PDA

View Full Version : maxed out donors - buying Ron Paul items off e-bay to help campaign?

qh4dotcom
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I've seen people selling Ron Paul stuff on Ebay who claim that they will donate all proceeds to Ron Paul campaign...some are even precinct leaders...so that would be a possible loophole for a maxed out donor who wanted to donate more than the $2,300 limit to the Ron Paul campaign. Plus you would get some cool Ron Paul merchandise in your mailbox like I have. Just make a search on Ebay for "Ron Paul"

Anyone know if this is OK?

kirkblitz
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
yes

TruthAtLast
02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
i guess you would have to make sure that the seller on Ebay isn't already maxed out. Otherwise, paying $1000 for a T-Shirt to someone who can't donate it to Ron Paul anyway is pretty risky (assuming they don't just take the money for themselves).

qh4dotcom
02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
i guess you would have to make sure that the seller on Ebay isn't already maxed out. Otherwise, paying $1000 for a T-Shirt to someone who can't donate it to Ron Paul anyway is pretty risky (assuming they don't just take the money for themselves).

You're supposed to pay the winning bid amount...and if you wanted to donate more you would buy more items from different sellers...not all of them can be maxed out.