PDA

View Full Version : Improperly placed rally thread=)>

UnitedWeStand
02-20-2008, 12:50 AM
I've read this idea in several threads now and I think its a good one.We should ask the rally committee to consider having our march at the Republican National Convention. Travelling to the RNC will be a big expenditure for all of the delegates. Two big trips might be prohibitive to some.

I think its a good idea because=

1. We have a real, clear reason for being outside the convention.
a) this means less chance of tasering and questionable motives
b) we will be united in hope of whats going to happen inside the convention

2. We will make a big impression on the undecided delegates.
a) they will see we are "normal" and very American and not the fringe lunatics we've been painted to be
b) we will also boost the morale of the Ron Paul delegates who might start to feel bullied without us in their corner.

3. If we are to win through a brokered convention, it will be very nice to have a lot of visible support to publicize so that Ron Paul wont come off as a hijacker=)

4. If many people insist on having a late March, after all the primaries are over with, the only reasonable and safe huge rally we can have imho is one still connected to the campaign in some way.

Now, all that being said, of course Ron Paul will pick the date. But, if you think this is a good idea, please add to it and consider writing the exploratory march committee to voice your thoughts. Thank you=)>

UnitedWeStand
02-20-2008, 09:25 AM
It's so disheartening to post something you feel is really an intelligent addition to our dialogue, and to find it buried with no responses, isn't it?=)

Jeremy
02-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I didn't even know there was a rally committee :o

UnitedWeStand
02-20-2008, 09:28 AM
freedommarch@ronpaul2008.com

=)>

acptulsa
02-20-2008, 10:33 AM
I do agree. I think this rally thread is improperly placed, and I do think a Washington march for freedom would be improperly placed. I'm all for accompanying St. Paul to St. Paul. I like it.

belian78
02-20-2008, 10:50 AM
well i can see the upsides, however i think that your missing the point behind the rally. i would love to see RP as prez just as much as anyone else, however being realistic, there is no way TPTB are going to let it happen at this point. If we had done the amazing and won some big states maybe, but at this point McCain is the annointed one.

This rally is about liberty minded people rallying togther and showing washington just how big we are. We are letting them know we will not go away. They can throw they're shennanigans this election cycle, but we will not go away. We are letting them know they're days are numbered. Weather it be next election cycle or 3, we will weed out the neocons from the local level up, and keep hammering the presidential elections every four years until the constitution is once again the driving force behind this country.

Besides, if we have as many infiltrators as it seems as though we may, being at the convention is the LAST place we want to be. Not to mention that St Paul just ordered a HUGE amount of tasers, enough for the entire police force. :confused:

UnitedWeStand
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
well i can see the upsides, however i think that your missing the point behind the rally. i would love to see RP as prez just as much as anyone else, however being realistic, there is no way TPTB are going to let it happen at this point. If we had done the amazing and won some big states maybe, but at this point McCain is the annointed one.

This rally is about liberty minded people rallying togther and showing washington just how big we are. We are letting them know we will not go away. They can throw they're shennanigans this election cycle, but we will not go away. We are letting them know they're days are numbered. Weather it be next election cycle or 3, we will weed out the neocons from the local level up, and keep hammering the presidential elections every four years until the constitution is once again the driving force behind this country.

Besides, if we have as many infiltrators as it seems as though we may, being at the convention is the LAST place we want to be. Not to mention that St Paul just ordered a HUGE amount of tasers, enough for the entire police force. :confused:

I'm not missing the point of the rally. If we are to peacefully assemble for any reason, I think it needs to be within the safety of "supporting our candidate during the primary season".

You say we need to show washington how big we are, I say we need to show the republican party bigwigs how big we are. They will remember our numbers and our faces when making future nominations.

1 million people marches are the new standard for washington dc marches. Anything short of that wil be seen as small and pathetic. Even 20,000 people rallying near the RNC would be huge, huge numbers that to my knowledge are unprecedented.

We need to not only preach to the choir by rallying together, but also preach to the republican congregation as well at the RNC.

You want Ron Paul to have a voice, a policy making voice at the convention? Lets go stand with him! He has stood alone, ignored and ridiculed for our rights for so long. Let's show him he's not alone anymore. Let's amplify his voice 10,000+ fold.

Imagine the emotional, physical,intellectual and spiritual pressure he will feel at the convention. If I can cheer him and energize him with my smiles,love and support in any way on this crucial day, I will. Will you?

UnitedWeStand
02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm all for accompanying St. Paul to St. Paul. I like it.

There's something eerie/magical/divine about the choice of St. Paul isnt there?

I personally get a much better "vibe" from imagining the St. Paul rally than the (insert frightening music here) DC march.