PDA

View Full Version : AOL news admits that MSM smeared Paul.

freedom-maniac
02-20-2008, 04:51 PM
As my colleague, Denise Williams, reported this weekend in an excellent piece entitled "The Cult of Obama?", the latest talking point against Barack Obama's candidacy is that his followers are "creepy" and "cult-like." Almost immediately, these same types of arguments were being copied and pasted all over our message boards by Hillary Clinton's supporters.

The same smear was used successfully against Ron Paul's candidacy, albeit combined with a seemingly willful determination by the mainstream media to completely ignore or glibly dismiss Paul's many successes. It worked because, for Paul's supporters, the argument was an inescapable trap. The only way to spread the message of their underdog candidate was to evangelize. The more they fought against the zealot label, the more zealous they seemed. The more they tried to point out the "Paul Blackout", the more paranoid they sounded.

This latest in a collection of smears against Obama feels similarly elegant, at first blush, but it is doomed to failure. After the jump, I'll explain why, and examine the true cult that exists in American politics today.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/02/18/media-cant-ron-paul-barack-obama/

SimpleName
02-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Tommy Christopher is a good man. Apparently he is the creator of a YouTube talk show. I suppose that is why he realizes what is really going on. Great to see the situation being openly stated several times. Best part is, he writes for AOL...part of the evil media conglomerate Time Warner. HAHAHAHA!

Kludge
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
So isn't it "good" that this is being admitted? It gives good insight to us and others as to why this campaign has gone the way it has.

tgts2000
02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
It is good to see but I don't think anything like this will ever really make any progress unless it actually shows up ON the mainstream media.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-21-2008, 10:06 PM
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone......

"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen. It seizes in its long and powerful tentacles our executive officers, our legislative bodies, our schools, our courts, our newspapers, and every agency created for the public protection. At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties, write political platforms, make catspaws of party leaders, use the leading men of private organizations, and resort to every device to place in nomination for high public office only such candidates as will be amenable to the dictates of corrupt big business. These international bankers and Rockefeller Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and magazines in this country." - John F. Hylan, New York City Mayor 1922

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." - Congressman Oscar Callaway

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries.” – David Rockefeller

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." - William Colby - Former CIA Director

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar weekly salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." - John Swinton, former New York Times Chief of Staff

"These international bankers and Rockefeller Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government." - Theodore Roosevelt

"The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper." - Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Laja
02-21-2008, 10:14 PM
wow, this reminds me of why this whole experience has been so painful and really threw me off balance. that is exactly what happened. ouch!