PDA

View Full Version : How To Vote For Ron Paul

RonPaul4President
05-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I am not yet a U.S. citizen, although, after almost 5 years of going through the LEGAL immigration process, I just applied for naturalization. Yay me. I am so excited that I will soon be able to vote for the first time and it will be for Ron Paul.

My question is, how does one vote for Ron Paul, specifically? As many of you may know, you aren't handed a ballot with 2 choices for president so please inform new voters like myself how one goes about voting so that Ron Paul is elected President of the United States of America?

Shii
05-24-2007, 07:30 PM
You have to register to vote, which you can usually do online, and in many states you must register Republican to vote in the Republican primaries. Then you just head to your nearest polling station on primary day.

The usual website for doing this is https://www.govote.org/

theblatanttruth
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I am not yet a U.S. citizen, although, after almost 5 years of going through the LEGAL immigration process, I just applied for naturalization. Yay me. I am so excited that I will soon be able to vote for the first time and it will be for Ron Paul.

My question is, how does one vote for Ron Paul, specifically? As many of you may know, you aren't handed a ballot with 2 choices for president so please inform new voters like myself how one goes about voting so that Ron Paul is elected President of the United States of America?

I'm not sure if a naturalized citizen's procedure is the same, but you must first register to vote as a Republican, and get your voters registration card. That's the part that makes me feel weird because I'm a life long democrat - but my personal political stance means NOTHING in the face of saving this country, and Ron Paul is the means.

rpliving
05-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Make sure you do it as soon as possible because the first time I registered it took over a year for them to process/.

mdh
05-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Ye-ouch! It took me less than three weeks to get my voting card back after sending in my app when I moved here to WV.

theblatanttruth
05-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Ye-ouch! It took me less than three weeks to get my voting card back after sending in my app when I moved here to WV.

Ah.... good ol' Dubvee :D

peruvianRP
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
When you naturalized you'll get a form / application to registration I guess to vote.

Lesgov
05-24-2007, 09:17 PM
In New Hampshire you can register as undeclared, and vote in either the Democrat or Republican (but not both).

Elwar
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I'd suggest everyone vote using an absentee ballot. You'll probably need to look into it months in advance and submit it ahead of time.

This will be the only way we're assured a paper trail.