PDA

View Full Version : I can convert any neocon in 30 minutes, and the media can't in a year?

Rhys
02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow the journalists suck at informing. Has anyone noticed it takes about 30 minutes of in-depth talking to a neocon to get them to say "hmm maybe" but the media has had a year, and the only people they got were the people who "get it" quickly?

CFR or whatever aside.... it's telling how many media falsities one has to correct to get through to the neocons... again it only takes 30 minutes though.

molly_pitcher
02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I talked to a guy this weekend who had written Paul off because he was "conservative and hates gays". After about 30 minutes he realized that HE HIMSELF was CONSERVATIVE and that Ron Paul did not, indeed, hate gays. He even liked his platform on civil unions. I believe Paul stated we could call them whatever we liked in one interview? It was the fact that Paul didn't want to be involved in it no matter his view that he found so refreshing. He's now a supporter, and he has never voted in a single election.

nate895
02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
I talked to a guy this weekend who had written Paul off because he was "conservative and hates gays". After about 30 minutes he realized that HE HIMSELF was CONSERVATIVE and that Ron Paul did not, indeed, hate gays. He even liked his platform on civil unions. I believe Paul stated we could call them whatever we liked in one interview? It was the fact that he didn't want to be involved in it that he found so refreshing, no matter what his view on it. He's now a supporter, and he has never voted in a single election.

I have a similar story. I have a friend who claims to be a total liberal, but I sat down and talked to him one time and he agreed with everything I said except on the abortion issue and he believes in universal health care, and on that I would be able to convince him on the health care issue pretty quickly. I told him that he really wasn't as liberal as he thought.

I was angry at him when he called Ron Paul a "libertarian quack," though.

Jeremy
02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
It's very simple... the Iraq War is the BIG thing for the election. It hurt us more than anything else in GOP primaries... and it's the reason why McCain won't win in November.