PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell????

abbiegavie
02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
How in the hell can they predict McCain the winner of Wisconsin (CNN) 3 minutes after the poles close????

dw1345
02-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Two words: Exit Polls.

Falseflagop
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
4 words!

The fix is IN !!

Just like in all the rest of the elections, they are all FRAUD!! I don't even bother anymore, NH recount is spelling it out FRAUD!!!!

abbiegavie
02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
No one here had exit polls. I haven't seen any exit polls at all here. There don't even have any numbers up there. How do they know that people voted the way they say they did and weren't just trying to pull some crap on them. Now they are going on what people say and not even waiting to count the votes?>?????? something is not right with this.

first off, my husband nor I were asked for any kind of indentification at all which doesn't sound right to me. Now this....

Something is not right here.

justatrey
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Its pretty common for them to project after just 1 or 2% counted, but I've never seen after 0 votes.

devil21
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
McWar is already giving his "victory speech". He started 5 minutes after the polls closed. They knew what the results of the vote would be beforehand. This is getting to be absurd.

abbiegavie
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Why can't we see the numbers coming in at least?

homah
02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Why can't we see the numbers coming in at least?

The first numbers and exit polls are up at CNN.

McCain will win with about 50% of the vote.

abbiegavie
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah McCain at 83% Huckabee 11% with 0 % reporting!!!!!! HUH???

Sandra
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
If CNN is your only source for voting results, you're in trouble.

phredley
02-19-2008, 08:22 PM
No one here had exit polls. I haven't seen any exit polls at all here. There don't even have any numbers up there. How do they know that people voted the way they say they did and weren't just trying to pull some crap on them. Now they are going on what people say and not even waiting to count the votes?>?????? something is not right with this.

first off, my husband nor I were asked for any kind of indentification at all which doesn't sound right to me. Now this....

Something is not right here.

my identification was telling them my address and name.. anyone could have easily voted for anyone else if they just knew their address and name.

markj
02-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Our system is beyond corrupt.

mello
02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm proud to say that I'm part of the 4% that voted for Ron Paul.
I'm 36 years old & this is the first time I had a good reason to vote.
I never did like the idea of voting for the lesser of two evils & with
Dr. Paul I don't have to. He's the first candidate that I actually believed
wasn't lying to me or giving me lip service for my vote. He's the
first candidate that stood by his principles & never wavered from his
belief in the Constitution. He's also the first candidate that I've donated
money to as well (currently $801).

My vote will not end with Ron Paul either. I'm voting for every
Ron Paul Republican or Constitutionalist in every future Congressional,
Senate & Presidential race until the day I die.

My eyes are open & I'm never closing them again.

Michael Landon
02-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Agreed.

- ML

tpreitzel
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Beautifully stated. :)

mortepa
02-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Right on bro!

JordanQ72
02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
How in the hell can they predict McCain the winner of Wisconsin (CNN) 3 minutes after the poles close????

How is it possible that this question is asked like a dozen times every single time a primary comes along? Holy fuck people, take a stat course.

Just like in all the rest of the elections, they are all FRAUD!!

And don't forget your tinfoil apparently.

mello
02-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Agreed.

- ML

Michael, didn't you die like 8 or 9 years ago? :)

PS. Does anyone know where that politico.com map of Wisconsin is? I can't seem to find it.

AlabamaWildMan
02-19-2008, 09:20 PM
The fix is FOX

Bubba
02-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Stupid stupid stupid people.

5%?

And still, no rioting in the streets. How pathetic.

Go back to sleep and await the pending extermination.

trapfive
02-19-2008, 09:47 PM

Just don't do what I did. I grew up Republican, thanks mostly to Reagan and as the Neo-Cons took over I dropped the ball and didn't pay attention. Thanks Dr. Paul, for opening up my eyes to reality. The truth is very liberating, scary but liberating.

mello
02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Congressman Paul helped me realize that I was a constitutionalist.
Before this I thought I leaned more on the Democrat side.

