PDA

View Full Version : *Reply needed to an email(s) I just got*

wfd40
02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
The first email:

From powerlineblog.com

Ron Paul's Presidential run made a surprising impact. He was a web favorite-and raised the remarkable total of $20,000,000, mostly on-line. Millions of Republicans saw Paul for the first time; some considered him a principled idealist; others found him creepy.

It seems that a fair number of Paul's constituents have had their eyes opened as well. Paul is facing a strong challenge from an accountant and city councilman named Chris Peden, who currently leads Paul by around ten points in the polls. Roger Simon interviewed Peden and posted a podcast, along with an interesting summary of the interview. Not surprisingly, one difference between Peden and Paul is that Peden supports the administration's national defense efforts. Peden also questions the racially charged, and otherwise controversial, newsletters that Paul sponsored for many years.

End of article:

My comment to William - Ron Paul may not be able to win his own seat back. Can you believe there were people who actually believed this guy could win the Presidency?
My reply:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ft/20080219/bs_ft/fto021920081334359078;_ylt=AozoX8V3CwKFRV6c_RfR1f0 E1vAI

His reply:

William - I appreciate your passion for politics and while - maybe - I should apologize for kicking you while you are down (assuming you are down about not only the failure of your candidate in the presidential race but at his possible loss of his existing seat due to being exposed as an embarrassment to his own district) - you again have lost any opportunity to garnish sympathy.

The link you provided was more of the same. You are not telling me anything I don't already know. Indeed you are practicing exactly what you criticize me for - fear-mongering. If I don't vote Ron Paul - our whole economy will collapse. Again - debate logic seems not to be your strong suit.

Bottom line - do you recognize Ron Paul has lost and lost big time and it's time to move on to the next political battle?

And I beg of you - please don't send me some link to read or some video to watch... Ron Paul lost and since you are my only know link to Ron-u-lan - I'm curious... what's your plan?

Anyone feel like taking this on.. I'm honestly too pissed off right now to string together anything coherent...
:o

WilliamC
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Tell him that even if Ron Paul is elected the economy will still collapse.

The point is to mitigate the damage, not have some miracle man save us.

That's what the other politicians promise to do.

So wouldn't it be better to have him in office when the bad times come, even if only to blame him and not the real culprits?

IRO-bot
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
A. Peden is not popular. His money came from....himself aprox. 90% google it.
B. That poll was an internal poll from Peden's campaign. I.E. Hey mom, dad, bro, sis, who are you voting for.