PDA

View Full Version : Sabrin Comes Out Swinging

SabrinForSenate
02-20-2008, 09:36 AM
From the LRC Blog:

Sabrin Comes Out Swinging
Posted by Max Raskin at February 19, 2008 07:13 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019509.html

In a press release that has been widely distributed, U.S. Senate candidate (and LRC-columnist) Murray Sabrin, has struck political gold. By defining himself as the true limited government candidate against his (liberal) primary challenger, Anne Estabrook, Sabrin has begun to position himself as the GOP frontrunner. No other candidate will be able to raise the funds or support, and all Estabrook can do is pull a Mitt by dumping millions into her campaign. She has no real support.

What does this mean?

For the first time, it looks as though a Ron Paul Republican has a real shot at election. It will be tough and without the grassroots support, nothing will get done; but Sabrin is the guy to do it. He will get up, debate incumbent Frank Lautenberg (84), and absolutely demolish the poor guy. Help Sabrin send a message to Estabrook and the NJ GOP. If you can't donate, direct anyone interested in seeing a Ron Paul-endorsed candidate to Sabrin's website.

Here's the text of the letter:

Our current liberal U.S. Senator, Frank Lautenberg, is up for re-election this November and he is extremely vulnerable. A recent poll showed that 57% of New Jersey voters do NOT want him to continue. This is our best chance to elect a Republican to the U.S. Senate in a generation. So it is critical we select a conservative to represent the Republican Party in November.

Consider:
1. What if I contacted you and asked you to send a major donation to Senator John Kerry who was running against President George W. Bush? You would think I was a liberal democrat.
2. What if I contacted you during the 2005 Gubernatorial race here in New Jersey and asked you to send a major donation to the New Jersey State Democratic Party? You would think I was a very liberal democrat.
3. What if I asked you to send a major donation to Congressman Bob Menendez, who ran against Senator Tom Kean, Jr. for the United States Senate in 2006? You would think I was an extremely liberal democrat.
4. And what if I told you the person I am running against in the Republican Primary to take on Frank Lautenberg did 1,2 and 3? You would think I was joking!
Unfortunately, I am dead serious. Anne Estabrook, who inherited a real estate fortune donated thousands of dollars to Menendez, Kerry, and other New Jersey Democrats, and is now asking for you to support her as a "Republican" against me.

Unless you are a liberal Democrat who has received her cash, you've probably never heard of her. Over the past thirty years of conservative activism, I've never once seen her at a single event prior to this year. But, this is a free country – if she wants to run, that's her right. But it is our responsibility to make sure she does not buy the Primary!

In 2004, Anne Estabrook donated $1,000 to Democratic Senator John Kerry. This is the same John Kerry who has opposed securing our nation by building a fence along the Mexican border!

In 2005, Anne Estabrook donated $500 to Democratic Governor Jon Corzine through the New Jersey Democratic State Committee. This is the same Jon Corzine who has caused massive tax hikes throughout New Jersey and is proposing more taxes as the solution to our economic security.

In 2005, Anne Estabrook donated $500 to Democratic Assemblywoman Linda Stender, who happens to be the Deputy Speaker of the Assembly. This is the same Linda Stender who ran against Congressman Mike Ferguson for Congress and who has opposed the educational reforms necessary to help secure our children's future like tax credits for parents. These reforms will bring competition to the failed educational bureaucracy.

Anne Estabrook's liberal Democratic activism dates back to 2000 when she donated $1,000 to Democratic Congressman Bob Menendez. This is the same Bob Menendez who ran against Tom Kean, Jr. when we had a great chance to retake the United States Senate. The Republicans lost control of the United States Senate by ONE vote!

Is this the track record of an individual who deserves to even be considered by hardworking Republican activists for our Party's nomination? She is a Democratic wolf wrapping herself in Republican sheep clothing. We cannot let her millions of dollars fool the Republican Primary voters.