CountryboyRonPaul
02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Stupid stupid stupid people.

5%?

And still, no rioting in the streets. How pathetic.

Go back to sleep and await the pending extermination.

In Louisiana the ONLY signs I see are Ron Paul signs, Democrat or Republican, and I see a decent number of Ron Paul signs, I counted 6 in one hour of driving yesterday for example.

I suspect it's like this in other states as well.

HollyforRP
02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
In Louisiana the ONLY signs I see are Ron Paul signs, Democrat or Republican, and I see a decent number of Ron Paul signs, I counted 6 in one hour of driving yesterday for example.

I see only Ron Paul signs.

pacelli
02-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Wisconsin: 81% in. Paul in 3rd with 5% (15,167 votes)

Washington: 38% in. Paul in 3rd with 8% with 20,054 votes.

deedles
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
The national campaign did no ads in Wisconsin in my area. No TV whatsoever, a couple radio ads a few weeks ago. We've busted our butts here for him and zip. Nothing. No appearances, nothing from any family member even. We're all a bit disappointed that Wisconsin was ignored by the national campaign. People didn't even realize that he was still running. The media ignore him and lately it seems, he has been ignoring himself. I'm bummed right now after 9 months of hard work for 5%,

:(

Matthew P.
02-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw that many counties in WI were for Ron Paul at 7% or better. One even had him at 10%! That's good, but the system is still corrupt!

Matthew P.
02-20-2008, 12:01 AM
By the way - I know it sounds great that Ron Paul is in third - but hey, how good is third when there are only three? I guess it's better than third with only two!

TruthisTreason
02-20-2008, 12:23 AM

Same in Kentucky and Tennessee!

mello
02-20-2008, 12:39 AM
The national campaign did no ads in Wisconsin in my area. No TV whatsoever, a couple radio ads a few weeks ago. We've busted our butts here for him and zip. Nothing. No appearances, nothing from any family member even. We're all a bit disappointed that Wisconsin was ignored by the national campaign. People didn't even realize that he was still running. The media ignore him and lately it seems, he has been ignoring himself. I'm bummed right now after 9 months of hard work for 5%,

I did see a lot of Obama commercials but no Ron Paul ads, no mailers, no phone calls...nothing.

msatoria
02-20-2008, 01:00 AM
As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like the GOP takes primaries, and caucuses seriously. After all, the parties themselves used to choose the candidate to represent them, but changed it to what it is now to make it seem more democratic I suppose. The GOP in congress doesn't like Ron, and that's it. They would rather lose the executive branch apparently. Stubborn idiots. I really hate the party more than the dems.

WRellim
02-20-2008, 01:21 AM

Did try to warn everyone to be prepared for this... sorry. :(

Shaun
02-20-2008, 01:54 AM
We only got 5% REALLY. Wow, WHAT A SHOCKER?
Must be fraud, must be, absolutely, 1000% IT'S FRAUD I TELL YOU, THE BASTARDS HAVE IT IN FOR US. I mean it must be, because we had the best PR Firms, speech writers, images consultants, suits, sound bytes, best TV and Radio Ads, best advisors, strongest endorsements, most effective use of campaign funds EARLY on ( after all no campaign would be stupid enough to have 5Million left at this point...) also, we had a world class PROVEN, TRACK RECORD OF WINNING, HQ team of top flight executives, also we had an aggressive ass kicking campaign that IMMEDIATELY leapt on the other candidates weakeness's...so we had all this and yes, I can see it clearly, we got our usual 5% DUE TO FRAUD.
Get a life people.
This campaign was a complete jerk off with a bunch of "good ole boys" that Ron selected.
I love Ron, but ultimately the failure is on his shoulders, he was the CEO in charge, he was President of this campaign and he decided who his leaders were going to be. He chose wrong.
IT'S OVER.
Mercifully.

Poltiical_Rebel
02-20-2008, 02:43 AM
I suggest you then refocus efforts to the Congressional campaign if the national run will not work for you.

