PDA

View Full Version : When Congressman Paul is Re-Elected, WE, THE PEOPLE will hire an interior designer

hyoomen
02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Alright, everybody. This is largely a publicity stunt, but one that I can get behind. In another thread somebody jokingly mentioned how Congressman Paul's office needs to be redecorated (70's panel walls?).

When Congressman Paul is reelected to the House, regardless of our impending march to the White House, we need to try and push for some HGN-style show to go redecorate his office. I'm thinking, sunlight (not McCain sunshine) if at all possible, Jefferson/Monticello inspired internal features, comfortable reading and reception area, and a huge flat screen TV with message scrolling by words of encouragement filtered by the grass roots HQs.

It'd be great to get a non-politically-minded entity like some redecoration show to give Congressman Paul some free air time and promote the ideas of liberty through decor.

PauliticsPolitics
02-20-2008, 11:19 AM
At first I thought this was dumb, but it's really not that bad of an idea.

BUUUUUT!!!!
Winning the congressional election and pushing to the presidential convention are the primary goals.

RP doesn't have time for this right now, but these kinda stunts could help in the off- time to get our idea-man into the public eyes (the eyes glued to the tv atleast).

nullvalu
02-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I like this idea. Let's follow up on that post-November.

hyoomen
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Exactly. I'm not talking about distracting from the overarching goals, but this is somewhat akin to the idea of getting the man into a new suit for debates.

And it is a fun way to blow off steam in between watching Milton Friedman videos and listening to mises.org audiobooks.

nullvalu
02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Why was this thread given 1 star?

Mopsus
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Extreme Paul makeover....I like it! Can we get Ty Pennington involved? He seems like a Libertarian type of guy.

-lotus-
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
i kinda like this idea, regardless of what happens in november.

SwanMaiden
02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I like it. I especially like the idea of the flat screen TV that scrolls encouraging messages from his supporters.:):):)

RPfan
02-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Good idea!

syborius
02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
yeah, get the ***** eye for the straight guy guys on him haha...that would bring in the liberal vote im sure :eek:

jlaker
02-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Love the idea. His office is way out dated and does need a little TLC.

Agora
02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
omg that's his office. If he likes it, fine with me.

bulloncoins
02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
omg that's his office. If he likes it, fine with me.

I agree. Some people are so pretentious. And just down right rude. :mad:

hyoomen
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
First and foremost it was meant in jest.

Second, he carries his can o' soup in a brown paper bag to his office. Would it be pretentious if supporters wanted to offer him a huge, healthy meal cooked by a gourmet chef as well? We can pamper him a little bit because he doesn't want the government to do it for him. That is deserving.

At any rate, it would obviously be up to him. I assume he just has little energy/time to invest in such a thing.

libertythor
02-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Ron may not care for that.

jlaker
02-20-2008, 06:05 PM
He may not or he may, whose to say. I think the above is true in that he does not want the people to pay for it. I still like the Idea.

ladyliberty
02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I think as long as it is all paid for with PRIVATE funds and not Gomment Funds it is a great idea!