PDA

View Full Version : Did someone say "open-source" media company?

TVMH
02-20-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.ronpaulradio.com/alpha/newlook_cr_005.html

Hi, all.

If you’re familiar at all with the history of www.ronpaulradio.com , you may know that we have had our ups and downs, that we are still on the air covering the movement, and that we have had (and continue to have) a lot of fun. DjLoTi came up with a great idea, many people joined him in the effort to spread the message of freedom and liberty, and we will continue to try and broadcast premium content to the best of our respective abilities.

On that note, several of the historically dedicated participants at www.ronpaulradio.com (myself included) are exploring the possibility of forming a privately capitalized for-profit corporation that will seek to provide a “one-stop shop” for all kinds of media related to libertarian ideals.

We will provide educational content, entertainment content, continued broadcasting through “internet TV”, and much more; also, please note that the link given is to the work-in-progress. :)

With regard to corporate affairs, we are still in the exploratory stages, and we are not seeking public capital investment, however, we ARE seeking your support…and, of course, we value your input. :D

Best regards….TVMH (Jason Barrick)

http://www.ronpaulradio.com/alpha/newlook_cr_005.html

Non_Serviam
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
IMNSHO, this is going to be frikken cooooooool. New media is about to beat the crap out of old media. :D

ronpaulyourmom
02-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a great idea. As a former RPR listener (too busy these days) I recommend you move towards something along the lines of podcasting and vlogs, that is to say, downloadable segments on certain topics instead of live streams. I'm much more comfortable with navigation and downloadable content than I am waiting around on a shoutcast stream for something interesting to happen. Plus in the years ahead there's going to be a lot less "live action" to cover and a lot more general educating to do.

TVMH
02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a great idea. As a former RPR listener (too busy these days) I recommend you move towards something along the lines of podcasting and vlogs, that is to say, downloadable segments on certain topics instead of live streams. I'm much more comfortable with navigation and downloadable content than I am waiting around on a shoutcast stream for something interesting to happen. Plus in the years ahead there's going to be a lot less "live action" to cover and a lot more general educating to do.

good stuff...podcasting is in the works, and the shows are archived and available.

Thanks for listening....:)

pacelli
02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Is Ron Paul Radio under completely new management now?

TruthAtLast
02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
is this the same as www.breakthematrix.com

TVMH
02-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Is Ron Paul Radio under completely new management now?

yes

TVMH
02-20-2008, 11:26 PM
is this the same as www.breakthematrix.com

no

mavtek
02-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Not to rain on your parade TVMH, but don't you think it would be much easier for us liberty lovers to concentrate on 1 media outlet? One has already been presented in breakthematrix. What are your objections to joining with them.

Revolution9
02-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Not to rain on your parade TVMH, but don't you think it would be much easier for us liberty lovers to concentrate on 1 media outlet? One has already been presented in breakthematrix. What are your objections to joining with them.

Let the market decide. Seems that one fellow with the breakthematrix has left a few bad tastes in folks mouths along the way. The more the merrier and when something big hits it gets plastered all over instead of one central location.

Best
Randy

lastnymleft
02-20-2008, 11:44 PM

It's called the free market. The proponents of breakthematrix have formulated a capitalization structure whereby they apparently believe that - upon launch, and with no actual contribution themselves - their 7/12 share of the company should be instantly worth $7M, when all the company has will be $5M of other shareholder money in the bank. There's a lot of fat in there for other company's to come forth, and provide investors a better deal.

mavtek
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
No doubt let the market decide, but initially it will be us who are that market. To be honest I don't have the money to try to support a bunch of start up's all vying to accomplish similar goals. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have choice, but we could do a lot more with a consolidated effort.

TVMH
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
No doubt let the market decide, but initially it will be us who are that market. To be honest I don't have the money to try to support a bunch of start up's all vying to accomplish similar goals. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have choice, but we could do a lot more with a consolidated effort.

regarding our starting up, we are seeking to do all that privately (absent individual contributions for whatever purpose).

regarding your support, we'll work to bring you the best content that we can, and we are perfectly willing to let the market decide our fate. ;)

JoshLowry
02-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey I saw your justintv show tonight, nice gig!

libertythor
02-21-2008, 12:32 AM

What is wrong with having more than one outlet? The MSM is divided over many channels.

The last thing we want is to have the equivalent of the "official voice of the revolution" ....Castro-style. Let the market decide because putting our eggs in one basket can be a bad thing.

We don't want another blimp fiasco.

Mark
02-21-2008, 01:26 AM

The person trying to get people to give him $5,000,000 to do the same as this, also had plans to profit off of Ron's name long ago.

Look at the date RonPaulBlimp.com was bought. - June 14th 2007.

----------------------

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.

Domain Name: RonPaulBlimp.com

Created on: 14-Jun-07

Expires on: 15-Jun-08
Last Updated on: 29-Nov-07

----------------------

Long before he plagiarized the moneybomb, Nov 5th date donation, and now, new media, ideas to jump start his personal advertising company idea

using his fame and the email addresses collected through the plagiarized ideas.

