PDA

View Full Version : David Walker on Glenn Beck

Penners
02-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Below is a link.... was a great segment. A transcript or quotes from this would be great to incorporate into our blogs or ads!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/02/19gb.america.fiscal.crisis.cnn

As I mentioned on another thread a RP ad during the break would'a just knocked people on their collective arses.

Here are some excerpts from that clip

David Walker: "The real problem that we have is spending is out of control. We are going to see record deficits and debt levels if we don’t end up starting to reform our entitlement programs and our tax system. And the first thing we have to do is learn the rule of hole, stop digging and reimpose some tough budget controls."

"What that means is that all the things that the founding fathers intended for the federal government to do are going to be crowded out by entitlement programs unless we end up reforming those programs, unless we end up reexamining the base of spending, and also look at our tax system. I mean we are just on an ? an unsustainable path . And the problem, Glenn is not just the deficits and debt, it’s that we have a saving deficit – we’re having to borrow all this money from foreigners so, foreign players hold more of our national mortgage. That’s a high risk strategy."

"I really believe, Glenn, that we’ve got 5 to 10 years to get our act together and show our foreign leaders that we are gonna get serious and that’s one of the reasons I’m going to the pog Petersons foundation to try to get more active and more specific to help save America’s future. "

Dave Wood
02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
This is serious stuff folks. Walker could instantly raise the level of awareness of RP in the minds of average joe voters. We need him on our side, he explains RON PAUL better than RON PAUL does!!!!

N13
02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Straight talk for all.