Mordan
02-20-2008, 06:03 AM
don't put the blame too quickly on Ron Paul's shoulders. They are many factors against us. And money is powerless against them. Chief among them is the media bias backed by the establishment.
you cannot change Ron Paul. If you want a chief executive... go look for Romney.. ah he left the race and endorsed McCain. There you go.

Sandra
02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
In Louisiana Ron Paul won. The problem was our GOP DECIDED not to count the provisional votes simply because it didn't suit the outcome.

francioshouse
02-20-2008, 07:58 AM

First of all, Ron is busy trying to defend his Congessional seat in Texas. Secondly, the campaign is virtually broke. The 5% of you that voted for Paul, Thank you. Now go to the website and each donate $50 so the campaign can do something in another state. The fundraising numbers have not been good this year.

Sandra
02-20-2008, 08:02 AM
First of all, Ron is busy trying to defend his Congessional seat in Texas. Secondly, the campaign is virtually broke. The 5% of you that voted for Paul, Thank you. Now go to the website and each donate $50 so the campaign can do something in another state. The fundraising numbers have not been good this year.

Big statements to make without a source. Source please?

AdamT
02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
One of the Stevens Point precincts we did canvassing in, Ron Paul got 20% - so we essentially quadrupled his state-wide numbers. City-wide he got 13%, which I believe is due to our billboard and other activity.

I'm waiting to find out other numbers, but it's clear if HQ had spent money here on radio and TV, we would've done much better. But in order to beat McCain we would've needed Ron Paul to come to WI in addition to lots of media coverage. Most local newspapers didn't even include Ron Paul in the "candidate comparison" charts. Bastards.

raystone
02-20-2008, 08:53 AM
One of the Stevens Point precincts we did canvassing in, Ron Paul got 20% - so we essentially quadrupled his state-wide numbers. City-wide he got 13%, which I believe is due to our billboard and other activity.

I'm waiting to find out other numbers, but it's clear if HQ had spent money here on radio and TV, we would've done much better. But in order to beat McCain we would've needed Ron Paul to come to WI in addition to lots of media coverage. Most local newspapers didn't even include Ron Paul in the "candidate comparison" charts. Bastards.

Fantastic news AdamTt....states yet to vote should hear more about the canvassing details, and what was most effective to get the message across.

Stevens Point deserves Wiscsonsin's first "Liberty Center"

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/UPDATES01/80217032/1002/

WRellim
02-20-2008, 10:01 AM

Where are you getting the precinct-level results?

Crickett
02-20-2008, 10:31 AM

Don't be bummed. I spent a bunch of money and aired 166 tv ads here and altogether we got like 179 votes. The signs do little and TV ads do little. Neither one is going to just change people's minds right then, who to vote for. Unfortunately, they simply do not understand the dangers of voting for anyone but Ron.

raystone
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Where are you getting the precinct-level results?

http://www.co.portage.wi.us/Election%20Results/2-19-08/02-19-08%20election%20for%20it%20to%20put%20on%20web.htm

IPSecure
02-20-2008, 10:50 AM
The game is not over, we are actually winning a hell of a lot more than people realize!

Listen to the message from last night!
http://www.justin.tv/ronpaul/70460/Precinct_Leader_Video_Update

It is ALL about the Delegates!

It is NOT Over!!!

- Get the Local / Nationwide Meet-Up Groups Together!
- And Do It NOW!

WRellim
02-20-2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.co.portage.wi.us/Election%20Results/2-19-08/02-19-08%20election%20for%20it%20to%20put%20on%20web.htm

Ah OK, thought maybe you'd found a statewide drill-down that I didn't know about.

Alas, my county clerk only posts the aggregate results for the full county (no precinct breakdowns). :(

liberteebell
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM

Don't feel bad. We had a couple of decent radio ads, never saw tv ads. We were lucky though; Ron Paul did make an appearance in military base-rich Virginia right after the news was out about fund raising from military personnel. The problem is that he appeared at Liberty University, home of a chancellor who endorsed Who Would Jesus Bomb? huckabee and to a crowd of 8500 who were required to attend and had to be told to behave.

