PDA

View Full Version : Ron to be on CNN 8:15am EST to talk about Cuba

Thanehand
02-20-2008, 04:13 AM
FYI: It's about 5:12am EST and the host on CNN said that Ron would be on at about 8:15 (I assume a.m.) to talk about Cuba and Castro.

I'll gonna try to setup my DVR so I can YouTube it, but someone is welcome to do the same just in case :)

zeegrim
02-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Nice, thanks for letting us know. I'll try to watch it, no means of recording it though.

LandonCook
02-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Why Cuba! He isn't going to win votes that way!

gregb
02-20-2008, 04:57 AM
Why Cuba! He isn't going to win votes that way!

No, no, Cuba is completely the way to go. Nothing wrong with Cuba. I mean, when you see how MSM doesn't want people to know about Ron Paul except for he has no chance - but I'm sure that Cuba has been portrayed in a true light (heavy sarcasm).

The news of course is Fidel and I don't care what you say about Fidel, the man cares for his people and I'd love to see him endorse Ron Paul and say that he felt that if Ron Paul were President and the USA were to adhere to the type of foreign policy of a Paul government, that relations between Cuba and the USA could be normal country/country again (or for the first time).

I'd love him (Castro) to say that he sees that Ron Paul cares for his people. As far as I'm concerned Cuba has done a first rate job of surviving under great injustice by which I mean US foreign policy.

I'd rather have Castro's endorsement any day than that of George Bush. At least Castro offered to have 1000's of rescue workers to New Orleans to help which just the offering is a dozen times more than Bush ever cared.

thuja
02-20-2008, 05:03 AM
No, no, Cuba is completely the way to go. Nothing wrong with Cuba. I mean, when you see how MSM doesn't want people to know about Ron Paul except for he has no chance - but I'm sure that Cuba has been portrayed in a true light (heavy sarcasm).

The news of course is Fidel and I don't care what you say about Fidel, the man cares for his people and I'd love to see him endorse Ron Paul and say that he felt that if Ron Paul were President and the USA were to adhere to the type of foreign policy of a Paul government, that relations between Cuba and the USA could be normal country/country again (or for the first time).

I'd love him (Castro) to say that he sees that Ron Paul cares for his people. As far as I'm concerned Cuba has done a first rate job of surviving under great injustice by which I mean US foreign policy.

I'd rather have Castro's endorsement any day than that of George Bush. At least Castro offered to have 1000's of rescue workers to New Orleans to help which just the offering is a dozen times more than Bush ever cared.

i agree! this would really be something, and people would love it!

jrich4rpaul
02-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up

gregb
02-20-2008, 05:33 AM
I wonder what Castro would do if he were presented with a petition/plea signed by one million of his US neighbors who want their country to pursue a sane foreign policy asking Fidel to endorse Ron Paul?

ButchHowdy
02-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Perhaps HQ should buy Cuba - I'll move there!

Working Poor
02-20-2008, 06:17 AM
I don't know ya'll Americans are conditioned to think Castro is bad. It could hurt Ron's campaign to get an endorsement from him.

ValidusCustodiae
02-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Yep .. the neo cons would exclaim, "We all knew RP was a commie".

Regardless of the reality, most Americans view Castro as an enemy... many even think the man is down right evil. At least he saw to it that his people received decent medical care. What an evil dictator! Lol. (Not that I'm in favor of socialized medicine, but if it works anywhere, it works in Cuba.)

ToyBoat
02-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Is there a live stream to this by chance?

slamhead
02-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Can't believe what I am reading here. Castro endorse Ron Paul? WTF. Castro is not a bad guy? He is only the anti Ron Paul of the world. Castro must really love his people...they all got a free toaster oven from him a few years back. I am starting to wonder how many of you have El Che t-shirts.

The idea of normalizing relations with Cuba is not to legitimize communism or Castro but to spread freedom and democracy via emulation.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Can't believe what I am reading here. Castro endorse Ron Paul? WTF. Castro is not a bad guy? He is only the anti Ron Paul of the world.

Seriously.

Castro is a horrible man.

Kilrain
02-20-2008, 07:08 AM

Congratulations, you make no sense! Castro? I mean, Castro?!!! :eek:

crhoades
02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Notice the Defender of Freedom award behind him.

me3
02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Very important for Dr. Paul to stay on TV. The campaign has earned him the opportunity to be on more news segments, and provide commentary.

This is why it is so important to make sure he at the very least, retains his house seat. We need to keep him fighting for us.

Eric21ND
02-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Awesome little Ron Paul segment there.

Austin
02-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Anyone care to provide a summary, I'm at school..

jufreese
02-20-2008, 07:24 AM
the main focus was why he was staying in the race, not about Cuba, but he did do a good job of explaining why we need to remove sanctions

then they showed a poll and said most people agree with RP about cuba

ButchHowdy
02-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Anyone care to provide a summary, I'm at school..

1.) Sanctions don't work
2.) Ron needs his office redecorated. He still has 1970's wood paneling - how gauche!

Mopsus
02-20-2008, 07:29 AM
1.) Sanctions don't work
2.) Ron needs his office redecorated. He still has 1970's wood paneling - how gauche!

I have to agree. But the man makes sense and is old school. Good interview.

Ron Repaint Bomb anyone. J/K. :)

Agora
02-20-2008, 07:32 AM
and he did a good job pointing out the difference between his message and so-called-change: "young people know..."

