PDA

View Full Version : Good books

Constitution Supporter
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
How may of you have read or heard about "The Freedom Factor" or "The Alliance" I think they're pretty good books. They are a fictional way of telling what could happen if we loose our freedoms. And after seeing the way this country is going, kind of creeps me out a little about what the future could hold, I mean the books are fiction but...

The Freedom Factor is about--
" What would America be like today without the Constitution?

Bryce Sherwood, a young senatorial aide whose star is rising, is a key player in an attempt to pass an amendment that would eliminate the checks and balances built into the Constitution. When Nathaniel Gorham, one of the original Founding Fathers, appears to him, he is transported into a world where the Constitution was never ratified.

In this strange world of oppression and fear, Bryce begins to learn the true value of the Constitution and the price of freedom. But will he be able to pay that price? Or will it cost him the love of Leslie Adams and her politically powerful family?

Fans of Gerald Lund everywhere will enjoy The Freedom Factor, a gripping novel of courage and love that goes to the heart of the political strategem and maneuvers of present-day Washington, D.C."

The Alliance is about --
"It's 18 years after the end of civilization as we know it. Slowly, ragtag villages of nuclear holocaust survivors are being relocated to a new society known as the Alliance. At first it seems like a dream come true to Eric Lloyd and his family. There is work and safety and food enough to spare. But the trappings of civilization wear thin when Eric learns that the violent human impulses that lead to crime and rebellion are controlled by pain chips surgically implanted in the brain.

Eric vows to destroy the Alliance. But can he have any hope of withstanding the wrath of the Alliance's Major and his computerized Punishment Mode? And what of Eric's growing attraction to Nicole, a Guardian in the Alliance?

Futuristic in setting but timeless in its message, The Alliance makes a stunning statement about agency in a gripping and entertaining way. "

(Also, is this the correct section to post in, some times I get confused where things go)
EDIT: oh and just so i don't plagiarize, I got the book reviews from www.deseretbook.com but you can probably see the books on amazon too.

Constitution Supporter
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
self blimp