A gal from my area said that the kids in attendance couldn't have cared less about Dr. Paul or what he had to say. She said that most of them fidgeted in their seats.

In contrast, every other candidate visited the Tidewater area (bill stood in for shrillary but what the heck? They're co-conspirators anyway). Obamination had a crowd of 18,000 in Virginia Beach.

For the life of me, I'll never understand this.

WRellim
02-20-2008, 11:10 AM
The problem is that he appeared at Liberty University, home of a chancellor who endorsed Who Would Jesus Bomb? huckabee and to a crowd of 8500 who were required to attend and had to be told to behave.

A gal from my area said that the kids in attendance couldn't have cared less about Dr. Paul or what he had to say. She said that most of them fidgeted in their seats.

Interesting. And the campaign and the "fanboys" (LRC, etc) all tout this Liberty University speech as some really huge event that was an RP love-fest and harbinger of an "active" campaign and all that jazz.

From my understanding of Liberty University (BushCo recruiting HQ from what I've heard) that struck me as somewhat unlikely.

So it ends up just being even more smoke being blown up our proverbial... nether regions.

:confused:

Starting to think this group of clowns aren't just clowns, but rather crafty con-artists. I mean, what? Is the goal now to just keep enough people on-board to by a couple of million copies of Ron's new "book" at the end of April???

And in the age of the internet, if you really want to get a "manifesto" out to all of your supporters, why would you publish it ONLY on dead trees & make people buy it from Amazon? Why not just put a PDF out there and let the masses read it online and/or make copies? (You could still do a vanity publish for the supporters who wanted a bound copy... probably still sell thousands, maybe tend or even a hundred thousand. But the motive for SPECIFICALLY publishing via dead trees can ONLY be profit. Ca-Ching! Best seller 60 days before published. And one has to wonder if anything more than the cover exists right now... and if so, why not publish a free excerpt? Amazon makes THAT part easy. Hmmmm...)

liberteebell
02-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Interesting. And the campaign and the "fanboys" (LRC, etc) all tout this Liberty University speech as some really huge event that was an RP love-fest and harbinger of an "active" campaign and all that jazz.

From my understanding of Liberty University (BushCo recruiting HQ from what I've heard) that struck me as somewhat unlikely.

So it ends up just being even more smoke being blown up our proverbial... nether regions.

:confused:

Starting to think this group of clowns aren't just clowns, but rather crafty con-artists. I mean, what? Is the goal now to just keep enough people on-board to by a couple of million copies of Ron's new "book" at the end of April???

And in the age of the internet, if you really want to get a "manifesto" out to all of your supporters, why would you publish it ONLY on dead trees & make people buy it from Amazon? Why not just put a PDF out there and let the masses read it online and/or make copies? (You could still do a vanity publish for the supporters who wanted a bound copy... probably still sell thousands, maybe tend or even a hundred thousand. But the motive for SPECIFICALLY publishing via dead trees can ONLY be profit. Ca-Ching! Best seller 60 days before published. And one has to wonder if anything more than the cover exists right now... and if so, why not publish a free excerpt? Amazon makes THAT part easy. Hmmmm...)

The speech itself was excellent. However, what my friend told me (and she drove about 4 hours one-way to get there) is that other than the hard-core Ron Paul supporters, the reception was lukewarm at best.

Like you, I have many unanswered questions. And I think HQ was hijacked in more ways than one.

WRellim
02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
The speech itself was excellent. However, what my friend told me (and she drove about 4 hours one-way to get there) is that other than the hard-core Ron Paul supporters, the reception was lukewarm at best.

Like you, I have many unanswered questions. And I think HQ was hijacked in more ways than one.

Yes, I saw a youtube of the speech and think RP did a pretty good job with the speech itself.

