PDA

View Full Version : Which Upcoming State Can We Lock Down for Ron Paul?

The Proservative
02-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Having quite a few primaries left in the country, Ron Paul promising to not drop out of the race, let's really test our strength as a group, and pinpoint one particular state to win for Ron Paul and our Revolution.

Although all state primaries are important, let's pick one state that we have at least 1-2 months to ramp up with, concentrate on that one state...ALL OF US.

One victory in one state would be extremely symbolic, not to mention worth it in delegates, to send a message that indeed Ron Paul is a winner. I am confident that if we all focused our extra energies on one state, canvassed the hell out of it, called them with the Ron Paul message, drove people to polling places, appointed polling "officials" to make sure the voters get to vote, etc...WE CAN WIN A STATE.

This would also give our delegates in the upcoming brokered convention something to talk about, point at, show them what a collective effort spearheaded by the man, Ron Paul, can accomplish.

What is the consensus of the states available, state most likely to give Ron Paul a win, preferably a state that uses paper ballots, and at least 1-2 months away (2 months would be better).

Let's win a state for Ron Paul and for the Revolution...WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER...NO PROBLEM.

pacelli
02-20-2008, 01:23 AM
What would the proservative party predict?

The Proservative
02-20-2008, 01:29 AM
What would the proservative party predict?

A true Proservative would put the question to a democratic vote...that's what I did. :) And, there is no Proservative party, just a movement. We're still behind RP 200% , Proservative Republicans.

South Dakota - June 3 ?

ValidusCustodiae
02-20-2008, 01:32 AM
North Carolina has a strong Ron Paullowing... and a good chunk of delegates =)

The Proservative
02-20-2008, 01:37 AM
North Carolina has a strong Ron Paullowing... and a good chunk of delegates =)

Do you have any numbers, poll results?

I was thinking SD because it's far out enough to give us time to organize, and RP commands a solid following in that area. Maybe some people are thinking of MOVING to SD in the next few months?

ValidusCustodiae
02-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Do you have any numbers, poll results?

I was thinking SD because it's far out enough to give us time to organize, and RP commands a solid following in that area. Maybe some people are thinking of MOVING to SD in the next few months?

Maybe we should focus on a caucus state? Just an idea, we always do better in those.

The Proservative
02-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Yeah, that would work too. Can anyone work up something listing the upcoming primaries that are at least a 6-8 weeks out, correlate some data with each, maybe vote on them...html?

DOES ANYONE THINK WE CAN ACTUALLY WIN A STATE?

Good, so do I...SO LET'S WIN ONE!

The Proservative
02-20-2008, 02:06 AM
I just checked, no more Caucus states for Republicans left. I think we can take either Idaho (May 27), Oregon (May 20), and/or South Dakota (June 3).

The other states are: Kentucky, Hawaii, Nebraska, North Carolina, Indiana, and Pennsylvania...all giving us at least 2 months to work.

Any takers?

robert4rp08
02-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Pennsylvania (April 22nd)... he grew up in Pittsburgh, and delegates are 100% unbound.

losinglife
02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Pennsylvania (April 22nd)... he grew up in Pittsburgh, and delegates are 100% unbound.

basically... specially if we can get the home town advantage goin here in pittsburgh.

The hard part is frickin EVERYONE is a god damn democrat.

abe447
02-20-2008, 07:42 AM
McCain will win Pennsylvania. I don't think Paul can win any state left to be honest with you. His numbers have actually been going down and that shouldn't happen when we thin the field. Idaho is probably the best shot though.

kathy88
02-20-2008, 07:51 AM
In PA the major citis (Philadelphia and Pittsburgh) are hugely democratic, but all the rural counties are largely republican. I live in one of the most sparsely populated counties and RON PAUL IS HERE. There are signs EVERYWHERE.

DFF
02-20-2008, 08:03 AM
He won't win any future states for the same reason he didn't any past states - vote fraud.

Until the machines are done away with, we return to paper ballots and the ballots are counted in the presence of representatives from all presidential/senatorial/congressional candidates; we'll never has a fair election in this country.

robert4rp08
02-20-2008, 02:16 PM
McCain will win Pennsylvania. I don't think Paul can win any state left to be honest with you. His numbers have actually been going down and that shouldn't happen when we thin the field. Idaho is probably the best shot though.

McCain can get 100% in PA and it won't mean squat if Ron Paul delegates get elected.

brandon
02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
McCain can get 100% in PA and it won't mean squat if Ron Paul delegates get elected.

Exactly. PA will be one of our best states. I promise.

Jeremy
02-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Which states have caucuses?

WilliamC
02-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Mississippi votes March 11th but I would predict that Huckabee will pick up more anti-McCain votes here than Ron Paul will.

But it's not a winner take all delegate State either so maybe we can win a few.

I don't know if delegates are bound or not but I'll be working to become one in either case.

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Texans love voting for their own. Don't know if that could ever be enough. Many love war and many are wear-it-on-your-sleeve evangelicals. Even so, it is awfully critical that McCain do poorly in Texas in order to keep him from winning the nomination on the first round vote while delegates are still bound.

