PDA

View Full Version : Paul has not yet accepted Reno invitation

dmitchell
08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
University of Nevada, Reno Presidential Forum (http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nevada/2007/aug/14/081410068.html)

Sen. Joe Biden has agreed to join New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson at a Democratic presidential forum in Nevada next week but so far there's been no takers for a similar Republican event, organizers said Tuesday.

Sens. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., Barack Obama, D-Ill., and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards have not responded to invitations, school officials said. They also have not received responses from any of the Republicans invited to the GOP forum on Aug. 20 - former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Arizona Sen. John McCain and Texas Rep. Ron Paul.

The GOP forum will focus on "democracy and foreign policy." It will be moderated by William Antholis, managing director of The Brookings Institution and a former economic advisor to the White House and the U.S. State Department during the Clinton administration.

What about this?

Johnnybags
08-14-2007, 06:36 PM
The other nincumpoops say nothing with theor time allotted anyway, why the hell is Rudy still paying for McCains coach tickets. Sad.

lapi7
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
That's not the word I got.

According to RP HQ Ron has already submitted his RSVP. And it is on his official schuedule.

It may "still be up in the air" because none of the other three Republican candidates have signed on yet because they are terrified to debate Dr. Paul on foreign policy (or any issue) in such a limited environment.

UtahApocalypse
08-14-2007, 06:42 PM
That's not the word I got.

According to RP HQ Ron has already submitted his RSVP. And it is on his official schuedule.

It may "still be up in the air" because none of the other three Republican candidates have signed on yet because they are terrified to debate Dr. Paul on foreign policy (or any issue) in such a limited environment.

It is NOT on his schedule, and they have NOT decided yet. Are you confusing this event with the Debate in September? I have heard about 6 different stories the last 3 days and have talked to the campaign as well.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Ya know.... I think Ron should debate the friggin Democrats if he cant get more republicans there.

quickmike
08-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Ya know.... I think Ron should debate the friggin Democrats if he cant get more republicans there.

If that was possible, that would be an EXCELLENT idea. It would show who the only true conservative is that is willing to go into the belly of the beast and take on all the neo-liberals head on.

They would never go for it though..............cowards ya know.