BTW, He could still REALLY use a speech-writer to help him refine his "campaign message" so that it comes across clearer -- most of it goes over the heads of the general public. (And needlessly so, simply because RP "assumes" everyone knows the background on this stuff. I mean *I* know what he means by a "Tonkin" reference -- but without the added "fraudulent basis of the Vietnam War" reference, 99% of a student audience probably think he said "Tonka" and is referring to some kind of kid's toy truck or something.)

I had an excellent first-hand example of this at the Chicago Rally last fall -- during his speech, Ron said we should repeal the 16th amendment, which got a huge applause -- and then said "and while we're at it let's repeal the 17th amendment as well," which got ANOTHER huge response.

Now I'm sure RP went away thinking "WOW. They all want to get rid of the 17th amendment! Cool!" -- but nothing could be further from the truth.

I know what the 17th amendment is about (it made Senators directly elected by the population rather than "appointed" by the states -- a definite obscure "states rights" issue). But I asked several people that I knew after the rally -- they had all cheered wildly at the "repeal the 17th Amendment" statement -- and NOT ONE of them had a clue what that was about. They all assumed it had something to do with the IRS and income taxes.

So there is definitely a "disconnect" there. RP is saying one thing -- the crowd *thinks* it is hearing something else -- and they are both going away with a completely incorrect impression. (And I'm fairly positive that NONE of RP's "worshipful" disciple-like campaign staff have the guts or brutal honesty to tell him the truth of the matter. Basically, because they are such "loyal friends" they have ended up surrounding him as a bunch of sycophants -- even though that is NOT their intent, and they would be horrified at me implying it; but that doesn't make it less true).

And I think much the same type of thing is going on on several other levels -- as with the Liberty University speech. It was a good speech, but was it actually a resounding success? In whose eyes? And with what "return" on the investment of time and scheduling versus other campaigning opportunities lost?

jmarinara
02-20-2008, 09:33 PM
No one here had exit polls. I haven't seen any exit polls at all here. There don't even have any numbers up there.

Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there. There was a story on the Milwaukee news here in town about what an exit poller does with his day. They interviewed him.

How do they know that people voted the way they say they did and weren't just trying to pull some crap on them.

Why would they lie?

Now they are going on what people say and not even waiting to count the votes?>?????? something is not right with this.

I agree. It is absolutely ridiculous that the media is so obsessed with the exit polling and doesn't even report the official results.

first off, my husband nor I were asked for any kind of indentification at all

Yeah, well, welcome to Wisconsin. Sadly.

jmarinara
02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
my identification was telling them my address and name.. anyone could have easily voted for anyone else if they just knew their address and name.

Yeah. Thank the Wisconsin Democratic Party for this mess.

It's like Mark Belling says "they don't oppose cheating because they benefit from cheating."

jmarinara
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM

Not really. There isn't a sign to be found here in Wisconsin. Plenty of Radio and TV ads though, although none for the good doctor.

Also, you could have seen ten million signs for Paul, and all it could have meant was that 10 people put up a million signs each. Number of signs is meaningless.

For instance, I worked on a state wide campaign and went through four cases (250 per case) of signs in a month.

jmarinara
02-20-2008, 09:40 PM

I agree here. The national campaign DROPPED THE BALL here, as they have dropped it the whole campaign.

Not one appearance? Not one TV as? Come on guys!

jmarinara
02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
The game is not over, we are actually winning a hell of a lot more than people realize!

It is NOT Over!!!

- And Do It NOW!

lol, we aren't winning a thing. The cry of delegates and brokered elections is the stuff of pipe dreams. John McCain is going to be the nominee. The only question is: Will Ron Paul retain his congressional seat?

Molly1
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM

It is NOT Over!!!

- And Do It NOW!

Amen!

Ron Paul Republicans --become delegates from your state to the national Convention!

All Seeing Eye
02-22-2008, 06:46 AM
liberty bump