PDA

View Full Version : What is our common culture?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Ron Paul said this morning that his campaign was more of a movement. He represents a movement because he attracts supporters from both ends of the political spectrum -- both liberals and conservatives. So, rather than bicker about our differences as American patriots who cherish the U.S. Constitution, what is our common culture?

bunklocoempire
02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Uncle Emanuel Watkins wrote:
...American patriots who cherish the U.S. Constitution...

I believe you nailed it right here.

Bunkloco

Working Poor
02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Freedom

ronpaulhawaii
02-20-2008, 01:50 PM
REPOST

Quote:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon1.gif Dignity, Diversity, and Style
Dr. Pauls message of July 3rd touched on a subject that we all seem to have been mulling over lately. This campaign is unique in so many ways, perhaps most notably, in the vast range of individual personalities that are enthusiastically attracted to the Hope for America that Dr. Paul represents. People everywhere have been starved to hear commen sense from someone like Ron Paul for a long time. Indeed he is the best candidate we have seen in decades.

Is voter apathy any wonder when the only choice has been some variant of Hillarudy McRomaboma? I, myself, had never voted, until I read about Dr. Paul some years back and realized that decent people can reach high office. Most of my votes have been throw-aways since then...

Now, with a candidate like Ron Paul, people are becoming politically active in droves, completely across all the spectrums. Young and old, conservative and liberal, carnivores and herbivores, rich and poor, protestants and rastafarians, pro-lifers and pro-choicers, the clean-cut and the unkempt, the book smart and the street smart; I could go on and on... One thing, however, I want to emphasize, is that all of these people are true Americans and entitled by natural right to their very own Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness. Some folk think speedos are attractive, I don't have to look. Some folk might not be happy until we are out of Iraq, or a better investigation of 911 is convened. We are all Americans and entitled to our opinions.

What brings us all together is, the intelligence to see the handwriting on the walls, the patriotism to be willing to do something about it, and the recognition of the Hope for America Ron Paul represents; a return to our Constitution which gaurantees, and celebrates, the diversity of personalities represented in our meetups. The diversity which truly is an American Treasure.

So, friends, lets spend less time on appearances, and more on fund raising; less time debating ideology, and more time debating ideas for winning the nomination. Let's all celebrate diversity in our dealings with each other, while we spread the messege of Dr. Paul's special interest; Constitional Integrity.

And let's spread that message with the dignity and respect that is Dr. Paul's due for the lifetime of effort in our behalf.

I wish all a Happy Fouth of July, from the center to the fringe, in all directions.

:)

m

WilliamC
02-20-2008, 02:02 PM
While the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are the obvious choices I can't find anything wrong with this summary of what we are fighting for.

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedom.cfm?fuseaction=creed

THE CREED OF FREEDOM

INTRINSIC NATURE OF RIGHTS
I believe that only individuals have rights, not the collective group; that these rights are intrinsic to each individual, not granted by the state; for if the state has the power to grant them, it also has the power to deny them, and that is incompatible with personal liberty.
I believe that a just government derives its power solely from the governed. Therefore, the state must never presume to do anything beyond what individual citizens also have the right to do. Otherwise, the state is a power unto itself and becomes the master instead of the servant of society.

SUPREMACY OF THE INDIVIDUAL
I believe that one of the greatest threats to freedom is to allow any group, no matter its numeric superiority, to deny the rights of the minority; and that one of the primary functions of just government is to protect each individual from the greed and passion of the majority.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE
I believe that desirable social and economic objectives are better achieved by voluntary action than by coercion of law. I believe that social tranquility and brotherhood are better achieved by tolerance, persuasion, and the power of good example than by coercion of law. I believe that those in need are better served by charity, which is the giving of one's own money, than by welfare, which is the giving of other people's money through coercion of law.

EQUALITY UNDER LAW
I believe that all citizens should be equal under law, regardless of their national origin, race, religion, gender, education, economic status, life style, or political opinion. Likewise, no class should be given preferential treatment, regardless of the merit or popularity of its cause. To favor one class over another is not equality under law.

PROPER ROLE OF GOVERNMENT
I believe that the proper role of government is negative, not positive; defensive, not aggressive. It is to protect, not to provide; for if the state is granted the power to provide for some, it must also be able to take from others, and once that power is granted, there are those who will seek it for their advantage. It always leads to legalized plunder and loss of freedom. If government is powerful enough to give us everything we want, it is also powerful enough to take from us everything we have. Therefore, the proper function of government is to protect the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens; nothing more. That government is best which governs least.

THE THREE COMMANDMENTS OF FREEDOM

The Creed of Freedom is based on five principles. However, in day-to-day application, they can be reduced to just three codes of conduct. I consider them to be The Three Commandments of Freedom:

INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Do not sacrifice the rights of any individual or minority for the assumed rights of the group.

EQUALITY UNDER LAW
Do not endorse any law that does not apply to all citizens equally.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE
Do not use coercion for any purpose except to protect human life, liberty, or property.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Uncle Emanuel Watkins wrote:

I believe you nailed it right here.

