PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a money bomb?

gregl26
02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I am curious about how to get a money-bomb. I was recently on the front page of Daily Paul and the Paulunteer. I was also just added to Paul Congress. I am trying to get a speaking position at the D.C. rally and Ron Paul's endorsement. All of this has helped but I noticed that Forsythe, Sabrin, and Sanders all have bombs coming up and was hoping I could get one after their's are over.

I am sorry if this comes across as forward or improper. I am just trying to do whatever I can to get as much support as possible so that Dr. Paul will no longer be alone in Congress.

"I want the America my grandfather spoke of as I sat on his knee, that George Washington fought an empire to create, that countless Americans have given their lives to defend, and that the constitution defines. We all know what that America is. It is ingrained into our very souls. It hearkens to us from the dawn of this great nation in the words of the founders. It is a nation where government is small and liberty is cherished. It is a nation in which the people do not toil half the year just to pay the government. It is a nation in which the powers that be in Washington are actually accountable to the people. These ideas are eternal, they are natural, they ARE America." -Greg Lewis-

Thank you all for curing my apathy!
Greg Lewis

terlinguatx
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM

pacelli
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Stick around on the forums and keep posting. You'll get much more attention by investing some time to offer comments on important threads. Once the other moneybombs have finished, you can pick a date and see if people have enough credit left over ;)

dsentell
02-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Hello Greg!

Thank you for running for Congress. I have been asking people to go to paulcongress to meet all our wonderful candidates and to donate generously!

You have a very nice website, but it is missing one thing that we Paulites REALLY love . . . . a widget showing your donations. The transparancy is great for a Paulitician and it really gets us motivated at donation time. :) We like to see the amount climb ^^^^!

Just Come Home
02-19-2008, 10:52 PM
My suggestion would be to start submitting articles about your positions to LewRockwell.com for starters.

gregl26
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Hello Greg!

Thank you for running for Congress. I have been asking people to go to paulcongress to meet all our wonderful candidates and to donate generously!

You have a very nice website, but it is missing one thing that we Paulites REALLY love . . . . a widget showing your donations. The transparancy is great for a Paulitician and it really gets us motivated at donation time. :) We like to see the amount climb ^^^^!

I agree, PatriotCalendar is working on one now. Thanks for the input everyone.

Jeremy
02-19-2008, 11:05 PM
If your primary is in the summer, I wouldn't push for a moneybomb until after Sabrin's

pinkmandy
02-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I think we should have a day for RP repubs who are running- probably right after the march when everyone's spirits are running high!

gregl26
02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
If your primary is in the summer, I wouldn't push for a moneybomb until after Sabrin's

Of course. I stated above it would be after the other three Paulites if there was one. I would never want to interfere with another candidate's.

JimInNY
02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
A good start would be to have a webpage about yourself, your positions, experience, etc, and put a link to it in your signature on this forum.

People will see it, have a look, and if they like what they see, will become interested in your campaign.

newyearsrevolution08
02-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Greg I can help with this one as well if needed. I do agree that we need to build up the country from the bottom up (well we dont need to but it sure would be easier then starting with the president lol) and NO I do not think congress is the bottom so dont take it that way but I hope you understand my point.

I think the rp congress site is the first place to start of course and I also believe that however things end with ron paul that this movement will only increase. Once we are not funding presidential candidacies we will be odds are promoting local/state candidates to get the constitutionalists in office as much as possible.

Having just ron paul in congress is one thing but have a TON of like minded people in congress WITH him is something that could finally do something. His 499 to 1 voting does NOTHING for us BUT I understand why he does, he just needs others so it will soon be US with the 499 and THEM with the 1 and hopefully ZERO.

If we had ron paul republicans as mayors, governors and in congress and other seats of office we could really NOT be stopped at all.

I will only vote for endorsed candidates though as anyone can take a "stance" to get money, votes and so forth. I just dont take anything at face value anymore even if your specific views seem great.

Happy to see more and more people taking office and happy to support them!

keep up the fight and hope you do indeed get that endorsement.

boggie08
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Trevor Lyman helped create the Ron Paul moneybombs and several failed attempts for congressional candidates. You really need: a date, preferably one with some patriotic significance; a pledge site; a donations ticker; and most importantly, lots of enthusiasm about your candidacy and the moneybomb itself. That is what is lacking for the failed moneybombs: enthusiasm.