PDA

View Full Version : Message from David Simpson - LA Congressional Candidate District #1

bigsid920
02-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Learn more at http://davidsimpson.us/platform.shtml

Politicians, the Boy Who Cried Wolf and Other Liars
By David Simpson

While precinct canvassing the other day, I encountered a fellow who said flatly, “I don’t vote. I don’t believe in it.” Wanting to visit the many households that do vote, I didn’t waste time debating the point, thanked him for his time and went on.
With national voting participation near all-time lows many people apparently share this man’s sentiments. And why shouldn’t they? Year in and year out those George Washington sounding, “conservative” candidates instantaneously transform into Benedict Arnold liberal stalwarts once elected. And the liberty-loving, self-reliant American patriot, thus betrayed, refuses to show up next election. What a loss for our country!
But as my recent fortune cookie advised, “A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.” We must care again. We must believe again if we are to save this country. “But we’ve been lied to so many times. Why should we believe you, David?”
You shouldn’t. Thomas Jefferson was right when he said, “Let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” You should have no allegiance to me per se. Rather you should expect and receive the principles of deliberation that I promise to base each legislative proposal that comes before me, namely:

1. Is it constitutional? If not, I will oppose the legislation. If it is then,

2. Can we afford it? At 9 trillion dollars of national debt nearly every proposal, but
the most necessary, will fail this test. Therefore, I will only support legislation
that does NOT add to our current debt and will begin the process of reforming
our government to its proper size so that our debt can be retired. If the
proposal passes the above conditions then,

3. Is the proposed act best done at the federal, state, local or private level? If, and
only if, the proposed law would be beneficial to the common good of the nation
would I support it. Otherwise I would send it back to the States and the people
for local or private action.

If I ever violate those principles, I expect you to fire me. Prove to me that I knowingly violated those principles and I’ll fire myself.
A statesman’s strength is his adherence to objective principles, his courage to stand up for the public good and his restraint in the use of the power with which he has been entrusted. I want to go to Washington to re-establish statesmanship and to expose (and help defeat) the phony politicians who are wrecking this country.
But I can not do it without you nor without those who have dropped out and stopped believing they can make a difference. We now face a mortal danger to our country with out-of-control spending that will soon land us in hyperinflation. The other candidates are certain to disappoint as they have already advocated various unconstitutional programs and increases in spending despite their “conservative” rhetoric.
Before the election on March 8th, I ask you to email this message to five concerned citizens and ask them to do the same and so on until we have blanketed the 1st Congressional District. Let’s wake up every concerned citizen, get them believing in the message, not the man and “secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.” (Preamble of Constitution).

jlaker
02-20-2008, 08:15 AM
yeah, I ran into someone at the bank who said they dont vote in primary's because they don't want to be on a jury duty list.