1290498&postcount=7

tamor
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
CNN has ben talking about this story -- I believe they said this happened years ago , but the N Y Times did know about it in December and have been sitting on it. I do believe he was married at the time.. he has adderessed it but not denied it

kirkblitz
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
CNN has ben talking about this story -- I believe they said this happened years ago , but the N Y Times did know about it in December and have been sitting on it. I do believe he was married at the time.. he has adderessed it but not denied it

they were sitting on it because mccain had a lawyer after there ass according to druge

DirtMcGirt
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
yup i remember McCain complaining to NYT about a story they were going to release before NH also...

chelu
02-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Am I the only one who's worried that this story only means that Barack "Plan B" Obama is going to be the chosen one? McCain might have had a chance against Obama because he could hammer him on all his liberal policies, more so than against Hillary. A story about an affair/lying/etc. involving a big-time D.C. politician might bring back memories of Bill Clinton, and have some effect on Hillary's campaign, in the minds of on-the-fence Democrats. Going forward, Obama could eat-up McCain over this playing on this whole anti-lobbyist thing that he's been able to fool people over.

This does give an opening for Ron Paul to make some noise again, but do you think that this is the attempt to solidify Obama's path to the nomination? The timing of it all is what leads me to think about this possibility, either that or I've gotten a little paranoid.