PDA

View Full Version : Anarcho-Capitalism

Fox McCloud
02-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Ok, well, to be honest, not many years ago, I was a Neocon that supported Bush...however, 2 years ago, I started forming my own political ideologies--little did I know, the ideas that I formed were based on Libertarianism. Then, Ron Paul came a long, and I looked up more on what being a "Libertarian" was. There were a few things I believed in/supported/didn't support that weren't Libertarian, but once I saw the logic behind it, I did change my position (there's still a few minor things that I haven't changed positions on, but oh well).

So anyway, over the course of doing research, I've stumbled onto a political ideology known as "Anarcho-Capitalism" or "Market Anarchy". At first, it sounded insane to me, but I've become more and more interested in it as time has gone on. Thus, could someone please tell me, in detail, about it?

Also, could someone please provide me with some good articles about it (preferred scholarly articles, but non-scholarly would be ok too). Also, could someone recommend some books to read about it--I would really like to know more about it.

apc3161
02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
See my signature. I too am a "Anarcho capitalist" and a Libertarian, I just didn't know those were the names of the categories in which my beliefs fell. See my signature for an incredible series of videos. Start with the ones in the 80's.

enter`name`here
02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I consider my self to be an anarcho-capitalist. You should read the works of murray rothbard. A good book is for a new liberty
http://www.mises.org/rothbard/newliberty.asp

Number19
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
goggle "anarcho-capitalism wikipedia".

Not only is there the encyclopedic discussion, but also a good list of reference material.