PDA

View Full Version : Putting ads up in your local theater

cujothekitten
08-14-2007, 04:31 PM
You know when you're sitting and waiting for the movie to start and there is a slideshow of advertisements playing... why don't we do that too? Everyone is pretty much staring at a big screen, why not put Ron Paul's mug up there? I hear it's pretty cheap, you could use the same ad from the newspaper.

krott5333
08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
does cinemark allow political ads?

skiingff
08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I replied to your other thread about TV ads, we need a centralized campaign to coordinate the grassroots effort to get RP's message out there (via tv, radio, newspaper, movie ads, whatever). Which means we need a PAC formed, and we need that PAC to have a website to coordinate all advertising efforts. We need to be able to get logistics issues solved, and also view, vote on, and fundraise for TV/other ads in one centralized location.

DjLoTi
08-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I've seen a thread about this already. The cost to do this is actually quite inexpensive.

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
What are the cost DJ?

DjLoTi
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
There's a thread here somewhere about it... I don't know exactly.. but I do remember it was really, really affordable.

SwooshOU
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I think a PAC with a coordinated effort would really pay off.

DjLoTi
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Found it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6440

I just had a great idea. Many movie theatres sell advertisements where they will show slides from local businesses before the movies start.

For example, there is a theatre near here that charges $75 plus $100 a month with a 3 month minimum. For this, you get a slide that is shown on screen for 5 seconds. It is mixed in with other ads and rotates every 3 or 4 minutes.

So for less than $400, people will be seeing your ad at least 2 or 3 times before every movie starts for the next 3 months. I think this would be a great way to get the word out and I just proposed it to my local meetup group on our site.

specsaregood
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I found this organization via AMC movie theatres:
http://www.ncm.com/InTheatreAdvertising/default.aspx?theatrecode=AMC

Some interesting notes and specs info:
Ad Specs: http://adspecs.ncm.com/www/html/specsslide.html

POLITICAL NOT Permitted
1. Candidates negatively (NCM to be the determining party) attacking the opponent’s positions, person, person’s family or character is NOT allowed.
2. Candidates presenting positions on controversial issues i.e. Iraq war, gun control, abortion, taxation, civil rights is NOT allowed.
3. Candidates in scenes with controversial figures with well known controversial opinions i.e. Michael Moore, Pat Robertson will NOT be allowed.
4. Candidates positioned in controversial settings i.e. abortion clinics, war zones, picket lines will NOT be allowed.
5. Controversial propositions and legislative ballot issues are NOT acceptable.

POLITICAL Permitted
1. Showing candidate’s name, picture, party affiliation, web address and fund raising contact information are acceptable.
2. Candidates presented in a non-partisan settings I.e. with family in the home, yard or park setting is acceptable.
3. Candidate can be shown with non-partisan constituency in a setting I.e. with friends walking through local neighborhood.
4. Candidate can solicit for a vote for him/her with non negative rationale.
5. Non controversial (NCM to be the determining party) propositions and legislative ballot issues are acceptable.
6. Get out to vote ads are acceptable
7. Amendment support ads are acceptable-subject to NCM approval
8. Congress and Legislative races allowed for playback in segment 3, 4 or Virtual Carousel
9. Local politics (Government, State) allowed for playback segment 3, 4 or virtual carousel
10. Contracts must be paid in full up-front

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
2. Candidates presenting positions on controversial issues i.e. Iraq war, gun control, abortion, taxation, civil rights is NOT allowed.

Didn't know these were so controversial. The Bill of Rights controversial? Taxation Controversial? I wonder if they consider the Constitution controversial?

LOL

--Dustan

Man from La Mancha
08-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks like this is a job for the super ad-- AIMS We The People ad.

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Didn't know these were so controversial. The Bill of Rights controversial? Taxation Controversial? I wonder if they consider the Constitution controversial?

LOL

--Dustan

I think that makes sense honestly. Controversy leads to opinions being voiced, opinions voiced leads to argument, arguments lead to worse. Not really conducive to a quiet, peaceful movie theater.

I hear ya though, made me laugh when I first read that one.