PDA

View Full Version : Who would Martin Luther King, Jr. support for president?

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I really hate when Obama quotes MLK. Who do you think MLK would endorse if he was alive today?

AJ Antimony
02-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Um, Ron Paul the libertarian?

steph3n
02-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Honestly, he is dead, he can not support anyone, it is like the republicans arguing over who Reagan would support.

dw1345
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
As Obama said, he wouldn't endorse anyone. He would stand back and let the American people decide. I agree with him.

FrankRep
02-19-2008, 08:57 PM
God / Jesus '08

I'm sure MLK would want to end the Iraq war and restore the Constitution. Only one candidate wants to do that. Ron Paul.

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Honestly, he is dead, he can not support anyone, it is like the republicans arguing over who Reagan would support.

Well, obviously he is dead and cannot support anyone. This is hypothetical, and not nearly as annoying as the debate over Ronal Regan who was a bad president. MLK was a good person, and therefore, I find it not a waste of time to discuss this.

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
As Obama said, he wouldn't endorse anyone. He would stand back and let the American people decide. I agree with him.

He would stand back? He wouldn't vote? What is he God? Of course he would support someone. I deeply regret using the word endorse, because apparently everyone is an expert on the fact that MLK is dead and whether or not he will endorse anyone. What I found annoying is the fact that Obama thinks he is on the same level of greatness as MLK.

gerryb
02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
He would endorse Obama, if anyone.

Not because they are both black, but because they are both communists.

This is assuming of course he would hold the same exact views he did back then, and did not take into account the changes that have occurred in this country and the world since the time of his death.. With all things considered, it might be a toss-up between Kucinich, Gravel, and RP.

Why even start this thread, though?

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
He would endorse Obama, if anyone.

Not because they are both black, but because they are both communists.

This is assuming of course he would hold the same exact views he did back then, and did not take into account the changes that have occurred in this country and the world since the time of his death.. With all things considered, it might be a toss-up between Kucinich, Gravel, and RP.

Why even start this thread, though?

How is MLK a commmunist?

ValidusCustodiae
02-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Ron Paul opposes the Civil Rights Act. MLK pushed hard for it.

Civil Rights Act basically creates thoughtcrime.

dw1345
02-19-2008, 10:36 PM
He would stand back? He wouldn't vote? What is he God? Of course he would support someone. I deeply regret using the word endorse, because apparently everyone is an expert on the fact that MLK is dead and whether or not he will endorse anyone. What I found annoying is the fact that Obama thinks he is on the same level of greatness as MLK.

There's a difference between endorsing and voting. Yes, he would probably vote for Obama, but I don't think he would come all out and endorse Obama. Well, now that I think about it, he probably would. :p

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Ron Paul opposes the Civil Rights Act. MLK pushed hard for it.

Civil Rights Act basically creates thoughtcrime.

Oh ok, thanks for sharing that. I just looked this up http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

terlinguatx
02-19-2008, 10:51 PM

Revolution9
02-19-2008, 10:54 PM
How is MLK a commmunist?

Backed by the CPA and went to their training schools. Civil rights were the licensure and priveleging of natural rights allowing the government reign where it had none. They should have followed The Constitution.

Randy

Cinderella
02-19-2008, 11:13 PM
i wonder who MALCOLM X would have supported??

Paulitical Correctness
02-19-2008, 11:18 PM
The most important question you could ask is "Who would our founding fathers support?"

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
The most important question you could ask is "Who would our founding fathers support?"

Excellent point. The answer is obvious... Mike Huckabee :D

Cinderella
02-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Excellent point. The answer is obvious... Mike Huckabee :D

no what are u talking about....the obvious answer is mccain...his sound knowledge of the economy are one of his many fine traits ;)