PDA

View Full Version : Why is RP 10-25% in Caucuses vs 4-10% in Primaries?

CareerTech1
02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Why is RP 10-25% in Caucuses vs 4-10% in Primaries?

Knightskye
02-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Diebold.

Jeremy
02-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Caucuses have smaller turnout and therefore less stupid people.

Mystile
02-20-2008, 12:43 PM
smaller, more awesome states usually use caucuses.

CountryboyRonPaul
02-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Why is RP 10-25% in Caucuses vs 4-10% in Primaries?

Caucuses tend to be more involved/confusing than primaries. So, it's usually people who really care enough about politics to put up with the BS of a Caucus that even bother to go in the first place.

Primaries are like any other vote, where you hit a button, or put a check next to a name and leave.

Then again, it COULD be Diebold ;)

ClayTrainor
02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
4 completely different answers so far, haha.

Roadrcr
02-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Caucuses take time and a little more effort to attend then walking in and pushing a single button. The people willing to put forth the extra effort usually know what their canidates stand for and have an educated political opinion. Popular vote is just that. Its a fucking game show. Ask an obama supporter or a hillary supporter or a mccain and 9 outta 10 have no clue as to why they want to vote for them or even understand the most basic issues.

CountryboyRonPaul
02-20-2008, 12:48 PM
4 completely different answers so far, haha.

Nah, their pretty similair, cept for the Diebold guy.

Caucuses are smaller cause there's more BS to put up with to elect your guy.

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Caucui and the internet are the only places in the country where you can actually find out what the various candidates stand for. People who hear Ron Paul's positions like him. That's why the MSM are afraid to mention them.

Carole
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, Duh! :eek: Why do you think? After all this is a banana republic.

CareerTech1
02-21-2008, 10:15 AM
i still dont understand how there can be such a fluctuation in the % grab of the vote - why we would get more from a caucus vs a primary

Nyte
02-21-2008, 10:16 AM
less sheep at a caucus.

Ex Post Facto
02-21-2008, 10:21 AM
People say it's voter dedication to their candidate. I would say that would be the simplest guess. After seeing results in other primary states though, you have to wonder, why it is across the states that nearly the same percentage of voters in primaries vote for Ron Paul, whereas in caucus states the percentage fluctuates as it should depending on the state.

SilentBull
02-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Less ignorants participate

kathy88
02-21-2008, 10:25 AM
People say it's voter dedication to their candidate. I would say that would be the simplest guess. After seeing results in other primary states though, you have to wonder, why it is across the states that nearly the same percentage of voters in primaries vote for Ron Paul, whereas in caucus states the percentage fluctuates as it should depending on the state.

THAT is the truth.

spudea
02-21-2008, 10:30 AM
A lot more sheeple come out to vote in primaries. Caucuses are more involved so more lazy sheeple stay home.

yongrel
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Ron Paul has a higher support-to-turnout ratio for caucuses than any other candidate.

Rede
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Caucuses take hours where you have to listen to people talking about ideas and issues which most people won't want to do. They're happy to take 10 minutes to cast an uninformed vote and then feel good about themselves for doing it, but if they have to go listen to people discussing why they're voting and take an evening to get to know about who they're voting for thats just too much to ask.

(I wish it took 3-4 hours to vote everywhere so that only people who were informed and/or really cared showed up.)

Janet0116
02-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Caucuses take hours where you have to listen to people talking about ideas and issues which most people won't want to do. They're happy to take 10 minutes to cast an uninformed vote and then feel good about themselves for doing it, but if they have to go listen to people discussing why they're voting and take an evening to get to know about who they're voting for thats just too much to ask.

(I wish it took 3-4 hours to vote everywhere so that only people who were informed and/or really cared showed up.)

This. From what I understand, at a caucus, you actually have to justify your support for a candidate. The caucus goers actually get to hear real platforms and positions instead of relying on MSM for 10 second soundbites.

acptulsa
02-21-2008, 11:21 AM
This. From what I understand, at a caucus, you actually have to justify your support for a candidate. The caucus goers actually get to hear real platforms and positions instead of relying on MSM for 10 second soundbites.

They make you justify your thinking when you cast your vote for the leader of the world's superpower? Gawd, that's like, so totally bogus. Why would they do that?

CareerTech1
02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
is the answer perhaps what nobody is saying?

WRellim
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Campaign spends BIG bucks in caucus states and $0.00 in primary states.

Candidate also has also typically been traveling to and making campaign appearances having multiple campaign sponsored events in caucus states -- versus ZERO in primary states. (And as a result campaign gets local news coverage in caucus states, versus zero or NEGATIVE local coverage in primary states.)

Understand yet?

icon124
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Diebold.

Exactly