PDA

View Full Version : Theory with the mainstream media

mello
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
I think there will be a resurgence of interviews with Ron Paul since the mainstream media has marginalized his chances for this election. I've been noticing more substantive interviews from the Texas Super-Highway to trade with Cuba. And they have polls that agree with Dr. Paul's positions after the interviews as well.

Damn MSM!

Bruno
02-20-2008, 09:00 AM
I think there will be a resurgence of interviews with Ron Paul since the mainstream media has marginalized his chances for this election. I've been noticing more substantive interviews from the Texas Super-Highway to trade with Cuba. And they have polls that agree with Dr. Paul's positions after the interviews as well.

Damn MSM!

I agree.

While it is an outrage that this didn't happen far sooner, and the whole campaign would have been different, it is still great for the movement and the message to get out.

Brokered convention!!

Highstreet
02-20-2008, 09:07 AM
You are probably right

ToryNotion
02-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I'd like to see some non-internet polling on lifting the embargo on cuba. I think we've proved that we can have a major influence on internet polls so i'm not sure how much faith i'd put in this one. I can see support for lifting the embargo from the left and from libertarians and free marketeers but I think most everyone else is inclined to say whatever their leaders say and that spin is that castro out of the picture means little change and therefore the embargo stays in place. The Cuban immigrant community in Florida is a very vocal minority and well connected politically.

ToryNotion
02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Theres a very good article on www.lewrockwell.com today by Gary North about why those with libertarian views never get elected to high office. By extension their voice is hardly heard in the media. The media is pro-state so very little anti-state rhetoric is going to get on the airwaves as conditions stand now.

Sarge
02-20-2008, 09:20 AM
The only reason they are likely giving him some time is to keep their ratings up between now and the rest of the states voting. They will cut him off again as it gets closer.

I do hope his interview on Lou Dobbs was seen by Texans, and it helps him in his race in Texas.

I am no longer willing to play their games to get us to watch, at the end of a program, when they give him 10 seconds. They announce him being on at the beginning of the show and hold him until the end. They know we will let every one know, tune in, and then string all for an hour or more.

Not me anymore.

IPSecure
02-20-2008, 09:26 AM
The only reason they are likely giving him some time is to keep their ratings up between now and the rest of the states voting. They will cut him off again as it gets closer.

I do hope his interview on Lou Dobbs was seen by Texans, and it helps him in his race in Texas.

I am no longer willing to play their games to get us to watch, at the end of a program, when they give him 10 seconds. They announce him being on at the beginning of the show and hold him until the end. They know we will let every one know, tune in, and then string all for an hour or more.

Not me anymore.

I Agree.

freelance
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
It's already happening.