Over my 30 year career, I have worked tirelessly about the issues that concern New Jersey taxpayers: securing our nation by protecting our borders, securing our economic freedom by reducing taxes and regulations, and securing the future of our children by improving education through educational tax credits. I have been to thousands of Republican clubs, forums, meetings throughout New Jersey and the country working to move this agenda forward.

We know where Anne Estabrook stands on the issues: with John Kerry, Bob Menendez and Jon Corzine. With me, you know where I stand on the issues – we stand together!

Please join my campaign and together we can win the U.S. Senate. I would like your endorsement and your support. Please fill out the attached form and send it back to me.

Sincerely,
Dr. Murray Sabrin
Republican Candidate for U.S. Senate

P.S. Please visit my website, www.MurraySabrin.com to learn more about the campaign.

CaptBookbag
02-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I have several Republican co-workers interested in Sabrin, but they want to know why they shouldn't vote for Jersey Joe Pennachio instead.

Could you please outline the differences between Sabrin and Pennachio?

SabrinForSenate
02-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I have several Republican co-workers interested in Sabrin, but they want to know why they shouldn't vote for Jersey Joe Pennachio instead.

Could you please outline the differences between Sabrin and Pennachio?
Yeah sure.

The first difference comes in actual electability; like it or not, people care about voting for someone who is able to win. Pennacchio is simply unable to raise the funds and garner the support necessary to win the Republican nomination. But even if he did, there is ZERO chance for him to beat Lautenberg. Pennacchio is the typical neoconservative who offers nothing new or interesting to the people of NJ. Unlike Sabrin, he is not a particularly effective debater and will get creamed by Lautenberg.

Issues-wise, Sabrin is much more consistent and principled in his support of limited government than Pennacchio. Sabrin has an understanding of monetary policy and wants to repeal the income tax, expose the Federal Reserve, and get rid of the IRS. This definitely will appeal to NJ conservatives who are overtaxed and overregulated.

Sabrin is 100% opposed to Roe v. Wade and is staunchly pro-life.

He believes the Second Amendment means what it says. As the son of a Jew who was part of the underground fighting the Nazis, he understands that an individual right to bear arms is necessary for the survival of the freedoms of a people. He will never regulate a person's right to bear arms.

Unlike Pennacchio he REALLY wants to limit the size of the federal government. Pennacchio will act like every other Republican...Sabrin wants to abolish the Dept of Education and Energy; he is serious about cutting spending.

Also, Sabrin is against nation-building and foreign aid. He follows Jefferson and Washington in the belief that it is WRONG to force one person to pay for another's charity.

What it comes down to is Sabrin is for freedom...freedom in education (make it local/provide tax credits)...freedom in the economy...basically freedom from government. If your friends have any interest in limited government conservatism, Sabrin is their guy.

CaptBookbag
02-21-2008, 11:00 AM
thanks for your quick reply.

SabrinForSenate
02-21-2008, 11:13 AM
thanks for your quick reply.

I mean really what it comes down to is Sabrin will be like a Reagan, whereas Pennacchio will be like his VP Bush. Sabrin is for seriously challenging the status quo.

What other kinds of things do you want to know? I'm happy to answer anything.

CaptBookbag
02-21-2008, 04:08 PM
What other kinds of things do you want to know? I'm happy to answer anything.

what do you call those little plastic things at the end of your shoelaces?

SabrinForSenate
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
what do you call those little plastic things at the end of your shoelaces?

Aglets.

Does that warrant a donation to Sabrin's campaign?

CaptBookbag
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Aglets.

Does that warrant a donation to Sabrin's campaign?

I would have accepted "aguillette" as well, for those keeping score at home.

I was planning on donating anyway on 2/29. The real problem at hand is converting my coworkers. They disagree with Paul's foreign policy, but agree with everything else he has to say. None of them voted for him in the primary (2 for Romney, 1 for Giuliani) because Paul "blames America" for 9/11. You should see some of the arguments over email that have been exchanged. I would post parts of them but I believe your head would explode if you examine their rationale on such topics.

Laja
02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
People are wondering why they shouldn't vote for Jersey Joe Pinocchio?? Good heavens, look at his nose for the answer!