South Dakota seems the best shot to me. The Lakota, in particular, aren't prone to do as the MSM tells them to (having been screwed by the media often enough to know better) and tend to be libertarian in character. We'd have to get them to the polls.

Banana
02-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Whatever the state we end up with, we will need to see to it that we have a precinct leader in each precinct.

Recall that you can be leader even if you're in another state, by doing calls, and if you win one supporter, have them do canvassing.

NEPA_Revolution
02-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah, same in Wilkes-Barre and we have a Hillary loving talk show host with a 4 hour program.

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Another state that looks good, especially if we can get the native population to the polls, is New Mexico. And we're more likely to turn them out because McCain has screwed the Navajo and the Hopi hard!

Banana
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Two questions, though...

Will Native Americans trust a white man enough to turn out to vote for him?

Will they be willing to vote for somebody who (I am guessing based on his stances on other issues) may be likely to abrogate the reservation system and Bureau of Indian Affairs?

LABELtheTRAITOR
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
we're working our butts off here in Pa!!! in our two local districts we have 7 delegates on the ballot for 7 positions!!!! NePa (at least) is going Ron Paul ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

LittleLightShining
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
He won't win any future states for the same reason he didn't any past states - vote fraud.

Until the machines are done away with, we return to paper ballots and the ballots are counted in the presence of representatives from all presidential/senatorial/congressional candidates; we'll never has a fair election in this country.

The pros for Vermont have been listed in other threads, but one more reason--

THERE ARE NO VOTING MACHINES IN VERMONT. ALL PAPER BALLOTS.

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Two questions, though...

Will Native Americans trust a white man enough to turn out to vote for him?

Will they be willing to vote for somebody who (I am guessing based on his stances on other issues) may be likely to abrogate the reservation system and Bureau of Indian Affairs?

Ron Paul is the most likely to stand by treaties and the BIA has done more to screw the Nations than to help them. They tend to be strong on defense but not so interested in imperialism. I sincerely believe they're our best bet, especially if we can get Dr. Paul to go to them.

Banana
02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
By 'stand by treaties', do you mean to leave the reservation system alone?

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 03:11 PM
That's what I mean. And the Libertarian Party connection is good, too, as that is the biggest U.S. political party ever to nominate a native man and run him for president. You may not remember, but some do--and it is a selling point, even if Dr. Paul's not running as a Libertarian at the moment.

Like I say, the primary thing would be getting them out to the polls. If we could get enough people playing taxi on voting day, that just might be enough. If the reservations are abuzz enough to make it, I think those of partly or fully native blood in the cities would go to the trouble, especially if them screwing McCain would make a real difference to the guy.

McCain has really screwed these people.

acmegeek
02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I think that it would be a great idea to focus on 1 or 2 states to flat out win it. My only concern is that a lot of our strategies and tactics have been seen by the opposition since this forum is open. I have some ideas, I'm sure many of us have some ideas of how we can very strategically focus effort in a few states to make an obvious and un-ignorable statement. I'm hesitant to spell anything out in this public forum.

I've tossed around the idea of setting up a private forum for these kind of efforts. Is there something like this already? Anybody interested in something like this? Something where to be a part, you have to have some sort of verified credentials and/or others to personally vouch for you? With where things are at, we can't afford to be distracted or misled by either flaky supporters or plants.

Just a thought. PM me with ideas or questions...

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 03:22 PM
And if McCain comes out of March 4th without enough first-round convention votes to take the nomination, we can honestly tell the native peoples of both states that voting for Ron Paul to the last man and woman will really, really send McCain a message he can feel right in his rump. They'll get the word out. McCain's karmic kickback would be assured.

joeu
02-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Having quite a few primaries left in the country, Ron Paul promising to not drop out of the race, let's really test our strength as a group, and pinpoint one particular state to win for Ron Paul and our Revolution.

Although all state primaries are important, let's pick one state that we have at least 1-2 months to ramp up with, concentrate on that one state...ALL OF US.

One victory in one state would be extremely symbolic, not to mention worth it in delegates, to send a message that indeed Ron Paul is a winner. I am confident that if we all focused our extra energies on one state, canvassed the hell out of it, called them with the Ron Paul message, drove people to polling places, appointed polling "officials" to make sure the voters get to vote, etc...WE CAN WIN A STATE.

This would also give our delegates in the upcoming brokered convention something to talk about, point at, show them what a collective effort spearheaded by the man, Ron Paul, can accomplish.

What is the consensus of the states available, state most likely to give Ron Paul a win, preferably a state that uses paper ballots, and at least 1-2 months away (2 months would be better).

Let's win a state for Ron Paul and for the Revolution...WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER...NO PROBLEM.

88 delegates in Ohio...

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Anyone know the proposed route of the NAU highway? How much do you want to bet the Lakota will be expected to give up a few more Black Hills for it? That will motivate South Dakota against McCain!