PDA

View Full Version : What time do the polls close in WA?

mcvac
02-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Anybody know?

ValidusCustodiae
02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
2 mins ago

results coming in here

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#WA

ValidusCustodiae
02-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Results now coming in, so far mccain ahead with less than 1% reporting, RP in 3rd strong with 17% best primary % I've seen yet for him!

Edit: Doh, now he's down to 7%... HOW CAN THE PRIMARY #'s be so different from CAUCUS #'s!?!?!

nate895
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Results now coming in, so far mccain ahead with less than 1% reporting, RP in 3rd strong with 17% best primary % I've seen yet for him!

The Ron Paul results may hold, but the Romney ones won't. We do mostly mail-in ballots, so a ton of ballots were turned before he dropped.

nate895
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM

Edit: Doh, now he's down to 7%... HOW CAN THE PRIMARY #'s be so different from CAUCUS #'s!?!?!

Because of turnout.

Rangeley
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
For the same reason he has always performed far better in caucuses than primaries. Its a matter of dedication. Primaries are easy, you can go and vote whenever you want to during the day. Caucuses take a bit more, you need to go at a specific time, sit through a meeting, etc. And becoming a delegate takes even more effort, which is why we perform even better when it comes to getting delegates.

ValidusCustodiae
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Because of turnout, ok so what you're telling me is that people who are pretty much sure McCain will win came to the poll to vote for him anyway in droves, while dedicated Ron Paul supporters just sorta gave up and went home?

I smell something rotten here. Does WA have electronic voting? :(

kirkblitz
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
plus the fact they wont count 20k of the ballots due to some dumb arse slip up, dont expect a win here tonight.

Join The Paul Side
02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
CNN showed Juan McCain is winning Washington with 51% of the vote so far. :(

Rangeley
02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Because of turnout, ok so what you're telling me is that people who are pretty much sure McCain will win came to the poll to vote for him anyway in droves, while dedicated Ron Paul supporters just sorta gave up and went home?

No. Its a matter of dedication. It takes far less dedication to go vote in a primary, then it does a caucus, or becoming delegates.

ValidusCustodiae
02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I hope mccain doesn't win texas... because then it's obama vs . mccain.

=(

nate895
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM

We have mail in ballots in most of the state, and BTW, most of the votes won't be counted until tomorrow.