Bunkloco

Over the last four elections, I voted the economy on the national level; or, more specifically, I voted for whatever was best concerning the economy of my state which is Texas. So, I voted for Bill Clinton and George Bush twice. I think a lot of us cross this political line because we are just moderate in our views.

There is another political line that is more difficult for people to cross. This line involves the primary purpose of the U.S. Constitution on one side, the civil pursuit of our collective happiness as U.S. citizens. On the other side of this line is the legal purpose of the Constitution which unfortunately entails judging whether or not the U.S. Constitution legally says that our forefathers designed for us a civil purpose in the U.S. Constitution.

In other words, on one side are American patriots who interpret the U.S. Constitution as more valuable than all the money in the world. It is our lightning in a bottle so to speak. In this age of Federal counterfeiting, the U.S. Constitution is the real gold that backs up our wealth. In order to cross a line to realize this, people have to take some painful steps. Because the Federal government has been banktrupt for decades now, we really have nothing to sell but an empty box to get patriots to cross the line. So, we should do no more marketing of the Federal hoax.

In comparison, an American loyalist is someone who values material wealth over the civil purpose in which we have inherited from our forefathers. These people have been enraptured up in a spirit of hatred, not happiness, which endangers the U.S. Constitution. This gratification of hate is only satisfying short term while it requires an expensive legal network. This legal network of tyranny we live today has left us with courtrooms and prisons where if you aren't a law maker, lawyer, judge, police officer, criminal, prisoner, gangster or a member of organized crime, you are left out in the cold.

In other words, we no longer have a civil purpose as married liberals and conservatives with a common culture concerning our collective happiness as Americans. To the contrary, we have divorced ourselves into a legal tyranny.

FrankRep
02-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Ron Paul said this morning that his campaign was more of a movement. He represents a movement because he attracts supporters from both ends of the political spectrum -- both liberals and conservatives. So, rather than bicker about our differences as American patriots who cherish the U.S. Constitution, what is our common culture?

The American ideals of Freedom and Liberty.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-21-2008, 09:49 AM
The American ideals of Freedom and Liberty.

Freedom and Liberty are the only reason any soldier would give up their lives. But that freedom and liberty is nothing but empty words without the civil purpose of happiness that our forefathers designed into the Constition. Being unhappy should be the only reason we Americans go to war, in fact, because the alternative would leave us living in a legal state of tyranny -- much as we do today.
I marvel when the most common replies by our soldiers to the question of what they miss most about America is eating a cheeseburger. We really need to fight to regain our system to the point that we can continue producing cheeseburgers to eat.

jason43
02-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Our agreement that we can disagree without infringing on each others rights.

I have no problem with states like Cali becoming more leftist. Just don't mandate that the country be made the same way via Washington DC.

You do what you want, just leave me out of it.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Freedom

When interpreting our Constitution in regards to our collective happiness, freedom becomes something of substance and not something a sleek salesperson might use to sale us an empty box.
I think freedom is a prerequisite in regards to us having a civil address as well as a legal one. So, we only need enough freedom to choose how we serve our nation while we can preserve this liberty by making sure our civil address takes precedent over our legal address.
A civil address is the place we go when we express our civil happiness. For example, one can find my civil address out in the middle of a lake where I like to go fishing. Fishing makes me happy as an American citizen as it does people from both ends of the political spectrum.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-22-2008, 07:40 AM
REPOST

Quote:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon1.gif Dignity, Diversity, and Style
Dr. Pauls message of July 3rd touched on a subject that we all seem to have been mulling over lately. This campaign is unique in so many ways, perhaps most notably, in the vast range of individual personalities that are enthusiastically attracted to the Hope for America that Dr. Paul represents. People everywhere have been starved to hear commen sense from someone like Ron Paul for a long time. Indeed he is the best candidate we have seen in decades.

Is voter apathy any wonder when the only choice has been some variant of Hillarudy McRomaboma? I, myself, had never voted, until I read about Dr. Paul some years back and realized that decent people can reach high office. Most of my votes have been throw-aways since then...

Now, with a candidate like Ron Paul, people are becoming politically active in droves, completely across all the spectrums. Young and old, conservative and liberal, carnivores and herbivores, rich and poor, protestants and rastafarians, pro-lifers and pro-choicers, the clean-cut and the unkempt, the book smart and the street smart; I could go on and on... One thing, however, I want to emphasize, is that all of these people are true Americans and entitled by natural right to their very own Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness. Some folk think speedos are attractive, I don't have to look. Some folk might not be happy until we are out of Iraq, or a better investigation of 911 is convened. We are all Americans and entitled to our opinions.

What brings us all together is, the intelligence to see the handwriting on the walls, the patriotism to be willing to do something about it, and the recognition of the Hope for America Ron Paul represents; a return to our Constitution which gaurantees, and celebrates, the diversity of personalities represented in our meetups. The diversity which truly is an American Treasure.

So, friends, lets spend less time on appearances, and more on fund raising; less time debating ideology, and more time debating ideas for winning the nomination. Let's all celebrate diversity in our dealings with each other, while we spread the messege of Dr. Paul's special interest; Constitional Integrity.