RollOn2day
02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
TUUUUUBE!

I'd rather have Castro's endorsement any day than that of George Bush.

Yeah maybe we could get Hugo Chavez to endorse Ron Paul as well. Then we'ld be in the drivers seat!:eek:

C'mon folks. First off, Castro is probably on ice in the back warehouse and this is just an attempt to ease into another dictatorship. He's not going to be endorsing anyone....he didnt even endorse his brother if ya know what I mean. Why? probably because he is stiff as a board! Hard to talk with rigor mortis don't cha know.

But anyway, I'll take the TV time! Personally I'ld like the endorsement of ourselves by getting back on the national campaign trail and start holding a rally or two in upcoming states and how about some interviews and speeches?:confused:

Patrick
02-20-2008, 08:07 AM
youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BaXQUwZ66_Y

AdamT
02-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks!

Chester Copperpot
02-20-2008, 08:31 AM
good stuff

VRP08
02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
thank you for youtube! :D

Ninja Homer
02-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks! That was a good interview. For those that haven't seen it yet, there's a lot more than just Cuba talk.

Phantom
02-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks Patrick.

Bruno
02-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Awesome interview!

My favorite part - "I couldn't stop this movement if I tried!"

Truth Warrior
02-20-2008, 08:51 AM
For the Youtube challenged:

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080220005764&newsLang=en

Join The Paul Side
02-20-2008, 09:08 AM
youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BaXQUwZ66_Y

I very much appreciate the Toobage and link, Patrick. Thanks! :D

jasonuher
02-20-2008, 09:12 AM
ooooooohhhh, sorry. John McCain farted, we're going to cover that instead....

Anyeong
02-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Seriously.

Castro is a horrible man.

No he isn't, this man should be praised by every freedom lover in america, he's conquered and foiled most of our attempts to over throw him, whether it be by pressure with military force, or CIA. To keep in power, you have no idea what things he has to do to do it. He would've been gone llllllonnnnnnnng time ago if he sold out his people, and I don't mean the cuban traitors that went to america and became successful cause of their education background and ties with business partners in the u.s.

Cinderella
02-20-2008, 09:30 AM
good stuff....thanks

gregb
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
No he isn't, this man should be praised by every freedom lover in america, he's conquered and foiled most of our attempts to over throw him, whether it be by pressure with military force, or CIA. To keep in power, you have no idea what things he has to do to do it. He would've been gone llllllonnnnnnnng time ago if he sold out his people, and I don't mean the cuban traitors that went to america and became successful cause of their education background and ties with business partners in the u.s.

In addition he (cuba) acted exactly how Ron Paul said that people would during Katrina. He offered help because they had trained personel available and ready. He didn't ask for repayment and he offered to supply resources to his emergency workers that he would send.

Plus, he puts his money where his mouth is. Cuban doctors went to Argentina and did thousands of eye operations for free and he offered to do the same for US citizens - he even offered to put them up in Cuba or to pick them up in Florida. Of course the Bush admin said no they'd rather have 10,000 Americans go blind but there is no doubt in my mind that if the USA had allowed him to do it that he would have.

He is a great man, and we are unlikely to see his equal again.

freelance
02-20-2008, 09:49 AM

I'm sure a Fidel endorsement is just what the doctor ordered. That ought to win a TON of votes.

gregb
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm sure a Fidel endorsement is just what the doctor ordered. That ought to win a TON of votes.

Probably not, if it were just Fidel's. Now if North Korea and Iran's leaders would endorse him too then I figure it would sort of prove Dr Paul's statements of how negotiation can make friends ala Vietnam while military aggression and government overthrow makes enemies.

I mean, isn't that Dr Paul's point? You can't have Dr Paul's way of thinking and still maintain the same old way of thinking where countries that don't roll over for the USA are automatically bad.

LibertyEagle
02-20-2008, 10:03 AM

heh

sajorojas
02-20-2008, 10:04 AM

Yeah, and we are doing so well with votes.

Grandson of Liberty
02-20-2008, 10:04 AM
then they showed a poll and said most people agree with RP about cuba

Gee, what a shocker. I think most people agree with Ron Paul. They just don't know he exists. Thanks media- your time is coming.

Working Poor
02-20-2008, 10:05 AM
I was impressed with with the CNN coverage this morning thanks CNN

slamhead
02-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Probably not, if it were just Fidel's. Now if North Korea and Iran's leaders would endorse him too then I figure it would sort of prove Dr Paul's statements of how negotiation can make friends ala Vietnam while military aggression and government overthrow makes enemies.

I mean, isn't that Dr Paul's point? You can't have Dr Paul's way of thinking and still maintain the same old way of thinking where countries that don't roll over for the USA are automatically bad.

Ahh...I think you missed some sarcasm on freelancer's part.

RP4Pres2008
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Great stuff...awesome they showed that poll too!

Lisa S
02-20-2008, 10:54 AM
He did an excellent job. Very fair interview.

gregb
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Ahh...I think you missed some sarcasm on freelancer's part.

No, no, I thought it (the sarcasm) was funny too - so I was agreeing when I said "probably not", not trying to dash the hopes of an enthusiastic someone who really, truly thought that a Castro endorsement would ensure the nomination.

tommyzDad
02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Why? probably because he is stiff as a board! Hard to talk with rigor mortis don't cha know.

Well hell, if Al Gore can do it, why not Fidel. ;)