PDA

View Full Version : Anti-War?

xRedfoxx
08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Last night I saw a national poll talking about almost 60% of those polled wanted to end the war in Iraq. This really sunk in the more I thought about it.

There are so many folks in the Democratic Party that are anti-war, yet their party is not delivering. The Democrats have had several opportunities to end the funding of the war, and I’m sure there are other mechanisms at their disposal if they were serious about the message they preach. I am convinced the leadership of the Democrat Party in fact, do not want to end the war at all. If they did, they would have by now.

So 60% want to end the war. I’m sure this is made up of many Democrats and the Anti-Empire building conservatives. As we have heard, being conservative has nothing to do with being pro-war. Many of us believe that war should be the absolute last choice made when considering the security of our Nation, and that Iraq is not that case.

We have to get the message out that, out of all the candidates running for president in both parties, only Dr. Ron Paul has factually, as a matter of record, opposed the war and has voted as such. He lives what he preaches, unlike our current Democratic leadership.

Those of us supporting Ron Paul are not alone at all on this. In fact, we are in the majority. I feel like we need to continue to work on the straw polls full speed, but those of us that are more active online should really consider taking this very specific message to the Democratic supporters and their blogs.
Matt

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Agreed, I use it as a double-whammy and tioe it into immigration:

"Ron Paul wants to bring our troops home and use them to protect OUR borders, not Iraq's."