And let's spread that message with the dignity and respect that is Dr. Paul's due for the lifetime of effort in our behalf.

I wish all a Happy Fouth of July, from the center to the fringe, in all directions.

:)

m

Aman!

Ron Paul is an excellent role model and portal into the meaning of the U.S. Constitution and how it defines us as unique Americans. When expressing a complaint, Ron Paul says things like, "Geeze! Look at what we (the people) are doing? We are lowering the interest rates while we are borrowing money from China . . .." This is no way to sell an empty Federal box of banktrupt goods, no sir! Indeed, this type of responsibility taken by Dr. Ron Paul strikes a bell with supporters from every political persuasion because it exposes how our nation's Constitution has been abducted by a Federal goverment made up of counterfeiting strangers and weirdos. These strange Loyalists have altered our nations civil agenda away from the "pursuit of happiness" towards a more occult agenda "in the best interests of the United States."

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-22-2008, 09:01 AM
While the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are the obvious choices I can't find anything wrong with this summary of what we are fighting for.

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedom.cfm?fuseaction=creed

THE CREED OF FREEDOM

INTRINSIC NATURE OF RIGHTS
I believe that only individuals have rights, not the collective group; that these rights are intrinsic to each individual, not granted by the state; for if the state has the power to grant them, it also has the power to deny them, and that is incompatible with personal liberty.
I believe that a just government derives its power solely from the governed. Therefore, the state must never presume to do anything beyond what individual citizens also have the right to do. Otherwise, the state is a power unto itself and becomes the master instead of the servant of society.

SUPREMACY OF THE INDIVIDUAL
I believe that one of the greatest threats to freedom is to allow any group, no matter its numeric superiority, to deny the rights of the minority; and that one of the primary functions of just government is to protect each individual from the greed and passion of the majority.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE
I believe that desirable social and economic objectives are better achieved by voluntary action than by coercion of law. I believe that social tranquility and brotherhood are better achieved by tolerance, persuasion, and the power of good example than by coercion of law. I believe that those in need are better served by charity, which is the giving of one's own money, than by welfare, which is the giving of other people's money through coercion of law.

EQUALITY UNDER LAW
I believe that all citizens should be equal under law, regardless of their national origin, race, religion, gender, education, economic status, life style, or political opinion. Likewise, no class should be given preferential treatment, regardless of the merit or popularity of its cause. To favor one class over another is not equality under law.

PROPER ROLE OF GOVERNMENT
I believe that the proper role of government is negative, not positive; defensive, not aggressive. It is to protect, not to provide; for if the state is granted the power to provide for some, it must also be able to take from others, and once that power is granted, there are those who will seek it for their advantage. It always leads to legalized plunder and loss of freedom. If government is powerful enough to give us everything we want, it is also powerful enough to take from us everything we have. Therefore, the proper function of government is to protect the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens; nothing more. That government is best which governs least.

THE THREE COMMANDMENTS OF FREEDOM

The Creed of Freedom is based on five principles. However, in day-to-day application, they can be reduced to just three codes of conduct. I consider them to be The Three Commandments of Freedom:

INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Do not sacrifice the rights of any individual or minority for the assumed rights of the group.

EQUALITY UNDER LAW
Do not endorse any law that does not apply to all citizens equally.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE
Do not use coercion for any purpose except to protect human life, liberty, or property.

Fluid Legal System: Precedents that we Americans can take other than through Ammendments (clarifications) made to our Constitution to bring our U.S. government back from legal tyranny towards that of our civil purpose -- "the pursuit of happiness . . .," "in order to create a more perfect union . . .." Examples of such precendents would be the creation of a 2 party system in an effort to combat Federal tyranny by the bringing back of power to the states, the Supreme Court transforming itself from an impotent power that issued only "Writs of Mandimus" to a more established power that now judges the Constitutionality of laws and the expansion of Presidential powers by Abraham Lincoln in order that he might save the Union.

Solid Civil Purpose: The civil purpose designed by our forefathers in regards to U.S. citizens. This civil purpose allows us a realistic possibility to pursue happiness rather than just the idealistic possibility to do so. Because of our fluid legal system we have, our government flows back and forth from time to time between a chaotic legal tyranny towards that of a purposeful civil paradise.

Americans today are living unhappy in a chaotic legal tyranny. We live in a legal network made up of law makers, courtrooms, lawyers, police officers, criminals, prisons, prisoners and gang violence. The offspring produced from the legal tyranny we have set up today is organized crime which is a blended cocktail of every ingredient just mentioned.
The heavy price we pay for voting in such a chaotic legal tyranny as defined above are higher taxes and the loss of our birth right as American citizens. Rather than we be civil "happy" citizens of the United States today, we have become legal "unhappy" clients -- people who are incompetent when representing themselves in legal matters.

Indeed, according to the legal strangers who have abducted the government of our nation, we the people of the United States have become insane in regards to comprehending the complex legal laws and regulations regarding the simple civil purpose designed into the U.S. Constitution by our forefathers regarding our happiness.