The evidence shows an intent to promote a large scale effort to bring in hundreds of thousands, and potentially millions, of dollars

for his personal benefit, using Ron's name, near the very beginning of the campaign.

Apparently this self-promoter, who can't even keep a simple music emailing promotions Corporation going,

------------------------

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=L05000053517&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=N&names_cor_number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=MUSICSUBMIT&names_filing_type=

Florida Limited Liability Company
MUSICSUBMIT, LLC
Filing Information Document NumberL05000053517
FEI Number342050492
Date Filed05/23/2005
State FL

Status INACTIVE

Last Event ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT

Event Date Filed 09/14/2007 Event

Effective Date NONE

-----------------------------------

wants us to now believe that he can run a multi-million dollar professional media Corporation.

TVMH
02-21-2008, 04:10 PM
ok, yall...time to get creative! :D

Our first promotion is a "Name this company" contest...click the following link to see what's up. http://www.ronpaulradio.com/contest.html

Also, if you have any ideas for content or how we can improve the site (and there is MUCH improvement to be made), feel free to send us an e-mail using the the "Contact" link.

Thanks again! :)

lastnymleft
02-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Also, if you have any ideas for content or how we can improve the site (and there is MUCH improvement to be made), feel free to send us an e-mail using the the "Contact" link.

Whatever you do, do it professionally. The other station comes across as being very professionally done. Station ads, call transitions, etc. It's the little things that all ad up to the perception. A little more effort can pay big dividends.

TVMH
02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Whatever you do, do it professionally. The other station comes across as being very professionally done. Station ads, call transitions, etc. It's the little things that all ad up to the perception. A little more effort can pay big dividends.

To be sure, the new site at www.ronpaulradio.com is unlike any other endeavor out there (that I know of, at least)...if you follow our progress, I think you might be surprised. ;)

Regarding doing things "professionally", I like to look at "other stations" as being different genres...sorta like the alternative rock station vs. the country and western station scenario; this certainly doesn't preclude holding to a schedule, however, most of us at www.ronpaulradio.com don't really like playing ads over and over...but again, the market will decide what it likes best. :D

And again, our endeavor is unlike anything else being proposed (as best as I can tell), so all the old paradigms are out the window, in my opinion.

Either way, thanks for the input. :)

kindled1
02-21-2008, 10:20 PM
*bump* and a lil pinch :)

Roxi
02-22-2008, 03:35 AM
how bout sketch comedy bits

gregb
02-22-2008, 06:14 AM
What is wrong with having more than one outlet? The MSM is divided over many channels.

The last thing we want is to have the equivalent of the "official voice of the revolution" ....Castro-style. Let the market decide because putting our eggs in one basket can be a bad thing.

Actually, I think that any centralized control is not so much bad as prone to manipulation of the nodes. What I think we need is a distributed model - sort of a "bittorrent" of media nodes.

To that end I have started putting up a site designed to promote just this sort of thing. I have been writing software as a hobby for the last 10 years or so and I've developed a number of different applications that I'm going to make available to Ron Paul sites. I have been adapting them to the needs of a few campaigns of Ron Paul candidates and I think that at least a few of them are at the point where I can consider offering them to people for actual use.

I just registered the domain http://opensourceronpaul.com and put up a quick example of one of my applications, a map. The example could be better but it will suffice for demonstrations - I would rather work on actual uses than my imaginary development based demonstration ones where I have to make up data than I don't have.

What you don't see about the map unless you examine the configuration file at http://opensourceronpaul.com/map/main_config.xml is that there exist settings for rtmp server, jabber server and node_server. I don't want to make this a post about the map but the general implication I'm trying to hint at is that the map application is audio/video capable, chat/IM capable and most importantly, distributed.

More to the point of this particular thread though is that I have other applications for people to use and one of them is a distributed radio/tv/chat application. Any amount of people could have it on their site and pull their live or otherwise content from other "stations" ie be a talk show host on your own website yet have other sites able to carry your feed. I don't know all the things that someone might want to do - I'm more than happy to work with or help ronpaulradio.com and I'm even happy to donate bandwidth while I can, to whoever needs it, as long as it is for a good cause.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll introduce more applications and all will be available for approved websites, which makes it less than open source and yes I do hope that somebody wants to use my maps, tv station, etc for commercial purposes unrelated to Ron Paul and that they will pay me to get them up and working smoothly. I reserve the right to not provide application updates to sites that I deem "anti-Paul" and I don't want unauthorized distribution of my applications without my consent.

At the moment I am mostly concerned with my map which a couple of senatorial or congressional campaigns are getting ready to use, and I'm making a donation counter application since a lot of people want one but I'm always ready to help if anyone is interested in my tv station app.

Greg.

