PDA

View Full Version : Are you willing to go to prison for freedom?

cybloo
02-20-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm sure we are all aware of the horrors of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform, that McCain touts as being bipartisan (how is that true when both sides are backed by big money with interest in censoring the people).

From Ron Paul's Website:

The ban essentially prohibits any group from airing radio or television ads that cast politicians in a negative light during the critical final months of an election. The ban even carries the possibility of criminal penalties, meaning the Court has endorsed criminalizing political dissent! Incumbent politicians certainly will be the beneficiaries of the new ban, as they no longer have to suffer through ads that criticize their performance.

So, this is my question to you - even with the threat of being labeled a criminal, would you go to prison to defend your belief in our liberties?

If you don't know much about this, please read Ron Paul's article (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/1029/campaign-finance-reform%e2%80%9d-muzzles-political-dissent/) about the issue.

My answer is quite emphatically yes.

newbitech
02-20-2008, 01:18 PM
seems like an oxymoron but I played along and voted yes because of my philosophical stance.

Living in a society that is not free is a prison. So if I take a risk to change that society and it lands me in jail, at least I tried to change it.

Certainly being locked behind bars will severely cripple my ability to effect change in the real world. So I would not choose to go to prison for something that is less than worthy of freedom.

cybloo
02-20-2008, 01:25 PM
seems like an oxymoron but I played along and voted yes because of my philosophical stance.

Living in a society that is not free is a prison. So if I take a risk to change that society and it lands me in jail, at least I tried to change it.

I never thought of it that way - but it makes complete sense. But at least right now we can voice dissent - if it ever came to where it was a punishable crime, I'll do it and hold my wrists out.

Kade
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm willing to die to prevent theocrats from destroying this country.

cybloo
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm willing to die to prevent theocrats from destroying this country.

Amen! :)

LEK
02-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll die first - prison isn't freedom.

FrankRep
02-20-2008, 01:42 PM
You only live once. Do right and fear no one.

integrity
02-20-2008, 01:42 PM

me too. Just like criminals they will come to kidnap me- and one thing I know is you NEVER cooperate with a kidnapper. They just want to get you somewhere safe for them to abuse you.

Dequeant
02-20-2008, 01:44 PM
I won't be going to prison, but i would be willing to fight the powers that be if the time comes.

"You can have my gun when i shove it up your cold dead ass!"
"That cold dead hands crap sounds a little too defeatist for me."

freelance
02-20-2008, 01:46 PM

My thought, exactly. It's a no-brainer.

jillian
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
absolutely not!