PDA

View Full Version : RP CNN Article - front page

Meekus
02-20-2008, 09:13 AM
"Paul Vows to Press On"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) – Despite single digit showings in the Wisconsin and Washington State primaries Tuesday night, Ron Paul told CNN Wednesday he has no plans to drop his presidential bid.

"I will stay in as long as my supporters want me to," the Texas congressman said on American Morning Wednesday. "I was very reluctant to enter the race, didn't think it would last more than a month or two, but to my amazement, we literally got hundreds of thousands of supporters and millions of dollars, and they are still very enthusiastic. And I say as long as the number of volunteers continues to grow, and the money comes in, and there are primaries out there, and they want me to be involved, I am going to stay involved."

Paul, who won 5 percent of the vote in Wisconsin and 7 percent in Washington State, also said he believes his unlikely candidacy has attracted like-minded individuals who want to run for Congress.

"One of my problems now is that I am being overwhelmed with individuals who want to [run] and I have the responsibility of sorting it out because we are capable of raising funds," he said. "So it is a responsibly that will be a significant one for me to make sure I help the candidates that are true believes and not just the ones who want to be in Congress."

Paul announced earlier this month he was scaling back his presidential run to focus on his Texas district and the reelection race he faces there. He also categorically ruled out a third party bid in the future.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Bruno
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Bump.
And go leave comments. They have to publish at least some of them. :-)