TVMH
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Actually, I think that any centralized control is not so much bad as prone to manipulation of the nodes. What I think we need is a distributed model - sort of a "bittorrent" of media nodes.

To that end I have started putting up a site designed to promote just this sort of thing. I have been writing software as a hobby for the last 10 years or so and I've developed a number of different applications that I'm going to make available to Ron Paul sites. I have been adapting them to the needs of a few campaigns of Ron Paul candidates and I think that at least a few of them are at the point where I can consider offering them to people for actual use.

I just registered the domain http://opensourceronpaul.com and put up a quick example of one of my applications, a map. The example could be better but it will suffice for demonstrations - I would rather work on actual uses than my imaginary development based demonstration ones where I have to make up data than I don't have.

What you don't see about the map unless you examine the configuration file at http://opensourceronpaul.com/map/main_config.xml is that there exist settings for rtmp server, jabber server and node_server. I don't want to make this a post about the map but the general implication I'm trying to hint at is that the map application is audio/video capable, chat/IM capable and most importantly, distributed.

More to the point of this particular thread though is that I have other applications for people to use and one of them is a distributed radio/tv/chat application. Any amount of people could have it on their site and pull their live or otherwise content from other "stations" ie be a talk show host on your own website yet have other sites able to carry your feed. I don't know all the things that someone might want to do - I'm more than happy to work with or help ronpaulradio.com and I'm even happy to donate bandwidth while I can, to whoever needs it, as long as it is for a good cause.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll introduce more applications and all will be available for approved websites, which makes it less than open source and yes I do hope that somebody wants to use my maps, tv station, etc for commercial purposes unrelated to Ron Paul and that they will pay me to get them up and working smoothly. I reserve the right to not provide application updates to sites that I deem "anti-Paul" and I don't want unauthorized distribution of my applications without my consent.

At the moment I am mostly concerned with my map which a couple of senatorial or congressional campaigns are getting ready to use, and I'm making a donation counter application since a lot of people want one but I'm always ready to help if anyone is interested in my tv station app.

Greg.

we should talk... ;)

contact@ronpaulradio.com

Grimnir
02-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Keep up the good work.

Very entertaining and informative programming.

:D

Great Chat discussions too!

thedude
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I think this is a noble idea. Let the maket decide. There are many internet media sources already, but they don't speak on the ideas I'm partial to. Then there are some that speak on those ideas, I just don't like the way they're presented. Options on where to get your unbias media is a great idea.

The Dude

rexorooter
02-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I would like to urge that we all contact, via e-mail or snail mail every individual that we know who is serving in the military, and inform them of the existence of great patriots in the upper echelons of the military complex that will upon a crisis, stand and defend, via a coup, the constitution of the United States of America. The evil power brokers know this is true and are scared to death, and that when the average enlisted man is informed, their dreams of a one world order will be defeated. Our individual arming is one thing and the military armament is another. Our boys and girls who have sworn an oath to the Constitution, and done so seriously, only need to be enlightened to act accordingly. We are on the march and they are on the run. Contact all currently serving and pass this message to all citizens so they may do the same.

FTL_Ian
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Ron Paul Radio has the right idea. They approached one of the few media entities that actually has some experience at this, Free Talk Live, and invited us to be a part of their effort.

On the other hand, Trevor Lyman has not returned my phone call or e-mail. I won't pretend to know anything about the allegations of him being a scam artist, but I must say they don't make him sound very good.

There is one thing that certainly bothers me and that is that a big todo was made about him joining the Free State Project and being the 500th member in New Hampshire, and now from what I understand he has moved to Los Angeles? To be sure, I've only heard this through the rumor mill, but if it's true it really seems to show a lack of commitment as well as flightiness.

Just the fact that in their most recent e-mail they mention opening a Hollywood studio shows me that they have no idea what they're doing.

I wish them the best of luck in their efforts and hope that they prove me wrong and create the most successful liberty media outlet, ever. Certainly someone can do it better than me.

Highland
03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
To be sure, the new site at www.ronpaulradio.com is unlike any other endeavor out there (that I know of, at least)...if you follow our progress, I think you might be surprised. ;)

Regarding doing things "professionally", I like to look at "other stations" as being different genres...sorta like the alternative rock station vs. the country and western station scenario; this certainly doesn't preclude holding to a schedule, however, most of us at www.ronpaulradio.com don't really like playing ads over and over...but again, the market will decide what it likes best. :D

And again, our endeavor is unlike anything else being proposed (as best as I can tell), so all the old paradigms are out the window, in my opinion.

Either way, thanks for the input. :)

We made two of the ads you guys run....let us know if you need us.

Highland
03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
We made two of the ads you guys run....let us know if you need us.

oh yeah...we are at highlandmediaworks.com

:)

torchbearer
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
oh yeah...we are at highlandmediaworks.com

:)

is it possible to retool those ads for other congressional candidates like myself?
We have some great grassroots commercials, it would be great if they could be retooled in an easy manner.